Epitec Recruiter/Genius Finder Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of free food and a great company culture (in 27 reviews)

• Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• If you aren't making your numbers, you are usually let go (in 16 reviews)

1. "Good first job but has a high turnover and high stress environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Addison, TX

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, nice office, great technology and working conditions. Corporate attempts to be as involved with Dallas branch. Training is also thorough

Cons

High turnover rate, stressful goals to reach, not much assistance from management, and not enough base salary for the position

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Addison, TX

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, seemed like a great and productive place to work in the Addison office. Interview process was very inviting and comfortable, made me seem like I belonged. Was overjoyed when I was extended an offer, because I was such a good fit for the company.

Cons

Was excited to get started and learn about the company and grow as a recruiter. On my second day, I was brought into the conference room and unceremoniously let go. When I asked why, they said, "We no longer think it's a good fit." I asked for further detail or if there was something I could do to change their opinion, and the manager's reply was, "You know, in situations like this, I don't really like to get into it, sooo I'm not going to get into it" and then stared at me, not allowing me to get my belongings until I signed the termination paperwork. I asked the HR department for the reason behind my termination for my personnel file and unemployment claim, and she refused to provide an answer as well. Then when payday came around, I received an email saying that they refused to pay me for the days I was there and still have not received my pay six months later. I was super excited about this company and ended up heartbroken having left a good position elsewhere. Don't waste your time here. They will truly disappoint you.

Epitec Response

Jun 5, 2017 – COO

Please contact me immediately regarding your pay. Epitec has many safeguards and electronic guardrails in its payroll processes that ensure pay on time and accurately. A timely and accurate check is... More

"Run far away!"

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of anything except free coffee.

Cons

The environment, lack of professional management, they fire people every week right before their bonus is to be paid out. Might not even get your last paycheck. Good luck if you have excepted am offer here.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Pay people properly or they will report you. What you are doing is not legal.

Epitec Response

Jun 20, 2016 – COO

I also enjoy the free coffee. Our environment is conducive to work. Winning takes persistence, dedication and refusing to fail no matter the odds. In order to be successful at Epitec you must have a... More

"Not fake, this is very real"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is awesome. I can promise you, nobody asked me to write this review. I am writing this review because I want to attract future coworkers and recruiters with strong work ethics that come in willing and eager to make an impact with out clients. This is a company that truly cares about its employees and provides the tools (LinkedIn, dice, indeed postings and next level technology) to get the job done. Beyond the tools Epitec provides the support, training, and coaching to master the recruiting job.

Cons

Every so often a weak person will slip through the interview process and end up in a seat next to me. But this has been less lately. Myself and others have noticed a clear difference in the quality of new hires. People I like to associate myself with and work with.

Advice to Management

Continue to hone the quality gates for internal hires. I want to work with the best people out there. Don't let the weak ones weasel their way into this office (or the one in TX)

"Great Environment & Great Culture!"

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Epitec for a number of months now and I absolutely love it! I was an experienced recruiter with management experience and have been in the industry for over 4 years before I joined this team. The culture is second to none. There is Yoga every Tuesday and Thursday after work, Pasta/Chili cook-offs, and great incentives/fun incentives. The other employees are helpful and friendly. If you are ready to work hard, grow, and develop, you will enjoy Epitec’s structure. Like every other sales related job there are goals to meet, but don’t worry there is plenty of support. This is truly a job that you get out what you put into it!

Cons

Nothing major, I enjoy working here!!

"You aren't desperate enough for this"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good general office and professional training. You learn how to survive, which will you do good when you get an actual career with a reputable company. Decent office, but it's all smoke and mirrors. Think The Picture of Dorian Grey. Technology is the tops.

Cons

Not a good starting point to grow into an HR Career; recruiters here will never be considered for positions outside of sales. Those who are promoted in Delivery Lead and Sales Managers positions are the few who were able to not get fired within 3 months, not necessarily people who are qualified for management (prepare to be belittled and offered no support). Somehow non-competes are still legal in MI, although very hard to enforce. However, it's a good scare tactic and most people don't want to move onto to another staffing company. Work/life balance is non-existent. Work/life means being able to go home and enjoy your time outside of work, not being required (as an entry level associate) to respond to emails after 5:00. It also means being able to use vacation time without fearing your job will be gone when you return. If you even make it to that point. No corporate values.

