Epicor Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Epicor Software President and CEO Joseph L. Cowan
Joseph L. Cowan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Work/Life balance with some positions with work from home facility (in 42 reviews)

• We have a well organized work environment for every department (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • The continual change in upper management/company direction and structure (in 24 reviews)

• needed to take care of work life balance (in 9 reviews)

"Satisfied to the nth degree."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I truly enjoy the opportunities for career advancement and the fact that this company is growing dispite the rough economy. I would say that this is the best place that I have worked in my life. Caring and understanding management. Fair and equal treatment. Just perfect.

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is that I dont get to travel as much as I would like. That will change, and I am not in a big hurry to live out of a suitcase.

Advice to Management

I would say that the only thing that senior management needs to do is to be more proactive and less reactive to changes in the dynamics of the market. They always seem to be one step behind the curve...eventhough, our product is one step ahead of the that curve.

"Fast paced, driven company"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Yardley, PA

Pros

Excellent leadership, Diverse knowledge, and Driven

Cons

No real cons but would like to see more communication trickle down from the top.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"A solid, growing company with long-term potential."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From a salesperson's perspective, Epicor lived up to what they said they would do. In sales, that can be rare. Company politics and mismanagement usually effect the sales team negatively. But in this case, they got it right.

Cons

They need to do a better job with marketing, particularly with large, strategic accounts. Like many organizations, the marketing and sales departments are not always sync. Things are slowly getting better but there is plenty of room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Expand your markets and improve relations between sales and marketing.

4. "Exceeded my expectations!!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Epicor management team has been fantastic. They allow you to work with a great degree of independence yet provide support as needed. As long as you are preforming, i.e. making sales and/or hitting KPI's and following process you are not micromanaged If you tend to be self directed and rely on your creativity to be successful than Epicor is a great fit.

Cons

If your style doesn't map to a self-directed approach to sales than you might find it a bit difficult at Epicor. The management allows you to work independently but if you are successful in that environment than you might end up in trouble. They give you enough rope but if you cant work that way you might find that you are given enough rope to hang yourself.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the support and assistance while letting us get the job done. I like that process and paperwork don't get in the way of doing our job, keep it up.

"FT BDR Role Far Different than PT Call Center BDR Role - Excellent Opportunity"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Epicor Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to begin a career in sales, fun atmosphere with excellent managers who care about your development, effort and results are rewarded with promotions while providing lots of opportunities for career advancement, DONT let the reviews from former Part time Call Center BDRs discourage you from the professional Full Time Salary BDRs. Night and Day.

Cons

Some of the work can be tedious; however, if you put in the work it's extremely apparent opportunities for promotion are everywhere

Advice to Management

Continue to coach performance and reward the performance with promotions.

6. "Growing and Exciting!"

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere - a lot of great people working together and it shows in the final product! People stand behind what they say and provide great service and assistance to our current and potential customers. As the company continues to grow, so do other opportunities within the company. Managers and leadership is willing to listen to your feedback - your opinion is valued here.

Now is a great time to join Epicor as we continue to grow!

Cons

This is the best company I have worked far thus far in my career

7. "Wonderful team and great place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel a close connection with everyone on my team. Lots of companies claim to have a family atmosphere, but I really feel it is true with Epicor. The compensation is excellent and I have a flexible schedule, due to travel. Great personal health program integrated with benefits so I can gain rewards just by working out like I normally would. The management team has also showed a lot of concern for my thoughts as a new employee coming from the industry we serve. I've even had a few calls with our divisions GM just so he could hear what I think. I really love working for this company!

Cons

My team is somewhat segmented, but I think it's really just the nature of our jobs. We travel to clients a good deal and have different schedules, so it can be difficult to sync up. We do have events throughout the year to meet though.

Advice to Management

I think we're headed in the right direction. I do feel that we could benefit from a more streamlined onboarding process though. It was somewhat difficult to get my footing when I started.

"A very good company with above average benefits, room to improve and leadership that wants to improve the organization."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Benefits (health care, paid time off)
    * Autonomy
    * Ability to work remotely
    * Opportunity to advance if you're looking globaly
    * Opportunities to travel
    * Mid-managers are empowered to manage their team
    * Ability to reach out to key decision makers
    * Fun environment
    * Agile for such a large organization in terms of decision making

Cons

* Needs more visilbity in terms of a career path
    * Compensation is good, but competitors have Epicor beat in several positions
    * Onboarding process is not clearly defined
    * Company issued laptop didn't have all the software I need to do my job
    * Large company, and some communications that I needed to hear never reached me until after new policies were put into place.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to engage with employees to ensure that everyone is being heard. Survey some employees BEFORE big changes are made, and then make sure everyone knows you did.

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Technical Training Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Training Specialist in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with. They are customer driven and are very motivated to have a happy customer or supplier. I really enjoy that about the company as a whole. While they are driven for the bottom line, it is not at the overall customer's expense.
    I am a re-hire here at Epicor (formerly an Activant employee), and i see that there are a lot of good employees that are still employeed at Epicor. They are the good employees that i know are customer focused and extremely knowledgable.
    Everyone i've talked with is willing to help me learn my new job.
    This company spans several business types - from mom & pop retail-type stores, to larger retail chains and on to Warehousing, and Health Care. Good opportunities are available.

Cons

I have not noticed any to date.

Advice to Management

Note at this time.

"Supportive, Challenging, Rewarding"

Current Employee - Product Marketing
    Current Employee - Product Marketing

I have been working at Epicor Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best reason for me. I took on a role that had not be filled for a little over a year so there is still a great deal of backlog. The people I work with have been very supportive in terms of their understanding, willingness to help, and guidance, I really look forward to the growth possibilities once the backlog is fulfilled.

Cons

Like with many ERP companies who have gone through mergers and acquisitions over the past decade, Epicor is still working to bring the best of processes from previous organizations. I believe with the focus at the executive level we will have this under control over the next six months.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to merging the processes and cultures of prior organizations as well as best practices from outside of Epicor.