Epsilon Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epsilon Chief Executive Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • All these play a role in the great work/life balance Epsilon offers as well (in 68 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home when my children sick (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • At times work life balance is not in balance (in 44 reviews)

• There is high turnover due to the poor leadership, long hours and lack of processes (in 22 reviews)

"Review"

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance and flexibility

Cons

quarterly layoffs and no future

"Great if you like 60 hour weeks"

Former Employee - Director of IT in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Director of IT in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are OK, work from home 2 days

Cons

This company has a lot of potential, but has poor leadership. This is a great place to get your hands on different technologies and build experience if you are starting out. For the general IT department, you will work 60 hour weeks and be expected to available 24/7/365 nights, weekends and your vacations. You will be micro managed and treated as if you do not know what you are doing. There is high turnover due to the poor leadership, long hours and lack of processes. There is currently a major initiative to shift jobs to India for a lower cost, so odds are you will laid off within the next 1-2 years. The culture outside of the IT department is seems to good and supportive, opportunities for volunteering if you can find the time.

Advice to Management

Promote work life balance, provide leadership training to the executives so they will treat employees with respect. Remember that the customers and employees are stakeholders just like the shareholders.

"Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Database Developer in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Database Developer in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home policy
    flexibility and Good team members

Cons

They are laying off people every quarter and sending all Jobs to India. All the operations, Admins, developers have been laid off and because of such job insecurity, people have already started looking for other jobs and are leaving. Only thing management think about is saving money.

Advice to Management

retain employees/talent here in US. When client is paying you in Dollars, you need to pay your employees in Dollars and not in rupees.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Epsilon serves multi-national clients and is focused on building our talent pool, both in the North America and globally, to better deliver marketing solutions for our clients.

"Very disappointing place to work."

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home a couple of days a week is a nice benefit. Offices are modern, and have nice amenities.

Cons

Confusing company, who are we? Epsilon, Conversant, Catapult, Abacus, etc. It is so hard to get things done because each of the company's have different priorities and vision. Who is in charge? One leader (not the CEO) has a limo and driver.....really??? Associates that have been there too long and do not support change are roadblocks to moving the company forward. Atmosphere of entitlement and lack of maturity. Those that work hard get overlooked for those that make the most "noise". Technology is out of date, consistently problematic. HR programs do not support the modern worker, nor support the well being of the associate.

Advice to Management

Be "One Epsilon", standardize across the company. Get rid of entitlement, reward the work.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We understand that Epsilon’s robust product and services offerings and matrixed organization can create challenges. We believe the recent management changes and a more ... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Well known company. Offices all over the country.

Cons

Everyone there in sales treats you like your stupid. Everyone thinks they are so important when they are selling people junk mail. They need to get lives outside of the office. No work life balance. Lots of shady office behavior going on. They take advantage of great talent and think that everyone needs to be replicas of each other. SO MUCH TURN OVER.

Advice to Management

If everyone was not so uptight 24/7 people might stay there, and not have people quitting every week.

"Stinks, stay away"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really cannot think of any. This company is responsible for a lot of the thing everyone hates: junk mail, robo-calls, but their specialty is the pop-ups and web ads offering to sell you something you were viewing last month and probably already bought.

Cons

Management talks a good game and the sales people love them, but technically they don't want to spend the money to attract or retain IT talent. It is a vaporware company, might blow away in a stiff breeze.

Advice to Management

Fire most of your IT upper management, and a good portion of middle management. Promote any talent you have left and listen to them.

"Response is cut and paste"

Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location. Good location. Free parking. Close to rte 95 and rte 93.

Here are addictions words apparently I am at 20 words.

Cons

Environment is toxic. The Mgmt fights and is hostile to each other. People look for the easiest and shortest route to being done.

Advice to Management

If hr is going to respond to these reviews stop cutting and pasting your response. It's robotic and insulting. Like working at Epsilon.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

We strive to be transparent and honest in our communications with current and former associates. We’re sorry to hear that your experience working at Epsilon was not positive and wish you success in ... More

9. "Wilton Office is a Joke"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Wilton, CT

Pros

Used to be a great place to work, still a few employee's clinging to the old days. Also, ESPP program made me some money when i sold their stock before it cratered last year.

Cons

Low pay compared to competitors and a high tolerance for cancerous employees. Virtually everyone with talent fled, and the dead weight rules the office now. It's a great place to go if you want to show up late, leave early, do nothing, get a paycheck and never advance. It's depressing how low morale is there, it just feels like everyone gave up, and who can blame them? Epsilon bought the company, and told everyone in the building they hadn't had a good idea in 5 years. Everyone with options was updating their resume that day.

Advice to Management

Too many to list in one place, its time to start over. They cannot communicate, they have no direction and no idea how to market in a digital age.

"Creative leadership in the way of their own team growth"

Former Employee - Creative Design Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Creative Design Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Snacks, nice building, medical, dental, 401k, close to train, close to park, close to other agencies (who also have all the beforementioned) for when you start interviewing again.

Cons

Marketing can be a rough business. But if you're lucky you'll find a great marketing company with a creative leadership team that will stay current of where the business is going, foster creativity, give constructive critique of work and lay a clear path for professional advancement. Epsilon Chicago is not that place.

Via the use of abusive treatment, witch hunting, bullying, favoritism they keep their talented and underutilized creatives stunted and believing there isn't growth outside their walls.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees with respect. They are all adults.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We strive to create an exciting, comfortable and inclusive workplace for our associates. We have recently implemented programs to ensure both our managers and our ... More

"Continuing the downward slide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of challenges and work
    Highly technical solutions

Cons

Most jobs are being moved to India
    US based teams are under staffed and now missing deliverables. As a result executive management is punishing them by moving more head count offshore.
    Pay is not competitive with market
    No funding to complete tasks that are considered high priority
    Very high rate of turnover and no value placed on institutional knowledge
    Employees are expected to train them selves, requests for training that have a cost associated with it are generally denied.
    Executive management is completely disassociated from their staff

Advice to Management

You have already caused significant damage by laying off high performing individuals in favor of cheap labor from India, if you expect to be successful you need to treat your people better and actually fund the items you consider business critical.

Nov 4, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Global market realities are changing the business landscape, requiring both organizations and their people to adapt to this new environment. Through this we remain committed to doing what’s right for ... More