Epic Games Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
83% would recommend to a friend
(27 total reviews)
86% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours and can be stressful" (in 12 reviews)
- "Senior leadership graded heavily on managing up versus doing their job." (in 12 reviews)
- "Upper management is great, while management on individual game teams can be chaotic and unorganized." (in 8 reviews)
- "Management in cloud services is awful." (in 6 reviews)
- "Immoral managers, toxic environment, mobbing, run by incompetent high school dropouts." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Epic Games and is not affected by filters.
Found 27 of over 451 reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Sep 18, 2023Software Engineer InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 year
-Work Life Balance -Great to Employees -Work is very interesting -Meet a lot of cool people!
-Not a lot of documentation -You're gonna have to try and figure things out by Trial and Error
- 5.0Aug 14, 2022Technical DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearStockholm, Stockholm
Excellent compensation levels Good work/life balance Generous time off
Hard to get ideas heard until you hve the right connections
- 2.0Dec 12, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Good compensation, bonus and benfits
Chief People Officer doesn’t believe in work life balance and thinks the cost of living crisis is irrelevant. Managers are poor Awful company comms DEI is an afterthought.
- 5.0Aug 9, 2022Game DesignerFormer Contractor
The people are great at Epic. Everyone was super nice and helpful in showing me how to get started. Work life balance was great most of the time with Epic giving everyone every other Friday off with pay. Epic is also very generous with their bonuses and gifts even for the contract employees.
Once in awhile I would be asked to come into work during an off Friday and sometimes on Saturday too.
- 4.0Apr 22, 2019Senior EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
For me, the work was a lot of fun. Working on UE3, UE4, and the company’s games was a career highlight
Perks outside HQ were limited. Work/Life balance was at times difficult to manage
- 5.0Mar 29, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Work life balance has gotten better in recent years - Pay/Benefits are amazing - Politics that plague a lot of other studios don't seem to be as prevalent here - Diversity and Inclusion efforts have improved substantially since the pandemic
- Frequent shifts and changes in strategy and direction can be disorienting - Work-life balance appears to have improved for many, but not for everyone.
- 3.0Oct 13, 2023Production AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCary, NC
Epic offers great benefits and had a massive amount extremely talented people working there.
While they claim work/life balance is important it is impossible to have a healthy work/life balance without falling behind.