Epsilon Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Epsilon Chief Executive Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance is sub optimal (in 49 reviews)

• There also seemed to be a lot of arbitrary constraining decisions from upper management that adversely impacted delivery time and final product quality (in 27 reviews)

"Mostly Good, Some Bad. Not looking to leave."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall the people you work with are fantastic, easy going, and working hard to get everything done on time and with minimal pain points.

Flexibility to WFH is amazing. Everyone has adapted to working remotely.

Flex PTO is great if you use it (see cons)

Cons

Senior leadership (VP and above) aren't connected enough with the processes and platforms to make promises to clients, but do anyway. It may be like that at many places, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Flex PTO is only good if you use it, and can use it without repercussions. Mostly taking way less vacation than what you would be taking if it wasn't flex.

Yearly salary bumps are less than cost of living. If you don't get in high you wont make up any ground.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to give raises that are less insulting. No one in good standing with outstanding reviews should be getting a 1-2% raise, yet that is the average.

Jul 26, 2017 – Epsilon

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you thrive in Epsilon’s culture. We value and consider all feedback as it helps us find new ways to improve. If you are looking to discuss your career... More

2. "Great agency to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team culture at Epsilon is fantastic. The management is focused on growing the business, and the mix of talent working for this agency is top of their game. It's a very healthy place to build a career, and though I'm not a career agency person, several of my colleagues have been working for this company for several years, with no intention of leaving soon, which speaks volumes for the quality of the company. The benefits are great, and women and men are equally supported and it's a fun place overall.

Cons

The company was acquired by Alliance Data Systems a few years ago, and also combined with another agency, so the team is constantly being asked to learn new systems, as one process is adopted and then abandoned sometimes within months; leaving little time to learn them before another one is brought on; and the company is still restructuring its management. It doesn't really effect the work or the day to day though, but it's still annoying.

Advice to Management

The extra processes and systems are really inefficient and mostly duplicative. Invest in simplifying; and also give greater visibility to the team of what's happening with the company. It's not always clear.

Feb 1, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review we are glad to hear that you thrive as part of Epsilon’s culture. We realize there isn’t a single way of doing things and our teams across the globe learn from each other... More

3. "Tour of Duty at Epsilon"

Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fast-paced, challenging work environment chock full of very capable people. Cool, diverse, A-list client base. Outstanding benefit package. Great location in downtown San Francisco.

Cons

Mediocre sense of loyalty typical of the agency world. While I was there, some directional confusion among the middle management and top brass. Lost a lot of cultural personality and flexibility when its original manifestation, SolutionSet, was swallowed up by Epsilon proper.

Advice to Management

I'd love to see a sense of real mutual respect / temporary loyalty that would prove to be mutually satisfying and a real departure from the industry norm.

"not a stable environment for tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits. Many, many company meetings, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

They're rushing to export their development work overseas. They don't seem very concerned about quality, but I guess when you're a corporate behemoth you don't have to worry about the small stuff.

Aug 26, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Epsilon operates in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as we strive to deliver superior solutions and better business results for our clients. Global market realities are changing the business... More

"Not bad"

Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Big company with decent benefits.

Cons

Work situation or culture will vary greatly depending on your location. Also, switching departments or teams doesn't seem to be easy or even feasible. It's definitely not encouraged.

Advice to Management

Stop the quest for cheap tech labor abroad unless you have a really clear plan on how to utilize them. Also, be honest when telling staff that U.S. jobs will be affected by this management strategy.

Aug 12, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your time at Epsilon and wish you success in your future endeavors. We strive to remain transparent as possible around our global growth plans and... More

"Too many management issues. Spent more time on politics, than doing something useful. High school-like drama"

Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Epsilon is a giant conglomerate and not going anywhere. Free snacks and free lunch on Fridays. Good brand name clients.

Cons

No leadership training, unprofessional management. Exclusively of certain projects, no insight as to what other team members are working on.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on making award winning work. Team building exercises, management training would be good. Bring a positive attitude with leadership capabilities.

Aug 26, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, Epsilon is a global marketing leader focused on building superior solutions and delivering better business outcomes for our clients. We are continually... More

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any...

Cons

Senior management is the worst I have seen in the tech industry. The company operates on a total sales driven funnel, where as a creative you are told the deadline before you even have a team or requirements. If you push back or deadlines are missed you are blamed for not working hard enough. No consideration to actually do quality work. The San Francisco office is steadily losing clients in the last year.

Advice to Management

Get a vision. What are you doing with all these acquisitions?

Jul 13, 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review. Epsilon has a robust growth strategy resulting in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Through this, we remain committed to doing what’s right for both our people and... More

"Not a supportive environment, chaotic, poor work quality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There is a gym in the building in SF.

Cons

No support from team, I had projects removed from me for no reason, left with nothing to do for a month, then given a large project with no support from my manager and no product manager.

"Not a professional environment."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a very demanding job, everybody leaves at 5pm.

Cons

No engineering culture. It is a boys club. People talk about going to strip clubs or say the most offensive things during lunch conversations.
    There is no system in place that you can depend on, management got promoted because every other manager left.
    To be fare, this is the culture in San Francisco, which was acquired by Epsilon. On the other hand, Epsilon did not manage it well either.

Advice to Management

There is so much to improve.

10. "Good place to start career.."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of projects, lots of opportunities to learn new technologies and process.

Cons

compensation and benefits are ok. Too much internal politics and not enough attention payed to people doing the work. Treats everyone like a commodity.

Advice to Management

Better profit sharing, need better understanding of company's value preposition. The company is in transition phase with mergers and acquisition so too much chaos and clients see the chaos.