KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Equal Experts

Is this your company?

Equal Experts

Add a Review

Equal Experts Employee Reviews about "ee"

Updated Feb 20, 2020

Found 29 of over 259 reviews

4.6
Equal Experts CEO  Thomas Granier
Thomas Granier
Pros
  • "Company supports good work life balance(in 31 reviews)

• "Definitely not like your typical consultancy(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They paid a bit less than some of the other consultancies engaged with the client but this is a minor grumble since the EE day rate is decent(in 29 reviews)

• "Slight growing pains as the company has become more successful and has opened new offices around the world(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 1 year

EE let me bloom

Dec 11, 2019 - UI/User Experience Designer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its been a year that I have been working for EE and just wanted to express a few things...after jumping a few ships I finally feel I found one I could stay in for longer, so what's the difference? The culture that comes along with everyone here is of harmony and productivity, I really feel that everyone working here does so because they truly want to, the kind of trust that has been imparted onto each individual makes us want to , the whole 'grown ups' philosophy reflects and it has grown on into me and I am glad it has. The kind of trust imparted in me for all the projects makes us responsible for our actions. EE understands an individuals strengths and works towards honing it, colleagues and senior management have let me bloom as an individual, I am musician by passion and perform at times, not every organisation would understand that and let me take time out for my passion, though here I am appreciated even further for the same. Its been challenging being the only designer here and to make different disciplines understand my ideas and thinking, at the same time they are wonderfully recepted and don't feel out of place though I genuinely hope the whole design aspect of EE India evolves.

Cons

Being a designer, I genuinely hope the whole design aspect of EE India evolves.

2. 5.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

A consultancy model that is better for clients & people

Nov 22, 2019 - Delivery Lead in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a freelance delivery lead, working through Equal Experts means that I know I'll be working with a team of brilliant people. The quality of developers, DLs, UXers etc is amazing really, and it makes the job so much easier and enjoyable. Another reason I operate freelance is to minimise all of the bs that goes along with permanent roles and/or big companies. EE treat people like grown ups, minimising pointless admin and hierarchy, everyone just wants to deliver something useful at the end of the day. They are winning lots of work up and growing fast, so loads of opportunities.

Cons

You lose a bit of flexibility obviously, working through EE compared to truly freelance / contract. More than made up for by the pro's however. Coming to the end of a piece of work, it can be trickier, as you have to juggle looking for work yourself vs trying to see if you can roll on to something new that EE might have starting up.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Better than the other worst service companies in Pune

Mar 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

* A company which offer opportunities for upskilling. * Strong technical community internally (worldwide) which does not hesitate to extend help and also fail fast. * Strong global leadership. * EE values are strongly followed internationally. * Flexi working hours * Very regular knowledge sharing sessions * Focus is changing to have local clients than depending on UK clients.

Cons

* Being open policy is good. However, it started creating negative impression when the decision is "Case-To-Case" basis. It does not give clear idea on how few places works. * Currently no good technically challenging projects. * Management believes everything is awesome. However ground reality is different. * Good old resources (who were pioneer in building EE in Pune) left and few were not even treated fairly. * A pseudo face of the management looking at the company. * New members are trusted more than old members. * Foreigners are preferred over in-house talent. * Cannot make use of experienced resource for the benefit of project and also company. * Cannot manage experienced resource without liability. * Unable to handle the growth (in numbers) * Few of the projects are screwed by the management rather than client (Having more managers and less developers will create more mess anyways) * Not much onsite opportunities. * Creating Sand Palace for high profile clients.

21 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

People management needs to improve

Feb 2, 2019 - Software Engineer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

The global EE network is amazing. A lot of learning if you get to work with people from that network. Many good focused slack groups for a wide variety of topics ranging from delivery, technology, devops, security etc.

Cons

A lot of the good people from Pune office have moved out in a couple of years and the new ones that have joined are nowhere close even if they're experienced. EE Pune is heavily under staffed and the management is still happily signing up for new work and team expansion on existing projects. This leading to a lot of issues like no one to work on new inititatives like upskilling, R&D etc. Also, the earlier good things like bootcamps for new joiners are not happening more. It is also leading to cutting some corners in the recruitment process. Due to some project demands, enough thought is not being put into team composition. Some projects have all the senior and experienced people whereas a lot of projects are composed of mostly new joiners. This causes a lot of trouble in delivery as the new joiners are not familiar to EE ways of doing things. The management is decoupled from what is happening on the projects and can lead to making decisions which are not beneficial for some of the projects.

