Equifax Reviews | Glassdoor

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is little to no work life balance in this position (in 17 reviews)

• Intern program needs a bit more structure and more opportunities to talk to Senior Management (in 20 reviews)

1. "Once a great job, now awful"

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have pushed us out of our offices in St. Louis, so we now work from home.

Cons

How the new Equifax Workforce Solutions leadership team got this far in their careers baffles me. For those who work at home, they no longer pay for internet. Instead of being able to carry over a week of vacation to next year, we now have to get approval with "good reason" to carry over. What's next? Do I need to raise my hand and ask to use the bathroom?

The above pales to their most egregious and recent act which is to hold our bonuses in limbo because of their new reporting guidelines and not approving exceptions. It's not clear if they will ever fix these issues. For me, that is $20,000 worth of lost salary. An enormous hit for someone with my base.

Moral is at an all time low. Leaders do not communicate with us. There are a ton of rumors floating around and people are heading for the door. Wondering how Management sleeps at night knowing their actions are leading to people losing a huge chunk of their salaries.

Advice to Management

If you could communicate with us, at the very least, once a quarter...and not by one of your standard form, useless emails, that would be great. If you could also approve the exceptions so we can get our bonuses, that would help tremendously. Don't expect me to give 100% when you are not giving me 100% of what you owe me for the work I have performed.

"Manager"

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

Flexibility was the only positive

Cons

If you are a woman BEWARE! Sexually harassment is not taken seriously at the company. They actually side with whoever is higher up and pretty much tell you that you are bringing the harassment on yourself and your boss is very important. HR is a HUGE let down. They do not do the right thing by the employee, but rather try to protect whoever is higher up and try to avoid a law suit. I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life and struggled with anxiety daily working in that culture. It is sad that cases like this and the Uber case happen all of the time and there seems to be nothing young women can do to fix it except to sue or leave (I chose to leave). I want people to know that no one at this company will look out for you if this is happening, even higher up women who know it is happening. Every single woman in my area is leaving for the same reason.

That is the largest problem I faced while I was there, but it was definitely not the only. EFX has a terrible work environment/culture and is not challenging at all.

Advice to Management

If multiple complaints come in about the same person. Take it seriously. Even if you don't believe the employees, pretend that you care and you are concerned they are in a hostile work environment and that they are uncomfortable. If you don't you will continue to watch smart, kind and hard working people run for the hills.

3. "Seems like Equifax values turnover in Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

Company does extremely well in financial performance
    Good work environment and flexibility

Cons

Equifax leadership, including the CMO, seems to only care about the Pricing and Data/Analytics areas of Marketing. Evident in any Town Hall you attend. No real interest or much funding for other disciplines of Marketing. Probably because the CMO is not a marketer by trade.

The matrix organization of Business Units and Centers of Excellence is very difficult to navigate resulting in many bosses and stakeholders who often conflict.

Meetings galore! A lot of time spent presenting internally including lots of pwpt decks.

Politicking is very prominent. And viewed less favorably if you don't work at corp HQ in Atlanta

Advice to Management

Stop moving division leaders every three years. May be a good strategy to grow those leaders but very disruptive to business and all other employees

"Hearings"

Current Employee - Hearings in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Hearings in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours and the dress code. You can wear anything.

Cons

Horrible people. Too much gossiping. Very low pay.

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually work.

"Professional they are not!"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you would like to see your career take a dive for the worse, join ies! It's one day close to be over for them.

Cons

Everything about it! You are micromanaged with over 25 kpi's, only allowed a 30 minute lunch with 2 fifteen minute breaks. Your work day is from 830 to 5. Your day blocked into 2 hour power hour sessions through your the day. In which management dictates your activities and state emails are not to be sent during one of those blocks. Pricing and management have failed the enterprise turning it into a lackluster 0 profit center. They are now blaming the reps for their inability to lead. Hail the great New Ies management. They continue unethical business practices of raising prices on clients with work force solutions and and charging new fees the clients have no idea about nor agreed too. They will be going down with their ship soon.
    They are struggling with their identity and can't bare to look at themselves in the mirror. SLT won't even give them a budget to fund a support team or update the tools one needs to be successful.
    Chances are they will close down the unto before the move to Alpharetta.

