Envysion, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Calvin Quan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"New to Envysion, but Enjoying it so Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a recent hire. I was extremely hesitant after looking at the reviews online. However, I got a really great vibe from the team who interviewed me. I took a leap and accepted the offer.

I am glad I did. Here are the perks:

-Everyone is treated professionally.
    -There are regular software releases
    -Great management. I am empowered to make decisions in my role.
    -The teams are supportive
    -Minimal politics (keep in mind I came from a place that was crippled by politics, so this is just my perspective)
    -Reasonable vacation
    -401k match is coming soon
    -Lots of snacks, coffee, tea, sodas, and beer
    -Flexible work from home
    -Everyone is hardworking

Cons

Honestly, I haven't seen many.

There are things that could use improvement (software releases, prioritization), but in the short time I've been here, I've also seen them try different things to improve those issues.

-The traffic on 36 kind of sucks, but that's hardly their fault. It would be really nice if they offered some kind of toll credit or reimbursement.
    -Colorado is also so health conscience. I think this was the only place I applied to that didn't have a gym or a gym membership included.

Advice to Management

I really like working at Envysion. I think it has a very supportive culture.

Feb 22, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to Envysion! We're glad that you feel empowered to make decisions in your role and that you have a supportive team. I'm happy to report that we have recently... More

2. "Easy"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. part-time

Pros

Work on your own time, work from home

Cons

Can be time consuming, can be confusing, expectations are often switched up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Honest review"

Former Employee - IT Department
    Former Employee - IT Department

Pros

Only Pros: Great kitchen, monthly happy hours, free beer, fridge full of food. Some great employees.

Cons

Lack of leadership, change of direction every week. Still consider themselves as a start-up after 11 years, still chasing being profitable, have a hard time paying vendors, your opinion does not count unless you are C-level.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't change direction every week. Time to put your big pants on and turn the company around.

"Run - Sinking ship"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

open office environment
    flexible schedule (work from home)
    no accountability or responsibility if something fails
    Easy to job search while there. IT doesn't track usage
    Easy to get to off Hwy 36
    Above a liquor store (You'll need it)

Cons

Software doesn't really work
    Doesn't pay vendors
    Doesn't pay contractors
    Leadership aggressively looking to sell this year
    Company has yet to make a profit in 10 years
    Still calls itself a start up
    no accountability or responsibility if something fails
    open office environment(LOUD)
    Leadership is sneaky
    CTO has no emotional intelligence. Can't relate with people
    Leadership has poor communication "skills"

Advice to Management

Sell already. Everyone knows it's coming asap. Better set up retention bonus's unlike the ones you didn't give anyone else. People are looking to jump ship, now

Feb 27, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed the flexible schedule, including working from home. It is a perk that many employees enjoy. We hear your concerns, and if you would like to... More

"Worst leadership ever"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I am aware of.

Cons

The guidelines for your job are changed on you daily! There are too many trying to be leaders. Very high turnover rate.

Feb 22, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We hear your concerns and ask you to contact "hrfeedback@envysion.com" if you wish to discuss specific improvements about the clarity of job guidelines.

6. "Fun company"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

Envysion is very focused on culture and makes for a very enjoyable and flexible work environment.

Cons

Communication is sometimes lacking across the company... makes for organizational challenges

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you appreciate Envysion's flexible work environment, something that many on our team enjoy. Our monthly all staff meeting is designed to provide... More

"Why Work Here?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

If you are desperate for a job, or don't have a lot of experience, this may be a good place to get some experience.

Cons

- The industry/problem they're solving is not interesting at all.
    - Not a market leader.
    - People aren't particularly nice or passionate.
    - Awkward size company. Not a startup, not growing quickly, but not enterprise - kind of the worst of both worlds.
    - Disorganized and weird org structure.
    - People are overworked due to bad processes and tons of technical debt.

If you're talented or in a position where you can more or less choose where you want to work, don't choose Envysion.

Advice to Management

Fundamentally change what your company is.

Feb 22, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We are still a startup in some ways but are going through some exciting growth phases right now. If you would like to discuss your concerns or suggestions in more depth... More

8. "Solid company, with bright future!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great service - fun to sell. Awesome colleagues. Culture is good and getting better every day.

Cons

Not perfect (but really - that's why they call it work, right!) Recovering from many necessary changes over the past year or so.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are recovering from some changes over the years and are glad that you are aware of the improvements. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

"I should have waited for a different offer"

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

-Kitchen partially stocked with snacks/drinks/coffee.
    -Quarterly company events.
    -Monthly catered food and happy hour.
    -Free beer, if you like to drink.
    -Many great co-workers.

Cons

-Pay is low compared to similar jobs in the area.
    -No structured review/merit increase system.
    -The only opportunity for pay increases are through limited advancement opportunities.
    -Many company benefits are targeted at specific departments or are only supplied in limited quantity. Often times, this leaves many employees excluded from participation.
    -Upper management has no interest in constructive criticism.
    -Annual bonus is not prorated, but rather a cut-off date is used. Some employees get 100% of the bonus after being with the company only a few months, others have to wait over a full calendar year to get anything.
    -Health Insurance benefits are sub-par and choices are limited. Single employees with individual plans foot the lion's share of rate hikes.
    -No company match on 401k
    -No training
    -Departments often times work against each other instead of helping each other.
    -Company culture is to cut corners and sweep the mess under a rug so someone else has to deal with the aftermath later.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Your employees are the face of the company and make every part of it function. Many people here are unhappy and you need to come up with a better plan than offering more free beer if you want to keep them around. Furthermore, it is difficult to attract talent to the company when just about every other tech company in the area offers better pay and better benefits.

Promote from within. You are driving our top talent away from this company with both the stagnant wages and near-complete lack of advancement opportunities. People who have worked towards a promotion resent when an outsider is hired in above them.

Open yourselves to constructive criticism. If you want to address issues with morale, listen to the employees who aren't happy. Ignoring this does far more harm than good.

A company is only as good as the sum of ALL of its parts. If you want a company to flourish, you need to make sure all employees are taken care of, not just the top 10% of the senior management and the sales team.

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a lot of fun company perks and events such as happy hours, and quarterly events. To address your concerns about employee satisfaction, we have taken several... More

"Beware - toxic enviornment"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

some nice people work there - decent benefits

Cons

Some not so nice people work there. No training provided, no process in place. Constant state of confusion and change.

Advice to Management

Karma

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard to improve the on-boarding experience for our new employees, including more focused training across departments to help employees feel empowered and... More