Advice to Management

I don't have any. Keep doin' you, and may the economy continue to improve so employers no longer need staffing companies. Long live bankruptcy.

"If I could I would give a zero star rating"

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Peers are very nice.
    Free? food

Cons

Too much favoritism based on popularity not merit.
    COO
    Management uses foul language often
    No job security
    Food is not really free, they just underpay and overwork you.
    UNETHICAL

Advice to Management

Take an Ethics course, I have witnessed people get demoted/fired/etc for race, religion, family.
    Learn how to manage and stop pretending like this is high school.
    I will quit as soon as I get a chance.
    These people are ruining lives and the company.

"Read these reviews"

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the "positive reviews" are lies and are actually written by upper management to try and balance all of the true reviews...which are all the negative ones

Cons

Whatever you do, don't work for this pathetic excuse of a company. They underpay, overwork, demoralize, and try and scare you. They basically fire everyone and if you quit they will more than likely try and sue you. If you are a recent grad and want to get into this field, do yourself a favor and read these reviews and find a better company that will pay you more than 30k a year...you could work at mcdonalds and make that much...think about it.

Advice to Management

Please somehow go bankrupt, get in legal trouble, or burn to the ground so everyone's lives can get better

9. "Great people, nice office, hard work"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company genuinely wants to help you succeed, but you have to want to as well. They take the time out to train their new employees and have an experienced manager available during training to answer any and all questions. After training you are place on a team where everyone wants you to do well as this reflects on the teams account manager. They make sure you are understanding what you are working on and check in to make sure you are doing well. The system they put in place works well, and there is wonderful incentive programs to keep you motivated. Plus there is frequently free food, and beer breaks, as well as some company outings and a great holiday party.

Cons

There is a high turnover rate. Recruiting is not for everyone, if you are not able to do the job they will not keep you around. As for people quitting it is similar, they do not enjoy recruiting. Most of the new hires are fresh out of college and for a lot of them it is the first experience in an office environment working these type of hours.

Advice to Management

Dress code is pretty strict for those who sit at a desk all day, a more relaxed dress code could be nice considering most of us do not own too much business attire. Also maybe consider having a few more personal days available. Other than that keep up the great attitudes, and don't stop with the free food and beer breaks ;P

"Placing recruiters last"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

Pros

•Great incentives and bonuses. Chance to make $300 extra per month easily plus monthly incentives and quarterly bonuses for top recruiters.

•Awesome equipment, up to date computers, software, phones, etc and a great IT department.

•Free food for company meetings, anniversaries, parties, working late, etc.

•Awesome co-workers but sadly you see them get fired or quit.

Cons

Epitec is a very good place to break into the recruiting industry but be warned it has a very toxic corporate environment and a bad work/life balance. You are connected via email 24/7 for candidates, clients, and managers and you are expected to work from 8-5 everyday with no flexibility even though you are a salary employee. The company morale is horrible because they have such a high turn over rate. In one year they fired an average of 80-100 recruiters. They are a revolving door with New training classes every couple of weeks with about 5-10 unsuspecting victims in each class. Some of them won't make it out of training the rest will be fired within 1-10 months. Those that don't get fired end up leaving because there is never a day you don't feel like your heads on the chopping block, even if your doing good!!! Seniority won't even save you, management doesn't even take the time to learn employees names because they have so many people coming and going. Your only chance at lasting is making an effort for them to know who are are right out of training. Epitec has been “restructuring” for about a month now so micromanaging is at an all time high and no one feels like they are doing a good job. Recruiting isn't hard, Epitec has top of the line equipment which makes it easy and they do business with major clients in the Detroit area. If you don't like calling people and bugging them this job isn't for you. If you accept a position with this company expect to come dressed to impress every single day even if your just sitting in the office all day. You have to take initiative, pick up the phone, and sell a job that might not be that good of an opportunity. You will pressure and sell candidates on open opportunities so you can submit their resume and make your goal to get your bonuses. Sometimes you will question what is right and wrong when you are discriminating against potential employees based on age, race, gender, personality, appearance, and more because it's what the customer wants. It begins to wear on you after awhile because you develop a relationship with your candidates and genuinely want to help them find employment.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and Offer flex time so your employees don't burn out

Start investing in your employees rather than firing EVERYONE and take the time to get to know employees before firing them

Rather than micromanaging offer encouragement to employees

Physically tell employees they are doing a good job, don't just send an email