Envysion, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Calvin Quan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "New to Envysion, but Enjoying it so Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a recent hire. I was extremely hesitant after looking at the reviews online. However, I got a really great vibe from the team who interviewed me. I took a leap and accepted the offer.

I am glad I did. Here are the perks:

-Everyone is treated professionally.
    -There are regular software releases
    -Great management. I am empowered to make decisions in my role.
    -The teams are supportive
    -Minimal politics (keep in mind I came from a place that was crippled by politics, so this is just my perspective)
    -Reasonable vacation
    -401k match is coming soon
    -Lots of snacks, coffee, tea, sodas, and beer
    -Flexible work from home
    -Everyone is hardworking

Cons

Honestly, I haven't seen many.

There are things that could use improvement (software releases, prioritization), but in the short time I've been here, I've also seen them try different things to improve those issues.

-The traffic on 36 kind of sucks, but that's hardly their fault. It would be really nice if they offered some kind of toll credit or reimbursement.
    -Colorado is also so health conscience. I think this was the only place I applied to that didn't have a gym or a gym membership included.

Advice to Management

I really like working at Envysion. I think it has a very supportive culture.

"Run - Sinking ship"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

open office environment
    flexible schedule (work from home)
    no accountability or responsibility if something fails
    Easy to job search while there. IT doesn't track usage
    Easy to get to off Hwy 36
    Above a liquor store (You'll need it)

Cons

Software doesn't really work
    Doesn't pay vendors
    Doesn't pay contractors
    Leadership aggressively looking to sell this year
    Company has yet to make a profit in 10 years
    Still calls itself a start up
    no accountability or responsibility if something fails
    open office environment(LOUD)
    Leadership is sneaky
    CTO has no emotional intelligence. Can't relate with people
    Leadership has poor communication "skills"

Advice to Management

Sell already. Everyone knows it's coming asap. Better set up retention bonus's unlike the ones you didn't give anyone else. People are looking to jump ship, now

"Worst leadership ever"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I am aware of.

Cons

The guidelines for your job are changed on you daily! There are too many trying to be leaders. Very high turnover rate.

4. "Fun company"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

Envysion is very focused on culture and makes for a very enjoyable and flexible work environment.

Cons

Communication is sometimes lacking across the company... makes for organizational challenges

"Why Work Here?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

If you are desperate for a job, or don't have a lot of experience, this may be a good place to get some experience.

Cons

- The industry/problem they're solving is not interesting at all.
    - Not a market leader.
    - People aren't particularly nice or passionate.
    - Awkward size company. Not a startup, not growing quickly, but not enterprise - kind of the worst of both worlds.
    - Disorganized and weird org structure.
    - People are overworked due to bad processes and tons of technical debt.

If you're talented or in a position where you can more or less choose where you want to work, don't choose Envysion.

Advice to Management

Fundamentally change what your company is.

6. "Solid company, with bright future!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great service - fun to sell. Awesome colleagues. Culture is good and getting better every day.

Cons

Not perfect (but really - that's why they call it work, right!) Recovering from many necessary changes over the past year or so.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

"I should have waited for a different offer"

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

-Kitchen partially stocked with snacks/drinks/coffee.
    -Quarterly company events.
    -Monthly catered food and happy hour.
    -Free beer, if you like to drink.
    -Many great co-workers.

Cons

-Pay is low compared to similar jobs in the area.
    -No structured review/merit increase system.
    -The only opportunity for pay increases are through limited advancement opportunities.
    -Many company benefits are targeted at specific departments or are only supplied in limited quantity. Often times, this leaves many employees excluded from participation.
    -Upper management has no interest in constructive criticism.
    -Annual bonus is not prorated, but rather a cut-off date is used. Some employees get 100% of the bonus after being with the company only a few months, others have to wait over a full calendar year to get anything.
    -Health Insurance benefits are sub-par and choices are limited. Single employees with individual plans foot the lion's share of rate hikes.
    -No company match on 401k
    -No training
    -Departments often times work against each other instead of helping each other.
    -Company culture is to cut corners and sweep the mess under a rug so someone else has to deal with the aftermath later.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Your employees are the face of the company and make every part of it function. Many people here are unhappy and you need to come up with a better plan than offering more free beer if you want to keep them around. Furthermore, it is difficult to attract talent to the company when just about every other tech company in the area offers better pay and better benefits.

Promote from within. You are driving our top talent away from this company with both the stagnant wages and near-complete lack of advancement opportunities. People who have worked towards a promotion resent when an outsider is hired in above them.

Open yourselves to constructive criticism. If you want to address issues with morale, listen to the employees who aren't happy. Ignoring this does far more harm than good.

A company is only as good as the sum of ALL of its parts. If you want a company to flourish, you need to make sure all employees are taken care of, not just the top 10% of the senior management and the sales team.

"Beware - toxic enviornment"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

some nice people work there - decent benefits

Cons

Some not so nice people work there. No training provided, no process in place. Constant state of confusion and change.

Advice to Management

Karma

"Stay away"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

The people are truly amazing to work with, but turnover rate is so high that your work friends are likely to be short lived.

Cons

There is not enough time in the day to list the cons. Management is a nightmare! Pay is below industry standard, sales sell to customers without fully understanding what they are selling and make promises without informing the rest of the team, support team is not properly trained, more money is spent on sales than tech so the product is falling behind industry standards. Customers are jumping ship. Highest turnover rate of any company I've heard of, or personally witnessed. Employees who have worked here long term are not valued, not compensated properly, and not promoted to higher positions, instead they hire externally to management positions.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with more experienced, respectable managers and you might see the company turn with improved morale.

"Very Toxic and Unprofessional Environment - STAY AWAY"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A few people there are very talented and dedicated
    -Beer Fridge
    -Mobility - able to work from office, home or co-working facility

Cons

-Most of the executives are a complete joke. One of the vice presidents is by far the worse communicator I have ever worked with at any level. Many people have left the company because of him and several others are planning on leaving due to him.
    -No management presence per department.
    -Fighting and pettiness very common between internal departments that results in work not getting done.
    -No product roadmap for 95% of their customers. The product has major limitations and there is no plan to address these issues. Current customers are leaving due to no plans on fixing issues for them.
    -CEO is very inappropriate and acts like a rookie executive. Leads by fear only and walks around very grumpy every day. Very uninspiring.
    -Turnover is very common. Many senior team members are leaving and they cannot hire fast enough to fill those positions. Most people get pretty jaded within a few months and either start to look elsewhere or become unengaged.
    -Product is sold to very untechnical fast food franchisees who don't understand even slightly technical concepts. You end up having to sell them on technology as a whole rather than concentrating on the product.

Advice to Management

Grow up! Try to realize that you are not the center of the universe and allow your team members to contribute within out taking credit for their work. If you are a VP and don't understand this, maybe it is time to reevaluate your career. You are personally destroying this company.