Equinix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Equinix President & CEO Stephen M. Smith
Stephen M. Smith

Pros
  • Great people produce great work": employees genuinely enjoy what they're doing and that's made clear the second you step into the office (in 25 reviews)

• Company strives for a work life balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't respect work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Some typical process and systems growing pains (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome company with great perks"

Current Employee - Senior IBX Technician IV in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very aggressive company with huge growth with many opportunities around the world.

Cons

There is nothing technical to be learned as a operations technician as this is why they are hiring people with no knowledge.

Advice to Management

Need to know the job field to understand the work and need to know leadership traits with out hiding behind a title. Need to educate them selves instead of always asking for technicians to do everything because they have no clue.

May 2, 2017 – Equinix

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your feedback with us. If you are looking for an opportunity to increase your technical knowledge or pursue a career in management, we ... More

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Equinix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Truly global player across cultures and technologies. A place to learn and advance with a strong crop of expert colleagues to collaborate with to really meet the customer needs. Innovation is everywhere and no limits to allow employees to shine. Rewards are generous and achievable and for those who go the extra mile additional benefits are awarded.

Cons

Micromanagement of some issues in some functions, short term achievement focus for country teams instead of mid to longer term goals.
    Due to expansion, may scare some customers away as they may perceive an "all eggs in one basket" risk scenario

Advice to Management

Size matters but Equinix will need to keep local groups involved as it grows into a massive organization. Beware of distancing some far flung teams for feeling and hearing the central messages

3. "Profession That Matters"

Current Employee - Senior IBX Technician IV in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

.Teamwork Methodology
    .Rockstar Insurance
    .Professional Management
    .Not a Chance the Company will Fail (NCCF)
    .The Best Customers in The World
    .The Most Important Position in IT

Cons

2 Years Onboard, None Identified Yet.

Advice to Management

None, So Far They Are Spot On.

May 11, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for your glowing review and two years of service. We certainly appreciate your positive outlook and passion for our business. We know there is no such thing as a perfect company or ... More

5. "Good Company to work"

Former Employee - Regional Sale Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sale Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great team. Great Management. Sales Driven and Strategic in nature. Lake side office view.

Cons

Location. Perks. Cafeteria. Parking. Travel due to location of the office.

Advice to Management

Offer direct employment to contract based employees.

Apr 6, 2017 – Equinix

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your positive outlook and willingness to speak up, and wish you continued success in future pursuits.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company strives for a work life balance. The people are great.

Cons

Some roles do not have clear pathways if you would like to continue to grow.

Apr 18, 2017 – Equinix

Thank you for writing a review and sharing some of your thoughts with us. Good news! As part of the Grow Perform Succeed (GPS) performance management program, Equinix has developed "Career Pathways ... More

"engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits,dissent pay,good schedule

Cons

Not transparent,unorganized the local management separated themselves from working people

Advice to Management

come to the floor ,talk to us,provide more hands on training not just formal and don't promote the people who ere friend to you we also have a human quality.

8. "Channel Sales Intern"

Former Employee - Channel Sales Intern in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Channel Sales Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at Equinix (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility and opportunity to work remote. Pay is great for an intern in school. If you are looking for a job after school this is a great company to intern with.

Cons

As an intern I think it would've helped to have a more structure and formal training. Much of my experience was self learning.

Mar 13, 2017 – Equinix

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your internship at Equinix. We understand structure can be challenging with a remote internship, so we appreciate you providing that feedback. We wish ... More

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The wage are market competitive

Cons

Don't respect work/life balance. Too much politics. Management is weak in Operations. Advancement opportunities are very limited and hard work will not help you. Advancement seems based on who you know and cosy up to rather than good skills. Favortism exists.

Advice to Management

Do some house cleaning of old stale management or get them to be more transparent in their decision making.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is very successful and positioned to do well for at least 5 years plus. People are really nice and treat each other with respect and kindness. Not sure if that is true up the ladder of managerial status.

Cons

Marketing organization has a low key vibe that is boring. Work is done only at your level - so it's not a big melting pot of cross functional exposure and ideas. It's a very hierarchical organization - you don't really work with anyone above your "rank".

Advice to Management

Manager training is essential. Especially with career and company growth opportunities. Open office doors, walk around and talk to the team who reports to you - get to know people authentically - not just a hi in the hallway. The company is small enough for more of that type of interaction.

Mar 31, 2017 – Equinix

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear that you are both enjoying your coworkers and feeling good about how Equinix is positioned in the ... More

"Unmatched Company Culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Equinix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Strong Company Culture: There's a difference between saying your company prides itself on a strong culture and actually living up to the initiative. Managers have an open door policy, communications are always delivered with transparency, and your input is never disregarded.

-"Great people produce great work": employees genuinely enjoy what they're doing and that's made clear the second you step into the office. The effort put forth is always backed by passion.

-Fast pace environment: this is often seen as a "con" however success isn't reached without momentum. Equinix serves and provides for an industry that is growing at a rapid pace, those on the back end need to keep up.

-Always looking to improve their strategy: If there are gaps in either internal or external communications the company doesn't sweep it under the rug. Different organizations are constantly developing strategies to troubleshoot and identify the problem to improve moving forward.

In addition, the company does not have strong hierarchical barriers. It doesn't matter if you're a VP or an associate, the communication you have with those within the company are always respected. Executives are humble and care about their employees.

Cons

So far I have not identified any cons in my experience as both a contractor and now full-time employee.

Mar 7, 2017 – Equinix

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Our leadership team is indeed grounded in our values and accessible across all levels of the organization, which is pretty special. We appreciate your ... More