Equifax Reviews | Glassdoor

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is little to no work life balance in this position (in 17 reviews)

• Intern program needs a bit more structure and more opportunities to talk to Senior Management (in 20 reviews)

1. "Very outdated leadership practices"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. I can't really think of anything else. Cafeteria at some locations. I'm only adding more to this because Glass Door is requiring me to do so.

Cons

Leadership practices are outdated, benefits aren't very good, place is ran like its the 1980s, very behind the times, communication is bad.

Advice to Management

Educate yourselves on modern leadership. Quit calling yourselves "managers" and call yourselves "leaders." Managers manage and leaders lead.

"Lack of communication"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibilty with schedule, ability to work remotely

Cons

Lack of communication from senior leadership. Comp plan changes every year.

Advice to Management

New leadership is putting their stamp on things, but they are failing to communicate the change effectively. It helps to outline for the employees why the change is being made and how it will affect them.

"Used to be so much better"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are pros and cons to working at every company, and Equifax is no different. They offer fairly flexible schedules and I typically never have to work more than 40 hours a week, which is great!

Cons

If actions speak louder than words (which they do), Equifax clearly does not value their employees as their most important asset. The constant decline of benefits makes that clear. Management is given a 3% raise "allowance" that they must divvy up between all of the members of their team. Meaning most employees see less than a 2% pay raise each year.

Advice to Management

Stop telling us how much you appreciate us and start showing us. Stop telling us how much money Equifax is making (record breaking growth/revenue) and then telling us you can't afford to give us raises (or even put candy in the candy bowl in the lobby!).

Equifax Response

Nov 7, 2016 – VP, Global Talent Management

While there are no perfect companies, we have been working hard to build an energizing environment where everyone can contribute their best thinking and be valued for the work they do. Given our... More

"Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Stable company
    Stable industry

Cons

Base Salary
    Commission plan
    Lack of sales support
    Company Structure

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who do the day to day work to keep the wheels turning and the lights on are highly conscientious and hard working. Good people doing good work and generally enjoying the daily challenges. The company is growing and people are generally upbeat and optimistic about the future.

Equifax respects your personal time and doesn't expect you to work on weekends or demand crazy overtime hours to demonstrate commitment. The culture is pretty much a 9-5 mindset. The parking lots are empty before 8 and after 5.

CEO is one of the best. when it comes to laying out a vision and a strategy. You can't argue with his success and what he's done for shareholders over the last 10 years. He's also a good person, which is rare when it comes to CEOs. The only knock against him would be that he's not a good judge of talent. He's hired some duds and keeps non-performing poor leaders around way too long.

Cons

There is little or no opportunity for promotion beyond the VP level. Executive level politics are horrible, and although they talk about a "meritocracy", it's just a sound bite. Promotions are awarded more like a beauty contest than based on performance.

Compensation is below average. If you stay longer than 3 years you get left behind on your compensation and they hire new people in at much higher salary levels. Also, the disparity in pay between the Senior Leadership Team and the rest of the company is HUGE.

Benefits package is expensive and keeps getting more expensive every year as the company pushes more of the cost down to the employees.

Advice to Management

Stop running off top talent and people with vision by not promoting them and keeping pace with competitive salaries. As well as the company is doing, it could be doing SO much better if you did a better job nurturing and promoting internally. The SVP layer needs to be culled.

"Non standard hiring"

Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Decent benefits, good work life balance

Cons

People get hired not based on their skills but because they know someone in the company. The IT feels like having no diversity at all, run by managers who openly prefer certain prevailing origin to anyone else.

Advice to Management

Managers of all levels need to come down to earth from their VIP heavens at least once in a while and do something useful.

"Ultra-Corporate and Dull"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Easily accessible from GA 400, lots of snack/drink machines, and (as far as I can tell) no micromanaging from higher-ups. Also, you can wear headphones while you work.

Cons

I can speak only for myself. I'm a contractor who was brought in to work on a very specific project that was unfortunately also very misrepresented. What I was led to believe was a writing job is the dullest, simplest form of cross-referencing imaginable. As to Equifax itself, the culture seems very stilted and formal. Compared with other places I've been a contractor, the employees are stand-offish and don't seem very happy. Equifax contractors also are never made to feel like part of the team, which is kind of disheartening.

Advice to Management

Please represent jobs accurately and truthfully. This position is an enormous waste of not only my, but also the vast majority of my fellow project-mates' time and abilities.

8. "Great Company - Great Benefits - Low Mobility if Remote"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Equifax is a visionary progressive company that strives to constantly innovate products and provide analytical insights to an Employer's HR organization. As an employee of the Equifax Workforce Solutions subsidiary who works remotely, I've benefited from the company's generous 3 Week PTO grants, great health and dental benefits, and flexible work schedule.

Cons

Senior Leadership has changed twice in 4 years, my direct manager has changed 4 times in 15 months, and we are 1 year into a change in our service structure. There is little consistency or communication from upper management downward.

Advice to Management

Go back to the previous service model and stop trying to be like other companies that thought siloed servicing was best by product rather than demographic.

"Good ole' boy compnay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharette, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharette, GA

Pros

They offer good pay and benefits

Cons

This company is the most clickish I have ever seen. If you're not a white male, you have no chance to move up. The only women are the ones that have been there a long time. The people that have been there for 20+ years rotate through management roles and have no clue how other companies work. So no depth of experience.

Advice to Management

It's time to bite the bullet and get rid of ineffective management and individual contributors that have been there forever and are no longer an asset.

10. "Infrastructure Project Coordinate"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to learn and interact with a team of co-workers with different skill sets.

Cons

Lack of opportunities. Promotions are given to those who are popular and not based on merit. Forced to develop on your own. No opportunity to improve with additional certifications.

Advice to Management

Be respectful of others. Provide a work life balance that is fair and adequate. Promote others based on merit. Health care benefits is very limited with only a choice of two healthcare providers and very expensive.