Cover image for Equinox

71% Recommend to a Friend
66% Approve of CEO

Found 2,399 of over 2K reviews

3.7
Equinox Executive Chairman, Managing Partner Harvey Spevak (no image)
Harvey Spevak

What people are saying about Equinox

Join the conversation on

Consulting

13d

works at

Deloitte

Funds are getting a little low for everything I need. Might need some new methods. Will equinox notice if I steal some of their moisturizer?

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and bosses(in 137 reviews)
  • "Going to work is a lot less painful if you are surrounded by great coworkers (:(in 65 reviews)
  • "Training potential in new class formats and personal training(in 59 reviews)
  • "The staff is great.. Free gym membership and 40% off of the spa and shop.(in 51 reviews)
  • "The free membership is a great benefit & its not too stressful/hard of a job to do.(in 51 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low in comparison to other spas that don't require marketing by the massage therapist.(in 193 reviews)
  • "They have poor management and have one employee for 6 children under the age of 9.(in 163 reviews)
  • "Be ready to work long hours and be available all hours of the day to get the right amount of clients.(in 107 reviews)
  • "There is no work life balance AT ALL! It's not a family oriented place to work.(in 103 reviews)
  • "If your managers don't even like there job be prepared to be thrown under the bus.(in 57 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Equinox and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Loved it!

May 24, 2022 - Kids Club Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful gym. Awesome kiddos. Great perks.

Cons

Not a con I can think of.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

great company

Oct 21, 2022 - Group Fitness Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

versatility, space to grow. Positive team and sport.

Cons

nothing bad to say. Great company, I guess it is huge, so sometimes its harder to really stand out, but that's any competitive company in NYC.

3. Join the Equinox team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Room For Growth

Dec 2, 2022 - Membership Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth Team environment

Cons

Don't have full access to all clubs

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Dec 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture and growth opportunities

Cons

Not enough compensation for the number of hours worked

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Networking

Dec 1, 2022 - Shop MOD in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team dynamic , great place to grow within the company

Cons

unrealistic monthly quotas. Short staffed

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some clubs are slow, some better

Nov 14, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotes from within, I felt like a family. Got to use the facility which was awesome. Managers were really helpful and listened to my needs and suggestions. Give CEU money credits.

Cons

My club was so slow. They had us promote the spa ourselves which was annoying at times. When I moved clubs I saw a difference that I liked better.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

they expect to much

Nov 28, 2022 - Front Desk Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Had good benefits with free gym membership but may have taken that away. I also worked at a great location.

Cons

They expect peak customer service for minimum wage.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 27, 2022 - Personal Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, Growth in the company

Cons

Very long hours starting off

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not what they advertise

Nov 30, 2022 - Personal Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Educational opportunities Control your own schedule Occasional guidance from management

Cons

Management plays favorites Can’t advance through the tiers at your own pace Too much micromanagement Needs/requests aren’t necessarily taken into consideration

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Have savings if you are just starting at Equinox.

Nov 3, 2022 - Personal Trainer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a lot of money there. But if you are just starting out in the personal training world, it could be 6 months to 2 years of just getting by $ wise.

Cons

You have to go to bat for yourself every day. If you don't ask something the answer is always no.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,399 Reviews
</>Embed

Equinox Reviews FAQs

Equinox has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,487 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Equinox to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Equinox employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Equinox. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

71% of Equinox employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Equinox 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Equinox to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Equinox Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Equinox? Share Your Experiences

Equinox logo

Equinox Careers

Cover image for Equinox

Equinox History Equinox is the leading operator of upscale fitness Clubs. Founded in 1991, Equinox was built on the notion that fitness...More

• EQX Corporate
  • Personal Training
  • Membership Advisor
  • Club Roles

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

135 days ago

Careers
Equinox is committed to helping our teams maximize their potential. Interested in a career at Equinox? Join us at our Virtual Career Week Open House to learn how you can expand your skillset, challenge yourself, and grow within our Personal Training, Member Advisory, Pilates, and Spa teams. To RSVP, please complete the registration links below. 7/25 Personal Training 12PMEST, 4PMEST https://lnkd.in/e4-Z3KQ3 7/26 Sales 12PMEST, 4PMEST https://lnkd.in/e5TVWmfN 7/27 Pilates 12PMEST, 4PMEST https://lnkd.in/erSGqzkj 7/28 Spa 12PMEST, 4PMEST https://lnkd.in/egT7Qgcu
Shared image

192 days ago

Community
It with great excitement and pride that we announce Cycle for Survival, the movement to beat rare cancers, has raised over $25 million this season, for a total of over $310 million funds raised since its inception in 2007. Together with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, our extraordinary progress is made possible by the unwavering commitment of our community. The fierce dedication and humbling generosity of nearly 16,000 participants this season inspires us to grow the movement to beat rare cancers and keep making history together. Thank you for an unforgettable 2022 Cycle for Survival season.
Shared image

Equinox Photos

+ Add Photo
Equinox photo of: It's Not Fitness, It's Life
Equinox photo of: Its not work, it's life

Expert Career Advice

Equinox (NY) Logo
Equinox (NY)

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 2,487 Equinox reviews submitted anonymously by Equinox employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Equinox is right for you.