Advice to Management

Don't blame your reps for your inability to lead or turn a profit ethically.

"Horrible Place To Work"

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None that I can think of...none

Cons

Back stabbing and inexperienced management, no advancement, constantly afraid of your job being eliminated or outsourced, managers award friends instead of based on merit, extreme lack of training. I experienced this in multiple departments and business units.

"Account Manager Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful colleagues.

Cons

Please read carefully! For any potential Inside Sales candidates (Professionals need not apply. This role is entry level). The following should be taken into consideration:

1) Technology. For a world class data company, it's very unusual that archaic systems are still being used. Systems are slow and are not in line with one another. One must use several systems to retrieve information required to do job. Time consuming and frustrating.
    2) Pay. Base pay is average, however, the commission structure is skewed to favor the company and provide less pay to employees (stay long enough and you'll agree). Although the payout is quarterly, it's typically delayed at least a month or two after due to issues confirming true numbers.
    3) Micro-management. Employees are being told how to spend their time, who to call, and when to call. Also, daily reports are required to appease operations. Meanwhile, legitimate revenue generating activities are overlooked trying to appease the artificial numbers created. Calls are recorded to ensure your calls meet their definition of a "sales call," which is very subjective.
    4) Pricing. Credit files are core business and company has outpriced them through yearly increases to point where customers are paying on average three times more then competition. Very difficult to make up lost revenue.
    5) Performance Improvement Plans. Company is not shy about putting Reps in PIPs, and in fact, have let many people go due to this. One or two lost customers will put you in jeopardy to be put on one. Very negative feeling with this hanging over ones head at all times.
    6) Communication. Very poor communication across various departments. Extremely difficult to do your job when management doesn't even know who to go to to get things done.
    7) Errors in critical data. Reps are measured on net new business, however, in many cases, the new accounts will be missing from your book, resulting in less revenue and metrics not being met.
    8) Management. Lack of understanding of what this role truly entails. No trust or value of Sales Reps. For a sales organization, it's interesting how no one in leadership roles have any true sales experience. Middle management roles have recently been created, adding to an already crowded leadership team.
    9) Dialer system. Company has made it no secret that Inside Sales is now a call center. One must be very cautious on how much time is spent in the bathroom, as your pause times and all activities are closely monitored.
    10) Negative atmosphere. With all the aforementioned issues, it makes for a highly negative environment.

I hope this information is beneficial to anyone considering a career in Inside Sales at Equifax.

Advice to Management

See Cons comments above.

"Middle mgt is terrible, no cohesion among verticals, constant"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant II - Technical in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resume builder I guess, learn about the credit insustry, exposure to other industries such as banks, large telcos, credit card companies. Etc.

Cons

They will NOT take risks, old school, resistant to change or things that make them more efficient. Stubborn, tend to go with what worked well 20 years ago

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate yourself or you will lose top young It talent like you already are

"The New Senior Director of Mid-Market Sales has no Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building with remodeled bathrooms and lots of parking. The food trucks are a nice way to get lunch without having to leave the building.

Cons

Working in the middle market group is a nightmare. Work/Life balance is non existent. No one wants to buy the primary products and services anymore due to cost and/or market saturation. Being in a vertical just means you hear "No thanks" over and over from the same type of people. Management of the group is terrible from the top on down, and they micromanage to the Nth degree. It s basically impossible to move up or …

Advice to Management

Don't bring an Account Manager in to run a Sales team

"Equifax is a well oiled machine with no soul."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pto, flex time, lower management are nice and considerate.

Cons

Equifax is a well oiled machine with no soul. If you have a job offer here run do not walk away. They just took all of our holiday celebrations away, but bought managers tickets to a concert. Run as fast as you can. 0 emplyee engagement.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for your hard working employees.