Equipment Depot Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
David Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, good environment to work in" (in 5 reviews)

• "This place prides itself on a high morale for its employees with plenty of work/life balance and opportunities for advancement" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great environment"

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time

Pros

Too many to list. Great people

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

2. "Outside sales equipment salesman"

Pros

Independence, territory was well versed in the company and the products

Cons

Sales management was very good on product but terrible on people skills

Advice to Management

Hire a sales manager that can actually motivate from his/her experience and motivation rather than badgering and veiled threats.

3. "Good company to work, good people and managers"

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hours are flexible, care about the employees and their growth in career, good transparency from mid to high management in terms of financial performance of the company, very honest to their employees

Cons

Always lot of restructure in high management position, lack of rules and procedures in work process, too many reports goes around in email but without having a clear guidance of what’s the purpose of the reports for.

Advice to Management

Clear guidelines needs to be set to achieve the monthly goal. Suggest More training programs to provide to employees, listen to their opinions in their area instead of just looking at the budget numbers. Suggest giving Incentive to employees in the branch to increase their moral value. Provide coffee in the office is needed!! (Every one just bring their own coffee is pretty depressing!)

"Needs Work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Itasca, IL

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the people who work here are absolutely great. The issue is that there is not a standard set of procedures for operation from Department to department so nothing is defined therefore it seems unorganized in certain aspects

Cons

No operational SOP's makes the billing and scheduling process confusion with sales

"Clerk"

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great company. I have always been treated by the utmost respect. I have seen some reviews on this website about not being a good place to work if you are a woman. I totally disagree with that. It is a family company and they always understand when anyone, both men and women have to take time off to care for their own family. There are definitely more men here than women. But I would say that is because it is a male dominated industry. Most of the employees are mechanics and you just don't see women in that industry.

Cons

I wish sometimes we would hear more about what was going on in the company, not just my branch.

"Run"

Former Employee - Employee Relations in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Employee Relations in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good people there and at times is fun place

Cons

Upper management is a joke - they have taken us from 60% of the industry shares to 4% in less than 5 years - a lot of buddy buddy favorite and brown noses

Advice to Management

Stop getting rid of good people and can the dead weight

Sep 25, 2017 – HR

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not consistent with our values. We would like to learn more about your time at Equipment Depot, so we can continue to improve. If you’d like to talk... More

"Not what it use to be."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It use to be a great place to work. I was at depot over ten years. The management team that was in place when I was there didn't have a clue. Once PON took over is when it went down hill. Too much mid level management that run on the buddy system. People should go to work to make a living not friends.

Cons

Management team had no experience or very little. They have run off all the people that had dedication and loyalty along with the experience to make profit for the company.

Advice to Management

People should go to work to make a living not friends. Just in the region i was in, Depot lost over a 100 years of collective experience in the material handling and heavy equipment industry.

Sep 25, 2017 – HR

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not consistent with our values. I'm happy to say that we have recently hired a leader with well over 30 years of experience in the industrial equipment... More

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Service Administrator in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Service Administrator in Evansville, IN

I worked at Equipment Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, some if the people you work with we're great. The part was decent, and they're we're chances for certain bonus's.

Cons

Managment has no clue what it's doing. No training, always trying to lay blame, never want the full story, if you're a woman. Women, beware of you're looking to work here. You're held to completely different standards than the men.

Advice to Management

Your service administrators are people too. It's not just the male technicians that make a place. Only caring what they needed does a disservice to your other employees. To be so outrageously and openly sexist, is crazy in today's market.

9. "Great culture, great leadership!"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place prides itself on a high morale for its employees with plenty of work/life balance and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are no cons to list at this time and I doubt there will be any to list in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in fostering this positive environment for employees to excel in.

Jul 26, 2017 – HR

Thank you for the excellent review. We are happy to hear that your time has been and will continue to be a positive one at Equipment Depot.

"Best Employer in 30 year career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Equipment Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Executive team is really great at seeking out talent and promoting within when the talent is available. Working in HR, I can see how much they care about employees. Great work-family balance. They take their values to heart, all employees get paid 2 days a year to volunteer within the community, they have fun holiday parties, and people are just happy and pleasant to work with here. Great coffee!

Cons

None come to my mind

Advice to Management

None