16 people found this review helpful

Equal Experts Response

Director, Equal Experts India

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the effort in providing us with the feedback. I feel sad to hear about your experience and also disappointed that we let down because a few internal initiatives like R&D didn’t work out as per plan. We are going through an exciting growth phase. That however is bringing its own set of challenges. We fully appreciate that we’ll only be able to scale gracefully if we can have critical mass of mature people who will own and enable this growth. As always, we are focused on quality hiring and also training internal people to give them the skills to make this happen. True to our values, we are continuously learning and improving. Your feedback has already proved valuable as it triggered useful open conversations internally and I’d like to thank you once again. If you would like to help us do better next time please approach in person or share your thoughts via feedback at equalexperts dot com. - Ashish Jagtap

5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Glad to be associated with Equal Experts

Jun 6, 2019 - Software Tester in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have met some great consultants here who stand out not only at a technical and professional level but also at a personal level. In my view EE’s strength is its people. I like the idea of EE’s networking model. EE has made it easier to meet and collaborate with consultants working on various EE projects. So there is a platform to learn how different teams solve similar problems. And also to get feedback on the problems we try to solve from a wider community. This makes for a great learning experience. EE as an organisation has been fantastic as well. Transition between projects has been always smooth, thanks to the People Manager team. Each engagement has an Engagement Manager to discuss any client specific concerns. The founders are super transparent about what’s going on in the organisations and the executives are very accessible to provide any feedback.

Cons

When I interviewed for EE in 2016, the duration of the interview process was longer. But since then I understand EE has been working on improving the interview process and on-boarding experience. So I am assuming this process should have gotten better by now.

6. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 5 years

Some organisations are different.

Jun 24, 2019 - Devops in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Company of adults * People know their stuff * Opportunities for work * Great people and network * I get to work with people from all over the world A++

Cons

* Rate review process often leaves people with a bad taste. I understand why companies are secretive around rates, squeeze people to increase profit etc. It's just that having a closed policy creates unease and competition between people and I can think of several great engineers whom we've lost due to the overall process. I don't mean due to lack of money either, mainly frustration and feeling undervalued. Not everyone is a thick skinned haggler. If your business model is people then treat them right. Publish the rates you are willing to pay. * I understand it can be hard to get people but sometimes people new to EE can be put in the wrong roles which can cause issues. It's better to wait for the right people if it's possible. * If work for a client it coming to an end sometimes you are left in limbo * The new office. It's not got the cool factor of euston road. Very practical though, like a corridor.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to be

May 11, 2019 - Developer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a pragmatic contractor that loves crafting software then this is a fine organisation to be involved with. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive - I was placed at a client with other EE people and felt valued and respected from day one. EE take care to ensure you're delivering value to clients, not just a bum on a seat, and this really shows. The interview process at EE sets the bar higher than most and you can tell in the calibre of people they hire - not just in technical know-how but in general attitude and professionalism. The EE network is a wonderful thing and long may it continue to grow!

Cons

They paid a bit less than some of the other consultancies engaged with the client but this is a minor grumble since the EE day rate is decent.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

No more a must place to work at

Feb 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best minds at work. On an avg, you will find people who are technically strong and easy to work with. Exceptions will always be there but overall a good bunch of people. Decent projects to work on. Good work life balance. People are expected to be responsible and mature and to honor the freedom and works well with the overall values. EE UK takes efforts to publish policies and review progress of each business unit. Transparency is looked at seriously at the global level. Admin staff is helpful.

Cons

We are seeing on loosing out good people over the past couple of years and dont see any action taken over it. People managers seem helpful and they have everything on the "agenda" but nothing EVER gets done, even a year down the line you will get same replies. No travelling opportunities, its just gone on a decline over the past couple of years We should adhere more to the EE global values of Transparency, no bias, no ego policy but that somehow isnt seen at the top management level. For eg. they made changes to the PF policy even without informing the employees from April last year. On top of that, voicing concerns is taken personally.

9 people found this review helpful

Equal Experts Response

Director, Equal Experts India

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the effort in providing us with the feedback. What you describe is certainly not consistent with our values. I empathise with you and can imagine how frustrated you might have felt. You’ve described a situation where you’ve felt that people management is helpful but they are not getting things done. That is valuable feedback as it has already helped us in having internal review of all the open items with the team with a view of removing blockers and correcting these kinds of situations. I can understand how some of the actions or inactions in Equal Experts have affected you. I am committed to make EE a place that delivers value not just for our clients but also to our people. I’d like to thank you once again for your feedback and also encourage you to have open discussions with myself or the management team to help improve the situation together - Ashish Jagtap

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

EE isn't the organisation it makes itself out to be

Feb 20, 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

EE offers good flexible working, great salaries and interesting projects.

Cons

EE talks about being built on values, but that is all it is - talk. Transparency is not present despite it being marketed as a key value in the organisations success. In reality, there is backstabbing, lies, favoritism and a low moral. HR doesn't look out for employees, instead, it breeds distrust between teams and people. EE looks like a shiny new toy on the outside, but on the inside its falling apart at the seams.

10 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for "grown-ups"

Jan 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting and challenging projects, encourages a great work-life balance (depending a bit on the individual client's working practices), some really good people who are highly skilled and in the most part humble and open to ideas. Lots of autonomy to make decisions, try things

Cons

As others have commented, going through growing pains as the original lightweight processes and org structures are being scaled. But generally this is being done in a sensitive and mature way, and for the right reasons. Recent changes to strengthen the Exec team are starting to work well. Some projects struggle to apply the EE cultural values, often due in a large part to politics within the client's team. Occasionally leads/EMs struggle to manage this type of client, but ultimately people get paid well to deal with these challenges. Permanent and contract staff are given a lot of autonomy, and in general the recruitment process selects great people ("grown-ups") who can make the most of this responsibility. If you can't, go somewhere else.

1 person found this review helpful