KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Epic

Engaged Employer

Epic

Add a Review

Epic Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 26, 2021

Found 264 of over 4,319 reviews

3.2
Epic Founder and  CEO Judith R. Faulkner
Judith R. Faulkner
2,395 Ratings

What people are saying about Epic

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good for the typical age of the Epic employee (more on that in a bit)(in 431 reviews)
  • "The people I work with are great and are one of my favorite parts of the job.(in 372 reviews)
  • "great benefits and challenging(in 348 reviews)
  • "big and beautiful campus(in 339 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and very food food at the office(in 315 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Epic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

You are replaceable

Jul 20, 2020 - Software Developer in Verona, WI
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great pay right out of college. - Health insurance is amazing. - Low level coworkers are great people. - Products and projects have a measurable real world impact.

Cons

- Recruiting will outright lie to you during the hiring process. This is especially true for developers because they don't want to have to explain about the languages we actually use. Instead we internally created a whole new language framework which we don't really use just so Recruiting could say that we use Typescript across the entire stack to potential new hires. - Unending critical projects get dumped on development because Sales constantly over-commits. - Upper management is completely tone deaf and unwilling to hear any criticism or feedback for company policy. Current response to any feedback / criticism is 'please support'. - Below industry average vacation benefits. Yes, Sabbatical can shift the weight on this calculation, but no one tells you that Sabbaticals are not guaranteed and can be denied. I've had several friends get to the tenure for their Sabbatical only to be denied. - No respect or valuation of experience. Almost all employees are treated as replaceable cogs. We've lost decades of experience for easily avoidable reasons. - Bonus / Raise / Stock options are completely black box and do not account for customer facing work that is outside of your typical role. You are encouraged to grow and take on new opportunities but are not rewarded for doing so. The metrics which you are judged by are kept secret. - Anti worker policies and actions. (supreme court case), secret backdoor non-compete agreements with other companies to extend your non-compete length regardless of what non-compete agreement you actually signed in your contract. - Very difficult to strike a good work/life balance, especially for new grads right out of college and Epic takes advantage of that. - Shifting to a different developer position at another company is difficult due to the tech stack we work with. Getting out of healthcare is difficult, and staying in healthcare is complicated by an extremely long non-compete.

Continue reading