Epic Pharma Reviews | Glassdoor

Epic Pharma Reviews

3.3
Ashok Nigalaye

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Learn to be a Jack of All (Pharma) Trades"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Laurelton, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Laurelton, NY

I have been working at Epic Pharma full-time

Pros

You will have as much work and responsibility as you ask for working at Epic.
    If you want to learn more about the Pharmaceutical industry you can get a lot out of your time with this company.

Cons

There will always be people who do more work than others in any company- at Epic, there are occasionally people who take advantage of administrative loyalties and friendships. Additionally, you may not get recognized for what you do on every level. However, if you look at your job as an opportunity to work hard and learn more about different departments and what they do, and you have the right manager/director, working at Epic can be rewarding.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to look beyond peoples' job titles and get to learn how hard some people really do work at Epic. I think it would be a pleasant surprise.

"you can learn a lot as a college graduate!"

Former Employee - Analytical Chemist in Laurelton, NY
    Former Employee - Analytical Chemist in Laurelton, NY

I worked at Epic Pharma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I consider the company is a first step getting into pharmaceutical industry, you can have broad experience in drug manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
    - location of the firm is really great, on boarder of NYC and Long Island, very convenient commute even you live in the city.

Cons

- Compensation isn't competitive enough for people to stay.
    - fast-paced environment and not much training for new employees. you need to learn on your own, and from "good" colleague.
    - not enough moving potentials

3. "I generally enjoyed working for this company, except for the long commute."

Former Employee - Supervisor of Laboratory Compliance in Laurelton, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor of Laboratory Compliance in Laurelton, NY

Pros

Epic Pharma is a small company, so I got to meet most of the people there. There was not the constant performance reviews that you find at larger companies. Also, there was not the huge bureaucracy that you find at larger companies.

Cons

In my case I lived very far from my work place, so I wasted too much time traveling. The company had a quality control group and a Research and Development group. The company only manufactured generic drugs which limited its R and D.

Advice to Management

Provide counseling for people who have psychological problems. This should be available near where the person lives and should not affect their employment. I think I had some problems which I am now working out with a therapist. I should have gotten counseling for these problems years ago.

4. "Needs improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurelton, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laurelton, NY

Pros

Employees, with the right leadership work as a team to get the job done and are like a family.

Cons

Senior leadership needs a cohesive vision and mission.

5. "A Good Company in which to Learn about the Industry"

Current Employee - Quality
    Current Employee - Quality

I have been working at Epic Pharma full-time

Pros

The location is extremely convenient, with mass transit (LIRR) only minutes from the site.

The building, while older, is faithfully kept up to industry standards.

There are people at this company who put so much in to their jobs, one can be proud to work hard for them, as well. Epic has very high standards for their end results as well as a non-bureaucratic staff, both of which allow inclined employees to learn a great deal about the business and contribute to the betterment of the company. Its a great place to learn a great deal about the industry.

Cons

The diligent work ethic shared by many is not universal, and many people must work that much harder because of the employees who coast along, confident that coworkers will pick up the slack and ensure that the work is completed to standards. Fortunately for the company, they do exactly that.

Advice to Management

Regular performance evaluations and establishing informative communications between the highest levels to the workers themselves would help better differentiate asset employees and make those who work the hardest feel much more appreciated.

6. "Professionally managed company, employees are mostly overworked and underpaid"

I have been working at Epic Pharma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional work environment, stable employment

Cons

employees are mostly overworked and underpaid

Advice to Management

promotions and more incentives and benefits should be offered