Equita Final Expense Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

4.2
Eric Brennan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great leads & training with Ben Boman"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equita Final Expense Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lead flow is very consistent. I get my set amount of leads every single week on Saturday like clockwork. When I don't have to worry about leads all I have to do is focus on selling! & since all leads are exclusive & never resold I don't have to worry.

Training is top notch. No "rah rah" waste of time conference calls. With the "all boats float" mentality, all agents & managers share all their "secrets" on the calls, which helps more than you would think. Also, EFES has conferences all over the country (I think) every other month so new agents can get trained by top producers. We just had some heavy hitters from Texas ( 250k & 300k per year ) producers join Ben Boman's group in EFES. One of them even became a National Trainer. He flies out to new agents territories for a week & trains them in the field! Once I saw guys like that switch over & start helping I knew that this opportunity is the real deal. What EFES has to offer seriously sounds too good to be true but trust me when I say this IMO is starting to be a MAJOR player in final expense.

Cons

It seems like so many agencies are switching to EFES that it makes recruiting a little harder as we're not allowed to recruit from within. Since most of the top final expense producers are under the same umbrella as you, you have to focus on recruiting new agents.

Also, since EFES offers such a great opportunity, many agents I try to recruit think I'm lying because it sounds too good to be true!

Advice to Management

Please don't stop innovating. If you guys keep coming out with stuff that has never been done before like the agent recruiting leads, video training & test platform, & high comp..... I will never want to leave.

2. "Very Profitable Company if You Are Already Trained and Like Door Knocking"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in South Florida, FL

I worked at Equita Final Expense Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Ability to set your own hours.

- Company training and conference calls were well done. A lot of attention was given to product knowledge.

- Carriers were good, offered competitive rates and was able to get anyone covered.

- Contract level was very competitive.

- Income potential is definitely there. I knew several people making 200k or more a year.

- Final Expense is a fast, simple transaction.

Cons

- If you're a new agent and not trained up, you may have a hard time. My manager was a top producer and had little time for one on one training. Group trainings are only once a month. My only option was to drive 4 hours to go with him into the field for a day. The one time I did this, he had bad luck and didn't even do a presentation that day, so it seemed like a lot of effort for little training.

- The company strongly discourages calling clients, and encourages door knocking. This amounts to a lot of time and gas money spent driving around.

- I found Final Expense to be a morbid work environment. Most of the leads were in very bad neighborhoods, meeting with elderly black women on social security.

- I did not like the way the leads were worded. It is a little misleading and makes it sound like the Final Expense offered is a government benefit to supplement social security. Many of the people I talked to thought it was free and were living on $800 a month. Something just seems slightly unethical about taking someone's money when they are on such a strict income. We were encouraged to set the withdrawal date on the same date their SSI went into their account so it would come out before they had a chance to remove all the cash.

- In my area (south Florida), I found it very difficult to break through on a limited budget. I bought older leads to keep cost down but they were 8 years old. Many of the seniors who I went to visit had either died or moved away.

Company culture was difficult to detect. I found it to be a bland atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Consider a more thorough training program for brand new agents.

3. "Great Company!"

Pros

I have worked with a number of different final expense IMOs in the past. Equita is by far the best. They have great contracts, low-cost lead options and great BackOffice support and training.

Cons

I have not had any issues. They are very responsive to any concerns I have ever shared with them and addressed them promptly.

Jul 11, 2016

Thank you for choosing EFES!

We appreciate the comments and will continue to strive to meet your needs as an IMO.

4. "National Sales Recruiter"

Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Dallas, TX

Pros

The staff is very friendly and professional. When they say they are going to do something they do it. They carry all the top carriers with the best leads i have came across. The agent support is phenomenal. EFES is just a all around great place to make a career .

Cons

I cant think of any problems with effes it has been nothing but great for me

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing .

5. "Front desk receptionist"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Equita Final Expense Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love my job at Equita Group. I get to talk with agents and clients over the phone. Great group of people to work with everyday.

Cons

There are no cons in my book with Equita!

Jun 16, 2016

We enjoy having you as a part of the team. You are always helpful, smiling and excited to help! Thank you for your review and for your dedication to the success of EFES.

6. "Best decision I ever made was going with EFES!"

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

Pros

EFES came through and delivered exactly what they said they would after I first spoke with them over a year ago. No false promises that I would be successful just by signing up. From day one I was told that I needed to treat this opportunity as my own business. Success would only come with hard work and commitment to growing my myself through education as well as my business. The training I received was great, the support and service was exceptional from the home office staff. I have never worked with a company that takes phone calls at night or over the weekends to make sure I have what I need. I work directly with Chase Urich who is the VP of Sales and Marketing out of the home office and he is a great communicator. Even if he is tied up working on something else he is responsive and helps me with whatever I may need. If you are looking for a paycheck without having to go to work this is not for you. If you are looking at going into business for yourself while being in total control of your income you can't go wrong with EFES. It feels good to work with people who show you that they care about you.

Cons

Nothing negative from me. I have found a career that I love instead working a job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your honesty, integrity makes it easy to go out and help people everyday.

Jun 16, 2016

Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We are excited to have you as part of the EFES Family and hope you will continue to enjoy success with EFES for many years to come! If there is ever... More

7. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Equita Final Expense Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment! The company truly cares about their employees and their well being.

Cons

Equita is a great company overall. I can't think of any Con's at this point in time.

Jun 16, 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are excited to hear that you enjoy the company culture and strive to ensure that you have an excellent work life balance. If you ever have any questions or... More

8. "career opportunities"

I have been working at Equita Final Expense Services full-time

Pros

you can utilize your work experience and get the right compensation

Cons

some times commission does not paid on time

Jun 16, 2016

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with EFES. Please know that we are working to correct the commission payment schedules and anticipate that... More

9. "I had a great experience working for the company and being able to help the elders."

Former Employee - Pod Leader in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Pod Leader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Equita Final Expense Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to help the elders and it was a friendly environment.

Cons

Not enough pay/supervisors treated employees bad

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employess better

Jun 16, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make each of our employees a part of the EFES Family and regret that your experience was not positive. We would like to speak with you further regarding your... More

10. "Complete Nightmare, literally"

Former Contractor - Final Expense Representative
    Former Contractor - Final Expense Representative

I worked at Equita Final Expense Services as a contractor

Pros

Website is nice, you might even make a few sales, maybe..

Cons

The company advertises "qualified leads" however none of the leads are qualified at all. Their return policy is very vague, and in many cases - in my first hand experience - leads have moved or have passed away.

I was also pressured to take another agent's used leads, and also pressured to remove overdraft protection on my credit to pay for leads. Very shady company, stay away.

Advice to Management

Horrible, shady management. Very frustrated. Stay away.