Equinix Reviews | Glassdoor

Equinix President and CEO Charles Meyers
Charles Meyers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to achieve work life balance" (in 22 reviews)

• "Honestly there were no cons I had a great experience" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Communication Associate"

Current Employee - Communications Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started as an HR intern and I really enjoyed that experience because I had the autonomy and empowerment to work cross functionally and explore new projects. There was a number of social and development events to attend so our class of about 70 interns bonded well. My senior year, I received a job offer to start after I completed my undergrad degree. I was placed in a role where I've been able to make high impact in the HR Comms team as we are building innovative communications programs. The culture and size of Equinix allows me to jump in on this important work as we begin to scale and focus on employee experience. Everyone at the company is willing to help you grow and learn and I’ve been able to develop my skills immensely.

Cons

Although Equinix is a tech company in Silicon Valley there aren’t amenities like free meals (just breakfast) or large scale events to get to know other employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the intern/new-to-career programs and maintain the positive and personable employee culture.

Equinix Response

Dec 6, 2018 – Equinix

Congratulations on completing your Internship and joining us full time! Building an intern program around meaningful work and career growth with us is a priority and we are pleased that you have... More

2. "Refreshing Experience"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Role in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Role in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid benefits, next level onboarding experience through the SOAR program, colleagues are more than eager to help enable new employees, culture isn't overly emphasized because it "is what it is" and it's great.

Cons

More can be asked of senior technical resources and a greater emphasis should be placed on their contribution to the sales process.

Advice to Management

Keep disrupting the market - as we have and continue to do - but think bigger as it relates to hybrid and multi-cloud. Developing a greater focus on data and software will continue to differentiate Equinix as the market leader.

3. "Great culture and work-life balance"

I have been working at Equinix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast most of the week, solid benefits, and a great view of the lagoon! Everyone is really supportive and helps create a positive environment.

Cons

Would be nice to have better commute benefits and free lunch.

4. "FP&A Intern"

Pros

Great leadership and mentorship for interns.

Cons

Can't think of anything bad about the internship program. The commute can take a toll on you.

5. "A great company to work with"

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible timings, good work ethics, multicultural society and great workplace

Cons

late night meetings with global teams

6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Equinix, offers a fun environment and challenging opportunity for its employees. Working for a global leader brings a sense of pride to the office that cant be matched by competitors.

Cons

Leadership positions have been a revolving door over the last couple of years. Maintaining consistency in this area will increase the credibility of the company's mission.

7. "Good benefits, poor local management"

Former Employee - IBX Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IBX Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equinix full-time

Pros

The insurance and the stock plan are very nice, the communications from high level management are clear

Cons

Local management staff has no understanding of the co-location marketplace. NONE. They also have no understanding of some of the most basic IT skills, therefore can not judge one employee skills to the next because they do not comprehend the scope of the jobs to be done.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management CLEAN HOUSE. Get rid of the dead weight in the local supervisors and managers

"Work life balance, advancement and leadership"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really dedicated people who are passionate about that they do. Generally everyone is engaged and willing to help even if they have to go out of their area of comfort.

A culture of getting work done and always trying to find solutions to problems.

Cons

Your experience will vary wildly depending on the team you join, and even your direct manager. There are some teams where things gel extremely easy, and there are some teams where your manager actively hinders your ability to work.

Extremely rigid management not allowing any flexibility in work even after being there over 2 years. No education opportunities, and no career talk by your management. If you do your work properly you are considered a valuable pawn.

Employees get promoted because they have simply been there longer, or know someone high up. There seems to not be an actual performance based system.

Senior management gets the brunt of promotions every year, middle management and lower level employees remain at the same level.

If you want a workplace that will recognize your performance and offer growth and learning opportunities, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Reward people based on performance, not who they know or how long they have been there. Listen to complaints if they are reasonable, and maybe sometimes try to accommodate.

9. "SR. IBX TECHNICIAN IV"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Equinix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stock options are definitely good

Cons

MANAGEMENT needs to be more consistent

Advice to Management

STAND UP FOR YOUR WORK FORCE

10. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Equinix full-time

Pros

Comprehensive training offered, dynamic company culture

Cons

Messy and annoying internal IT systems