Equifax Reviews | Glassdoor

Equifax Reviews

Updated April 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • There is little to no work life balance in this position (in 16 reviews)

• A senior management team that is looking to hold their positions rather than inviting clever minds that are capable of transforming the company (in 18 reviews)

"Not so much"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Midtown location is prime. Business is interesting.

Cons

Most dysfunctional Human Resources function ever. Zero tolerance for diversity or targeted/niche marketing. Should easily be a $5b company but limited by vision.

Advice to Management

Get closer to your customers; understand what it truly means to be customer-centric. Clear out dead wood; it is dragging down your results. Leadership is stagnant and needs a refresh.

2. "Awful!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None! No work life balance Leadership team extremely not loyal to employees especially HR and Talent Acquisition

Cons

They say good work life balance. This is a total lie. Please believe that. HR and Talent Acquisition Management departments are loyal only to the executives. Please stay clear from this company at all costs.

3. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I worked at Equifax, there seemed to be many opportunities for advancement, very much a team environment, and smart people that were driven.

Cons

The overall company goals seemed to be abstract and not clear or focused. Communication to rest of company seemed to be an afterthought.

Advice to Management

Have more town hall meetings that show clearly the direction of which the company plans to go and more communication as to the present financial situation.

5. "Front End Web Developer"

Former Employee - Programmer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. There is always upward mobility and a chance to do new things. They have a lot of great projects to work on.

Cons

Sometimes the hours were long, but they compensated for that.

"Senior Hearing Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Hearing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Hearing Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Equifax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None unless you are part of their corporate mindset. If you tow the line like a good little lemming, then you are a model employee. If you are a protagonist, point out what could be done differently, then you are not a "team" player.

Cons

To much one way thinking. When it was the Frick Company, it was very hierarchical. If you were a Claims Service Representative, you were the bottom of the barrel. You were seen and treated that way. I had a BS in Business Administration, put together a position paper, sent it up the chain and one Senior Manager stated that he was surprised that a CSR knew so much and could speak so formally. I had more managerial experience than my own supervisor, I just didn't have the practical experience.

Then TALX bought us out and then the culture changed for the better. Equifax then bought us out and things more or less stayed the same. Then we got a new manager and things went back to that hierarchical structure. It became the worst place to work. Everyone became fearful and then 1/3 of the people got laid off and 1/3 got transferred.

Advice to Management

Put people in managerial positions that have a clue as to what they are doing, look past the persons job title and realize the talent that they have.

"Culture of Innovation"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance and excellent culture. I never feel micromanaged and Equifax is a meritocracy where results are tied to pay.

Cons

Honestly, there are few things I don't like about Equifax.

Advice to Management

Keep leading the company through the transition from a traditional credit bureau to a technology/insights company. Keep up the good work.

8. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Compliance in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Compliance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people, great work life balance and flexibility. Nice to finally have a company that wants your opinion and supports change.

Cons

You have some leaders that have "attitudes" based on their tittles, not their knowledge

Advice to Management

have an HR forum to discuss some of the leaders and the way they lead

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is going very good financially so there is lot of work and lots of projects.

Cons

Too fast paced, cutting corners and not following process to deliver. It's work, work and some more work with no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees and give them time to enjoy life.

"Enjoyable and friendly work environment"

Current Employee - International Implementation Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - International Implementation Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Equifax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive and challenging working environment. Management team has been very helpful and encouraging. They seem to care about you as a person and your career.

Cons

The b company is going through a paradigm shift. It's a period of change and growth. As with all change there are pains as with most large companies.

"Hello, may I please speak with Human Resources?"

Former Employee - Inbound Agent/Contact Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Inbound Agent/Contact Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Equifax (More than a year)

Pros

If the company culture and management mood is right, the job is fun, rewarding, intense, and filled with incentive and learning opportunities

Cons

If not...you will probably need to seek new employment, either involuntarily or of your own volition.

Advice to Management

Justly reward and recognize employee contributions; reduce corporate and managerial secrecy; embrace openness and transparency; reduce the frequency of punitive regulatory changes and destructive quality control tweaks