Epsilon Reviews | Glassdoor

Epsilon Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • All these play a role in the great work/life balance Epsilon offers as well (in 68 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home when my children sick (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • At times work life balance is not in balance (in 44 reviews)

• There is high turnover due to the poor leadership, long hours and lack of processes (in 22 reviews)

"Stinks, stay away"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Itasca, IL

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really cannot think of any. This company is responsible for a lot of the thing everyone hates: junk mail, robo-calls, but their specialty is the pop-ups and web ads offering to sell you something you were viewing last month and probably already bought.

Cons

Management talks a good game and the sales people love them, but technically they don't want to spend the money to attract or retain IT talent. It is a vaporware company, might blow away in a stiff breeze.

Advice to Management

Fire most of your IT upper management, and a good portion of middle management. Promote any talent you have left and listen to them.

2. "Very Fast Paced - Almost Too Fast"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is always newest and greatest. Pay is towards the top of the pay scale.

Cons

Too fast paced. Has the feel of a company that grew too fast. Very reactionary from the top down

Advice to Management

na

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - BSA in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - BSA in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Epsilon truly believes in investing in their employees. A lot of training, having a mentor, and constant communication on what could be improved are some pros. Along with incredibly kind people, who truly want to see you succeed.

Cons

There is a lot of information thrown at you, so you have to be organized and calm enough to handle it. It is fast paced, but if you enjoy challenge, it's not a problem.

Advice to Management

Work with your incoming ABSAs, and improve on the on-boarding documents. It's a great decision and task for the new employee.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We realize our client’s success and Epsilon’s business growth is entirely dependent on our associates’ ability to succeed. We are glad you feel you have the support you ... More

"Response is cut and paste"

Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - IT Engineering in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location. Good location. Free parking. Close to rte 95 and rte 93.

Here are addictions words apparently I am at 20 words.

Cons

Environment is toxic. The Mgmt fights and is hostile to each other. People look for the easiest and shortest route to being done.

Advice to Management

If hr is going to respond to these reviews stop cutting and pasting your response. It's robotic and insulting. Like working at Epsilon.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

We strive to be transparent and honest in our communications with current and former associates. We’re sorry to hear that your experience working at Epsilon was not positive and wish you success in ... More

6. "Ok"

Pros

The salary is competitive and fair.

Cons

No direction, very little assistance from leadership.

7. "Technical Account Coorndinator"

Current Employee - Technical Account Coordinator in Lafayette, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Account Coordinator in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and great company atmosphere. In my department there is a good life/ work balance. We just started working from home one day per week and so far it's working great. My manager is very flexible with letting me take courses and time for personal development.

Cons

Not a lot of career opportunities in my department. There is a big gap between starting positions and the next level and management positions you would have to work there for 10 years to get. If you like your day to day to look about the same and is happy to stay in the same role for some time this is a great fit!

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you’ve enjoyed your time at Epsilon. Our goal is to make it easier for our associates to work at Epsilon while giving them the tools and training ... More

"Potential being wasted"

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Great Coworkers
    Great Technology
    Some great products

Cons

Management seems to be struggling to figure out how to improve margins but a lot of the steps taken seems to be doing more harm than good.

Offshoring is once such a thing which doesn't seem to be yielding the anticipated benefits due to time zone constraints and quality of resources. There were some upper management changes made maybe in hopes of bringing about change. But these new people and their decisions are unable to bring in real change possibly because of the quality of decisions or due to the fact that a lot of these decisions are unilateral and opaque which fails to trickle down as they are intended. This lack of communication and collaboration seems like a perfect recipe to drive out some good people.

Epsilon has always been a cheap company in terms of salaries,travel etc but this seems worse now maybe due to their revenue issues.

The recent unlimited PTO is being described as NO PTO by most people maybe because they are aware of the underlying culture - just pretending to be hip can make you only so much hip.

Advice to Management

Executive level should hire some high level management (in engineering and product areas) with serious management chops rather than depending on wannabes. This company has some good products and mostly some good people. All these people need is a clear direction and they can do wonders in terms of keeping the existing products going as well as developing new ones.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Global market realities are changing the business landscape requiring organizations and their people to adapt. Epsilon has a robust growth strategy resulting in a fast-paced work environment ... More

"Indifferent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office space was excellent. Cafeteria was really good. Work in IT/Engineering was alright I guess. Seems like a place for average people looking to live an average life, doing average things. Never was overwhelmed with deadlines etc., Low stress. There was never a need to solve a problem without thinking too much about it. If you have some experience or capability to understand systems or software and you want to take it easy this might actually be good for you.

Cons

For a company that does marketing, creativity was lacking amongst the engineers I worked with. People were more concerned about trying to do something the easy way than getting it right for scale or reliability or to look into the future. Amongst all the mediocrity, there are actually people that get laid off every couple of quarters by executive management.. either to keep the numbers good for investors or even for bad performance. Speaks volumes when senior management takes the easy way out of cutting people under bad conditions.

Advice to Management

Leadership much!!

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Communications

At Epsilon we are committed to driving growth for our client’s while ensuring our business also grows. We believe the recent management changes and a renewed focus on our core data, technology and ... More

"No Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Account Director in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are the company at large has a solid foundation and a good product set that differentiates themselves. The people are overall good for the most part.

Cons

No work life balance and no energy within the teams. Very stale environment. They also just rolled out some company wide benefits to help with that but told certain offices they couldn't do it. Very harmful to the energy.
    There is no growth opportunity and most management does not invest time or commit to individual growth.
    NOTE - some one responded to me and not sure who but they said to contact HR for crafting a better Epsilon which is a joke - Crafting a Better Epsilon does not apply to Wilton, CT Office. This is false information and that is why the energy is so stale.

Advice to Management

Actually roll out benefits that apply to all teams, not just your selected few. Remove the dead weight. Some people have been in the company that don't do anything at very high levels and float through.

11. "Wilton Office is a Joke"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Wilton, CT

Pros

Used to be a great place to work, still a few employee's clinging to the old days. Also, ESPP program made me some money when i sold their stock before it cratered last year.

Cons

Low pay compared to competitors and a high tolerance for cancerous employees. Virtually everyone with talent fled, and the dead weight rules the office now. It's a great place to go if you want to show up late, leave early, do nothing, get a paycheck and never advance. It's depressing how low morale is there, it just feels like everyone gave up, and who can blame them? Epsilon bought the company, and told everyone in the building they hadn't had a good idea in 5 years. Everyone with options was updating their resume that day.

Advice to Management

Too many to list in one place, its time to start over. They cannot communicate, they have no direction and no idea how to market in a digital age.