Epsilon Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epsilon Chief Executive Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
Cons
  • They showcasing - do work life balance -- nothing like that totally fake (in 47 reviews)

• Poor compensation for long hours/weekend support (in 24 reviews)

"Big mess and not on point in terms of organization and delivery ..."

Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice colleagues is the biggest pro. Diverse and international business environment with lots of opportunities to travel in a fast paced environment

Cons

Too many to sum up. With the departure of the previous CEO, the company lost its soul and identity ... new CEO not so much. Very fragmented and complicated organization.

Advice to Management

Replace current CEO and get someone who truly understands customer first principles

"review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time

Pros

- nice perks
    - free lunch every other friday
    - great talent

Cons

- disorganized
    - nobody knows their titles/roles
    - work load is excessive

"Senion Database Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good commute for people in northshore.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations. Software is never perfect. Make sure you know how to predict future or read minds.

Advice to Management

What's the point? They not going to listen anyways. Stop outsourcing to India!

"Ruined by politics and favorites."

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best benefits packages out there. Mother company, Alliance Data, seems great as well. Free lunches on Fridays are nice. Some really great and talented people work here.

Cons

This needs to be said for the marketing department. I've read plenty of reviews on here that are stepping around this. Politics, favorites. Basically what everyone is saying is that the head of creative plays favorites. BADLY. He is located here in West Chicago but is in charge of most of the creatives nationwide. There have been quite a few layoffs in the last couple of years. I have witnessed some great people get let go while others have stayed that should have been the first in line. Truth is, everyone is too scared to say anything about it in fear of getting fired. He is your boss's boss so who exactly are you going to speak to about it? HR? Nothing will ever come of it and you will have a bullseye on your back moving forward. Most of us have families to support and can't take the risk.

Advice to Management

At this point, the CEO needs to get involved. Management is the problem.

"No Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Account Director in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are the company at large has a solid foundation and a good product set that differentiates themselves. The people are overall good for the most part.

Cons

No work life balance and no energy within the teams. Very stale environment. They also just rolled out some company wide benefits to help with that but told certain offices they couldn't do it. Very harmful to the energy.
    There is no growth opportunity and most management does not invest time or commit to individual growth.
    NOTE - some one responded to me and not sure who but they said to contact HR for crafting a better Epsilon which is a joke - Crafting a Better Epsilon does not apply to Wilton, CT Office. This is false information and that is why the energy is so stale.

Advice to Management

Actually roll out benefits that apply to all teams, not just your selected few. Remove the dead weight. Some people have been in the company that don't do anything at very high levels and float through.

"Grass isn't always greener...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible work environment
    - Challenging work
    - If you apply yourself, you will learn quite a bit about many different business disciplines

Cons

- Grew too fast by M/A activity
    - Executive team is disconnected
    - Everything is being outsourced to India
    - Decisions are made in a vacuums with no thought given to execution and support of production solutions
    - They are cheap... except at the sr executive ranks
    - IT is a mess... takes forever to get basic software to do your job or fix even the simplest help desk issue.

Advice to Management

- Engage your employees and act on what you hear, stop placating everyone and giving lip service - even younger staff see right through it. You are great strategically but stink from an operational and execution perspective. Look around you... talent is leaving and you are loosing TONS of institutional knowledge.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. Epsilon has a robust growth strategy resulting in a fast-paced work environment. Through this, we remain committed to doing what’s right for both our people and our ... More

"Listen to all your employees, not just senior management."

Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Epsilon (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Dallas headquarters has a lot of nice amenities.

Cons

Big disconnect between senior management and everyone else.

My boss was in Chicago. I was in Dallas. I was suddenly let go because my boss did not require his copywriters to maintain copy decks along side the digital art. I knew this was a flawed process but, I was not the Creative Director.

One day I was asked to clean up a very complex, multi-layered, multi-versioned, InDesign file, because they were about to kick off a new printing of this direct mail piece and they wanted a clean file to start from. This was a file that I had originally designed but it had been reprinted many times and with all the production changes, overtime, it needed some typographical design help. While working with all the multiple layers and versions I managed to make it look nice but, I accidentally transposed one line of copy within an offer box on one version. I asked that the file be reviewed closely before the job kicked off (started). I had nothing to do with the file after kick off. All copy edits were handled in Chicago.

After the direct mail piece was printed and mailed, my boss called me from Chicago and told me about an error on one of the many versions. I asked him how many times it went through copy editing/proofing. His response was: "Nine times but, if copy editing doesn't know what has been changed then, they can not proof it." When he said that, I realized what a flawed idea it was to NOT keep a copy deck consistent with with the art through the entire process. Not to mention there was an additional tenth opportunity to catch an error on a printer proof.

As a result, I was blamed for the error. Management never even asked me what had happened and, within a week, I was fired. I was a Senior Art Director doing my job, not a Copywriter and not an Editor, and I was not the one who decided that Copywriters did not need to maintain copy decks. It was decided by senior management that it was my error without even having a conversation with me.

Advice to Management

Before you fire a person because the manager says they did something wrong, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT, to get both sides of the story.

"Sr Production Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

State of art technology both hardware and software

Cons

Lot of people on call 24/7 (suspect that is common in all IT structures

Advice to Management

Your job could be the next to sent overseas

Nov 4, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Global market realities are changing the business landscape, requiring both organizations and their people to adapt to this new environment. Through this we remain committed to doing what’s right for ... More

"BSA"

Current Employee - BSA in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - BSA in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedules. Interesting work.

Cons

Many jobs are being moved to India. Sad to see the US jobs go just so the company can look like it is making it's goals.

Sep 29, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your commitment to Epsilon and we wish you continued success. Global market realities are changing the business landscape, requiring organizations like Epsilon to adapt in order to ... More

"not a stable environment for tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits. Many, many company meetings, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

They're rushing to export their development work overseas. They don't seem very concerned about quality, but I guess when you're a corporate behemoth you don't have to worry about the small stuff.

Aug 26, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Epsilon operates in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as we strive to deliver superior solutions and better business results for our clients. Global market realities are changing the business ... More