Epsilon Reviews | Glassdoor

Epsilon Reviews

Updated June 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • They showcasing - do work life balance -- nothing like that totally fake (in 47 reviews)

• Poor compensation for long hours/weekend support (in 24 reviews)

"Nice company with great work environment."

Current Employee - Technical Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Flexible schedule. Large company with a small company atmosphere.

Cons

High pace industry. Many recent changes. Company growing through acquisitions.

"Great facilities. Layoffs happen frequently"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facilities are great, neat workplace.

Cons

layoffs happen whenever a budget cut is needed.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be strategic about their employees. Build capacity in them, don't think of them as some disposable resources.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

We are glad to hear that you feel Epsilon provides a comfortable and unique office environment. Our associates and their professional and personal development are extremely important to us. Recent ... More

3. "Great agency to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team culture at Epsilon is fantastic. The management is focused on growing the business, and the mix of talent working for this agency is top of their game. It's a very healthy place to build a career, and though I'm not a career agency person, several of my colleagues have been working for this company for several years, with no intention of leaving soon, which speaks volumes for the quality of the company. The benefits are great, and women and men are equally supported and it's a fun place overall.

Cons

The company was acquired by Alliance Data Systems a few years ago, and also combined with another agency, so the team is constantly being asked to learn new systems, as one process is adopted and then abandoned sometimes within months; leaving little time to learn them before another one is brought on; and the company is still restructuring its management. It doesn't really effect the work or the day to day though, but it's still annoying.

Advice to Management

The extra processes and systems are really inefficient and mostly duplicative. Invest in simplifying; and also give greater visibility to the team of what's happening with the company. It's not always clear.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review we are glad to hear that you thrive as part of Epsilon’s culture. We realize there isn’t a single way of doing things and our teams across the globe learn from each other ... More

4. "Tour of Duty at Epsilon"

Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fast-paced, challenging work environment chock full of very capable people. Cool, diverse, A-list client base. Outstanding benefit package. Great location in downtown San Francisco.

Cons

Mediocre sense of loyalty typical of the agency world. While I was there, some directional confusion among the middle management and top brass. Lost a lot of cultural personality and flexibility when its original manifestation, SolutionSet, was swallowed up by Epsilon proper.

Advice to Management

I'd love to see a sense of real mutual respect / temporary loyalty that would prove to be mutually satisfying and a real departure from the industry norm.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great full service agency with excellent leadership and outlook.

Flexible time off, meaning we take time off when we need it starting Jan 1, 2017. Managers are flexible and trust their employees to get their deliverables completed before taking days off work.

Cons

In my experience, I've been able to work on a variety of clients and that's actually a pro, but you have to be able to hit he ground running on day 1. There is no on boarding process.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Well known company. Offices all over the country.

Cons

Everyone there in sales treats you like your stupid. Everyone thinks they are so important when they are selling people junk mail. They need to get lives outside of the office. No work life balance. Lots of shady office behavior going on. They take advantage of great talent and think that everyone needs to be replicas of each other. SO MUCH TURN OVER.

Advice to Management

If everyone was not so uptight 24/7 people might stay there, and not have people quitting every week.

"Stinks, stay away"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really cannot think of any. This company is responsible for a lot of the thing everyone hates: junk mail, robo-calls, but their specialty is the pop-ups and web ads offering to sell you something you were viewing last month and probably already bought.

Cons

Management talks a good game and the sales people love them, but technically they don't want to spend the money to attract or retain IT talent. It is a vaporware company, might blow away in a stiff breeze.

Advice to Management

Fire most of your IT upper management, and a good portion of middle management. Promote any talent you have left and listen to them.

8. "Very Fast Paced - Almost Too Fast"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is always newest and greatest. Pay is towards the top of the pay scale.

Cons

Too fast paced. Has the feel of a company that grew too fast. Very reactionary from the top down

Advice to Management

na

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - BSA in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - BSA in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Epsilon truly believes in investing in their employees. A lot of training, having a mentor, and constant communication on what could be improved are some pros. Along with incredibly kind people, who truly want to see you succeed.

Cons

There is a lot of information thrown at you, so you have to be organized and calm enough to handle it. It is fast paced, but if you enjoy challenge, it's not a problem.

Advice to Management

Work with your incoming ABSAs, and improve on the on-boarding documents. It's a great decision and task for the new employee.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We realize our client’s success and Epsilon’s business growth is entirely dependent on our associates’ ability to succeed. We are glad you feel you have the support you ... More

"Response is cut and paste"

Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location. Good location. Free parking. Close to rte 95 and rte 93.

Here are addictions words apparently I am at 20 words.

Cons

Environment is toxic. The Mgmt fights and is hostile to each other. People look for the easiest and shortest route to being done.

Advice to Management

If hr is going to respond to these reviews stop cutting and pasting your response. It's robotic and insulting. Like working at Epsilon.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

We strive to be transparent and honest in our communications with current and former associates. We’re sorry to hear that your experience working at Epsilon was not positive and wish you success in ... More