Envysion, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Calvin Quan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Team Lead"

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great incentives and perks. Health, dental, and vision coverage are amazing! The work is challenging and consistent.

Cons

Interdepartmental communication could be better, however it is improving.

2. "The People"

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

A lot has changed at Envysion over the last couple of years, what I can say is there are some really great people that want to be here and work hard. There is an opportunity to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

The focus is largely on the bottom line. There has been a fair amount of turnover because there hasn't been much focus on employee experience and making sure things are being done right.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of opportunity if management becomes more involved with their employees', engaging in their success, and listening to them. You have great people that want to be here, engage with them.

3. "Needed Service"

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great product that is needed in the industry, most departments have flexible work schedules, exceptional people work here!

Cons

Recent turnover should be watched.

"Good intentions - an overwhelming lack of execution"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

A number of colleagues were great to work with.

Cons

A number of colleagues were horrible to work with and the broader vision of the company - which mainly stemmed from leadership - lacked significantly.

Advice to Management

The board needs to refresh the day-to-day leadership.

5. "A company that is staring down the abyss of failure"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some people who genuinely care about the success of the company. They care how others perceive the quality of their work, and they work hard to support their colleagues. But these people are in short supply now, and it’s getting worse (fast).

Cons

The people who can turn the company around are either no longer there, or are so deflated that just the thought of the undertaking seems impossible.

Executive (so called) “leadership” is in a state of chronic cognitive dissonance and they make working painful for everyone across all functions. They are unapologetic gatekeepers who guard information as a source of power. They lack personal accountability and are masters at shifting blame to others. They take credit for other’s people work, but will be the first to throw someone under the bus to release their liability.

Many people (especially some of the executives) work too remotely…it makes it hard to get anything done.

It’s a culture of constant meetings. Unfortunately, it’s rare for any plans of action to come out of these meetings. This leads to a significant lack of accountability (another chronic problem). I don’t see this changing.

Advice to Management

Minimize the collateral damage caused by your lack of leadership.

"Heartless"

Former Employee - Lead Deployment Manager in Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Lead Deployment Manager in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on my team were awesome to work with.

Cons

I'd like to start by saying that I turned down a separation agreement in order to be able to write this review. Hush money to keep people from writing negative reviews. It even specifically calls out Glassdoor. I turned down real dollars in order to be able to write this review and inform any potential employees of what Envysion is willing to do to its employees.

I was laid off from Envysion. That in and of itself can be expected, but I was laid off 3 weeks before I was due to have a child. Envysion knew this. I made my FMLA protected leave request months in advance. I even followed up with the new HR team since the entire old HR team quit. When laid off from Envysion, health benefits end at the end of the month you are terminated. My child was due 5 days after my benefits ended. Fortunately there is COBRA. Unfortunately, COBRA takes 6-8 weeks to take effect. It is retroactive, but in the meantime I now have an atrocious hospital bill, prescriptions are not being filled because they don't think I have insurance, I have doctor's appointments for my newborn that I am now having to pay for in full up front because it shows I don't have insurance. Thousands upon thousands of dollars needing to be spent out of pocket to ensure the latest addition to my family stays healthy. All this in addition to the mortgage, utilities, and food that needs to be put on the table.

This is what Envysion is willing to do to one of its employees. My personal opinion is that if they are willing to do what they did to me, they genuinely do not care about any employee. Despite the claims of work life balance, "culture", and saying they care about employees because they have a beer fridge, their actions show quite clearly that is not the case. The corporation mentality in which employees are numbers is abundantly clear. In a company with less than 200 people.

I'll also mention the cash flow problems, the horrendous politics, the sexual harassment allegations that don't get addressed, the sudden lack of communication by upper management, the astounding lack of understanding by the leadership team of how the product works are all red flags as well.

Please think long and hard about working for this company before you do.

Advice to Management

Please start understanding that your employees are people and have some compassion first and foremost. The rest can fall into place.

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

I'm at a loss....I would say the people, but the people who really care about doing the right thing for the company and its customers have left or are leaving.

Cons

First off— let me start by saying if you’re looking for a company that will respect you as a human—Envysion is not that company. The Executive team runs this place with their own selfish, ego-driven agenda: they don't respect anyone below the VP/Sr. Director level. The turnover is extraordinarily high for a reason— they burn people out, run people out, or push people out (recent events include the entire HR and Marketing teams quitting). The new HR team is not interested in protecting the people— they are just a tool for the executive team. Morale is incredibly low and palpable. There is no long-term strategy there: it changes with each calendar month. The CEO doesn’t appear interested in the long-term health of the company— he’s only interested in his legacy and having a quarterly story to tell the board.

This place is truly toxic. There is no changing it, unless, of course, the entire executive team is replaced.

Advice to Management

It's not them, it's you: stop pointing fingers and take a good long look in the mirror.

"So stressful"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the co workers are great, others are immature and get away with unprofessional behavior

Cons

Once you prove you can handle your workload they ask for more... never consistency on any of the teams. Communication is horrible, but meetings are endless. Everyone that has been there for a longer period of time has a “not my job” mentality and won’t help where needed. Feedback is frowned upon and then you get ridiculed. Senior management especially wants NO constructive criticism, because they are untouchable. People are leaving left and right because this ship is sinking!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, hire support staff for the departments that can’t keep up! Invest in the integrations and the people that want to make a difference.

"Management Lacks Clear Vision and #MeToo Problems"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

There are some wonderful people who work here and made me look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

From a C-level executive perspective, there is no clear direction for the company beyond "make more sales". There is no strategic or targeted plan for achieving this goal.

The web interface is comically dated and with software releases, there are often fires that have to be put out with incidents. This makes it very hard to maintain good customer relationships.

It is difficult to be a woman at this company. Though there is a policy on dating at the workplace, no one has read it and it is not enforced. The men in the office seem to think that it is totally fine to make inappropriate comments about women's bodies, flirt, touch, or continuously ask them out. This is particularly bad in the CSM and support groups (the groups are colocated and maybe they rub off on one another?) If a woman is of a certain age, the problem changes, then she is not taken seriously as a professional in meetings or her competence is challenged.

Advice to Management

Address the culture towards women. Invest in the product with some kind of real strategy.

"Do not suggest working here!!"

Former Employee - Tier I CSC in Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Tier I CSC in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy a brew after 3pm, you can have one at the office. They supplied snacks and soda.

Cons

They are a growing company in a small industry. If you want structure, accountability, common sense and a good work ethic...this is not your place!! They say it’s Tech Support...but we’re labeled to the market as customer service reps!! They will say you get paid competitive for Tier 1, but it’s Customer Service Tier 1!! They don’t want to label it Tier 1 Technical Support because they care more about having fun, messing around and none of what I said above!! TheTier 1 is more like a Tier 2, and the Tier 2 is more like a Tier 3, but all miss labeled, under paid and a free for all!!! They are trying to do this Tier 0 crap, so they can keep getting away with miss labeling the Tiers, and under paying employees!! If you can deal with all this, this is a place for you.

The snacks are not that healthy, and never new healthy entailed soda and sugar.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable, stop thinking that initial contacts are all that matters, and put structure in place!!