Equinor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Equinor CEO Eldar Sætre
Eldar Sætre
Pros
Cons
  • "No guarantee for full time after(in 8 reviews)

• "Good luck getting anywhere if you aren't Norwegian or a descendant of Brigham(in 51 reviews)

"Intern"

I worked at Equinor

Pros

Excellent colleagues to work with

Cons

Out team is a small team.

"2 years couldn't come fast enough"

Former Employee - Senior Operations Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Equinor full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Dress code in the Austin office is non existent, you could dress like a scumbag every day and you'd fit right in. Shorts and tshirts are common so enjoy that. Some of the field folks were alright.

Cons

This place was one of the most backwards, unorganized jobs I've ever had. I had a two year commitment to them and I left the day after 2 years. I don't think I would have made it two years if not for the handcuffs they had on me. Good luck getting anywhere if you aren't Norwegian or a descendant of Brigham The company slogan is "Do more with less". Most of their big pay benefits are on a timescale of 5 to...

"The place for Invertebrates, opportunists, schemers and other people that just want payment."

Former Employee - Economist in Houston, TX

I worked at Equinor full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Exceptional good return of the time you invest there if you just close your eyes to the dysfunctional way the company operates, and continue to sing along the combmaja.

Cons

Leave opinions of your own, past experience and common sense at the doorstep. This a company that is not in the business of making money. They buy assets, run them poorly to the ground, write off the losses and then claim victory. The deception is so grand and the marketing effort so ingrained in all messaging from the top and down that everything you thing you knew about economics in the rest of the world will be tested...

Advice to Management

Stop making alternative truths about how great you are. 30 billion loss in North America without consequences for upper management is just pure incompetence in business supported by a great marketing machinery.

4. "Safety and Sustainability Specialist"

I have been working at Equinor full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. They understand family comes first.

Cons

Lack of oversight from corporate

"Losing culture"

I worked at Equinor full-time

Pros

Originally an amazing place to work. Many of the people are solid individuals.

Cons

Values and culture have deteriorated. With their US Onshore business they have continued to make poor decision after poor decision where now they will never recover. Investors should run.

Advice to Management

Make logical decisions

"Engineering Intern"

I worked at Equinor full-time

Pros

Really good environment to grow.

Cons

Really hard to get into after internship.

"Reservoir Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Equinor full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Nice environment to work, nice offices, nice facilities.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy, too many meetings, too many meetings, and more meetings... Managers had pressure to do a lot of admin work, they were so busy that didn't have time to guide you, help you in other technical things, and you felt left aside. Work is demanding, you have to do a lot of things and nobody cares to motivate you, very individualistic environment. Apparently in the headquarters in Norway was better.

Advice to Management

Motivate more your employees, but not with team building meetings where, ok we can have a good time for a couple of hours, but the reality at work is that as individuals we don't feel motivated to do a better job; you demand always more like what we do is not enough.

"Negative Experience"

Former Employee - Division Order Analyst in Spring, TX

I worked at Equinor full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits are a reason to work here. Also a great place for lazy people to get ahead.

Cons

Management is non communicative. Bonuses are crappy.

Advice to Management

Take feedback from employees seriously and make real changes

"Lost thier Values"

I have been working at Equinor full-time

Pros

Nice place with good people

Cons

They are si focused on working lean with less and less people, they are overbearing, and have unreasonable expectations. They support unexperianced managment and dont correct them. They cut benefits and left no incentive for this method.

Advice to Management

Before you have a toxic environment, I would definitely get in front of how your managers are treating your employees before it's a risk to the company if not already.

"Review"

I worked at Equinor full-time

Pros

There are some great people still working for the company. Pension Plan day 1 of employment. Long Term Incentive pay for roles that are valued.

Cons

Too many changes to the organization. The culture and values has changed dramatically. People don't seem to matter anymore and company becoming robotic with its treatment of personnel. Name change - if you are treating your people equitable, you don't have to change your name to demonstrate that you are "Equi." Career opportunities are now only for the early career or "talents."

Advice to Management

Get back to caring about the one thing that matters most - your people of all ages.

Found 266 reviews