Epsilon Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Epsilon Chief Executive Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Used to be a place where you might get paid a bit less than competitors but had great work life balance in exchange (in 51 reviews)

• There also seemed to be a lot of arbitrary constraining decisions from upper management that adversely impacted delivery time and final product quality (in 28 reviews)

"Epsilon Excelence"

Current Employee - ACD in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - ACD in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment, good benefits and the opportunity to purchase stock at a fair discount price. There is also a nice work/home balance.

Cons

If someone wants to transfer from one team to another its not as easy as they make out to be, the same goes with office location transfers.

Advice to Management

Be open with employees about upcoming drastic changes i.e. layoffs, so people can be ready and prepare them selves for other opportunities.

2. "Great"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mostly good to their employees

Cons

The company is too big. Get lost in the shuffle.

"Getting better and better..."

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great leadership, great culture. Lot's of growth in agency and mojo has definitely shifted for the better.

Cons

Agency perceived as a data company presents challenges but leaders are doing a great job selling off data pedigree.

Epsilon Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Epsilon

We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are very glad to hear that you feel Epsilon provides a dynamic and exciting work environment. We wish... More

"Very talented group of people, very poor upper management"

Former Employee - Creative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Creative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with day to day, employee benefits and overall company perks. Company culture varies from group to group and office location.

Cons

Work life balance. Long hours and weekends are the "norm" because of poor upper management and managing client expectations. Consistent and unreasonable time constraints result in poor work being delivered.

Advice to Management

Work with the people who do the day to day work and better manage client expectations.

"Account supervisor"

Former Employee - Account Manager Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, opportunity for growth, strong colleagues & good mentoring. Beautiful downtown office. Opportunities to work on challenging assignments.

Cons

Internal shifts in communication and department oversight. West Chicago office is similar to a dungeon. Departments are very siloed. Not always family friendly.

"Working for Epsilon"

Former Employee - AAE in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - AAE in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of the company is awesome. Everyone there is always super nice and always ready to help you whenever you need it. Epsilon offers a lot of great opportunities for those that want it.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative working for Epsilon

Advice to Management

I suggest they continue to keep hiring young students. A company needs fresh ideas in order to keep growing.

"Epsilon"

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Unlimited time off.

Cons

Hard to move around in the company. Very siloed.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with great benefits.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time.

"Creative leadership in the way of their own team growth"

Former Employee - Creative Design Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Creative Design Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Snacks, nice building, medical, dental, 401k, close to train, close to park, close to other agencies (who also have all the beforementioned) for when you start interviewing again.

Cons

Marketing can be a rough business. But if you're lucky you'll find a great marketing company with a creative leadership team that will stay current of where the business is going, foster creativity, give constructive critique of work and lay a clear path for professional advancement. Epsilon Chicago is not that place.

Via the use of abusive treatment, witch hunting, bullying, favoritism they keep their talented and underutilized creatives stunted and believing there isn't growth outside their walls.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees with respect. They are all adults.

Epsilon Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We strive to create an exciting, comfortable and inclusive workplace for our associates. We have recently implemented programs to ensure both our managers and our... More

"All-in-all it's ok"

Former Employee - Strategic Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Strategic Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Epsilon's agency services "subsidiary", and the place was crawling with talented people. Almost all senior leaders came from "big name" ad agencies and the strategy for most campaigns were quite sound. The businesses we were pitching for were fortune 500 companies and were all top notch

Work/life balance was pretty good as well. I never stayed in the office past 6 pm, besides days or weeks where there was a big presentation or meeting.

Office culture was pretty good too - the Monroe office has a large agency feel but a small office vibe.

Cons

One big con is that at its heart, Epsilon is a data company. When pitching new agency business, it seems to me like the company doesn't actually care about winning it, as long as some Epsilon data is sold.

One other thing I had an issue with is that my direct manager didn't seem to know how to manage, especially someone with years of experience. I never had a talk about career paths, promotions, or any of the sort while I was there. I came in as manager level but was treated like an entry level employee.

There's also no clarity on job titles. My role was changed a few months before I left to carry more responsibility but for some reason, there was no shift in salary

Advice to Management

Agency services needs its own identity. Split it off from the Epsilon name. To my former direct manager - it's ok to do a "hands-off" approach when "managing"