Epitec Reviews in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • plus there is ALWAYS free food and you get to work with an exceptional team :) (in 25 reviews)

• Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• The only two Account Managers in Addison were let go (in 14 reviews)

"Not fake, this is very real"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is awesome. I can promise you, nobody asked me to write this review. I am writing this review because I want to attract future coworkers and recruiters with strong work ethics that come in willing and eager to make an impact with out clients. This is a company that truly cares about its employees and provides the tools (LinkedIn, dice, indeed postings and next level technology) to get the job done. Beyond the tools Epitec provides the support, training, and coaching to master the recruiting job.

Cons

Every so often a weak person will slip through the interview process and end up in a seat next to me. But this has been less lately. Myself and others have noticed a clear difference in the quality of new hires. People I like to associate myself with and work with.

Advice to Management

Continue to hone the quality gates for internal hires. I want to work with the best people out there. Don't let the weak ones weasel their way into this office (or the one in TX)

2. "Decent assignments"

Former Contractor - Contract Developer in Detroit, MI
    Former Contractor - Contract Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Epitec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked 2 short-term assignments. They placed me a second time based on first experience.

Cons

Since it was longer than 6 weeks between assignments, I had been removed from their system. In both cases my first paycheck was wrong.

Advice to Management

Hopefully, by now, your back office capabilities have improved.

3. "EPITEC review - Contractor but Family"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

Pros

The salary is competitive, they are involved in community events, and they have a polite and responsive HR team if you have any issues they can assist with. They contribute to your 401K which is nice and offer a decent Health Care package although you may able to find a better deal on your own. Vacation package option is nice to have.
    I am most impressed with how they understand their contractors are the reason they are in business so they treat us with respect; you truly feel like you belong to a company.

Cons

The cost for getting insurance through them I feel is high, too much taken from your base salary if you want to get it through work thus having the cost come right out of your check rather than having another bill to deal with if you have to go out on your own.

Advice to Management

Consider figuring out a way to offer Health Care through your company without taking such a large chunk from base salary. There should also be some sort of plan to allow your people to receive a cost of living raise every so often. This will keep your workers content in remaining a contractor with you rather than looking for the next opportunity so they can keep up with inflation. It will also make them feel appreciated for long, quality service.

5. "Epitec is a very professional company with great insight into their customers and supporting lines of business."

Current Contractor - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Contractor - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

very organized, provides great tools and connections to get work done, innovative leader

Cons

Being a contractor is a challenge as it relates to benefits and cost of said benefits but this is expected. Would be a better experience if Epitec matched the holidays of the company their employees work onsite at.

Advice to Management

Would like to have better benefits package with less cost impacts. To attract the best companies need to provide the best benefits. Myself my costs are so high I am always on the look out for full time positions.

6. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

State of the art office. Free lunches on a regular basis. Ability to grow within the company between accounts and responsibilities. Opportunity to get out in the field to meet candidates, employees, and customers. Earning potential is very high for those who enjoy the work and put fourth the effort.

Cons

Recruiting is a tough job. You have to be able to deal with rejection daily. The customer and management expectations are high which requires hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the MUSCLE recruiting process. Your people are what sets you apart.

"Bad benefits, low wage and not keep promise"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter is nice and helpful. HR always response quickly.

Cons

Poor benefits. Everything is costly, like paid holidays(2 dollars off hourly pay). No sick day off. Expensive medical plan, written in semi monthly cost. Should have everything written in the contract when getting hired! Promise to ask for the hiring company for money to cover the application of working visa for international employee. Turn out to be you should have put down at least 4 dollars of your hourly pay to ask us you apply the working visa for you when it's about the time to start apply. Have to miss this year and apply next year and take the risk of only one time lottery in H1B CAP. Don't care employee's royalty at all, too mean to money. Get lower paid, less (no) benefit, less care than colleagues from other contract company. Choose a another one if you can.

"Very professional"

Former Contractor - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Contractor - IT Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Epitec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

More time checking on contract staff and issues or placement concerns

9. "Internal Delivery"

Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Delivery in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is one that allows an individual to come in at the bottom and increase responsibilities very quickly. Always opportunity for a recruiter or account manager to step up and get recognized for their actions.

Cons

The stigma of very high turnover. No company would want to keep an employee around that is lazy, unhappy, lacks work ethic, or doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Epitec is a company that will be around for a long time to come, and has the ability to become a national powerhouse in the staffing world.

10. "Good things and Areas for Improvement"

Current Contractor - Business Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Contractor - Business Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy, online e-signing of paperwork.
    -Kudos program for contractors who are recognized on their assignment.
    -HR is very responsive to questions.
    -I was taken out for an introductory lunch which was a nice touch.
    -Event outings and family event outings are offered and well advertised.
    -Referral bonus offered and is generous.
    -Welcome, birthday and annviersary cards are encouraging and help you feel like you aren't just a number or dollar sign for the company.

Cons

-Both of the recruiters that I worked with at the beginning are gone and I don't know who to go to other than HR if I have an issue to discuss.
    -The dental and eye insurance are affordable but the medical is very expensive for contractors. I've had to shop for insurance myself and its hard when you have a pre existing condition.
    -The only way to get holiday pay is to agree to make less money an hour.

Advice to Management

-Find more affordable health care options for contractors.
    -Find a way to give some paid vacation time to contractors. I've worked for temp agecies in the past and they would give a week's vacation to employees that worked a certain amount of hours. Something like that would be nice and keep contractors coming back.
    -Make sure there is a back-up person to keep in contact with contractors if their original reruiter quits or gets fired (which seems to happen a lot from what I've seen from other reviews). I had to find out from LinkedIn that my original recruiter was gone and with another company and same with the second recruiter I spoke to.

Overall my experience with Epitec has been a good one. I was able to tell when my last recruiter was getting ready to leave because level of service diminished but I also remember being in my early 20's and I know how it goes. HR does a great job following out and is very helpful. If Epitec could improve on any of the items that I list as Cons I would be an extremely happy employee.

"Epitec is the BEST!"

Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for this company has enhanced my career in major ways and I really appreciate all the hard work the company puts into making sure their employees are well taken care of and satisfied with the work that they do. Work ethics are great, pay is great, it's just like one big happy family!

Cons

I have no issues with the way this company does business and supports their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful work. Epitec is a really great company!