Equitable Advisors Vice President Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Vice President

Equitable Advisors Vice President Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2020

4.9
Equitable Advisors CEO Mark Pearson (no image)
Mark Pearson
1 Rating
  1. "Challenging Career for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Vice President in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a great career for those that have an entrepreneurial mindset, want to have an impact on their community and have a passion for personal finance. This job offers a lot of career flexibility, upward mobility and a great work life balance.

Cons

This is very much like starting your own small business so you have to be willing to put in years of hard work to reap the rewards later in your career. This career really challenges you to see if you can truly deal with delayed gratification.

Equitable Advisors2020-04-08
  2. "Entrepreneurial"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, client facing and lifestyle practices. Mixture of sales and finance. Growth potential is off the charts.

Cons

Lots of prospecting. It really is entrepreneurial. Great for only the right type of person.

Equitable Advisors2020-02-15
  3. "Genuine Commitment to Advisor Development"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AXA's commitment and support for developing advisors is one of the strongest in the industry. They promote joint work, so every meeting you run as a developing advisor you have an experienced partner with you to help you in the meeting. AXA has systems in place to train advisors on the sales cycle, product, and mindset. Also, AXA hires really good people. Everyone you meet is kind, genuine, supportive, and happy. I believe it is one of the best work cultures out there. Becoming a successful advisor can be so rewarding and deliver such an incredible lifestyle.

Cons

Becoming an advisor can be difficult. There are early mornings and late evenings in the office. You have to prospect a lot, which can involve a lot of rejection. Early in the career you might not make as much as you desire. Some days it can be very frustrating.

Equitable Advisors2019-11-05

"I've experienced growth for 9 consecutive years"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Ability to increase income year over year. -I continue to frequently learn something almost daily after 9 years of being with the company. -I've got to see the planning that I've done with clients have a tremendous impact on their lives

Cons

This business is hard and is best suited for "go-getters" and those who are either already self-disciplined or who are committed to becoming self disciplined.

Equitable Advisors2019-09-09

"Good company/not great"

Former Employee - Regional Vice President

I worked at Equitable Advisors full-time

Pros

Lots of autonomy and ability to create success

Cons

Training was very limited and primarily done online. It was very time consuming and confusing at times.

Equitable Advisors2019-05-02
  6. "Best Place To Grow A Practice"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Impact: You get to make an impact on yourself, clients and community Income: You have the potential to build real wealth Independence: You have the ability to create your own work/life balance

Cons

None at this very moment

Equitable Advisors2019-04-04

"Amazing platform for clients/Fun culture"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Great platform to assist client needs while being able to offer the best options instead of a limited number as some other companies do. - Very structured process in training/development of new advisors through first 4 years. - Team based structure and collaboration with experienced advisors to ensure that experience isn't necessary to have success. - Culture is fun and exciting. A general fun place to work with monthly events to encourage friendships outside of the office.

Cons

- It takes a lot of hard work and isn't for everyone. - Very selective of who is hired to ensure the right people are part of the team.

Equitable Advisors2018-12-10

"Best Decision I've Ever Made"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Independence: You get to build and run your own wealth management practice. It is a very entrepreneurial endeavor that affords you all the freedom and flexibility to decide who you work with, when you work, and how you focus your particular business. - Income: The uncapped performance-based recognition and pay is a huge draw to AXA Advisors, and this industry overall. The better you are at your job, and the harder you work, the higher your pay, incentive benefits, and level of support you'll receive. - Impact: The best part of working in a performance paying job in this industry is that we do incredibly well for ourselves personally and professionally solely through the great work we do for our clients and community - if we are not helping them, or focusing on their best interests, then we do not get compensated. It puts us on the same side of the table as our clients, to truly make sure we do right by them. - Mentoring: Your VP serves as your coach and mentor to guide you through the process of starting a business from scratch. They have all built advisory careers themselves, and all still run active practices, so they speak from experience rather than just classroom understanding of running a firm. - Models: AXA has been around for 150+ years, and covers every market, every financial product / service. Needless to say, there are a lot of different ways to grow and run an efficient wealth management practice. AXA operates in a collaborative model, so incoming advisors won't have to "reinvent the wheel" - they can take best practices from senior / top advisors and replicate within their own practice to ensure a quicker path to success. - Markets: AXA utilizes a platform that relies on Target or Niche Markets. Rather than try to be an expert in everything to everyone, the platform and culture is best served in finding your specialization and growing your particular expertise. The collaborative office environment allows this to be most effective so no one misses on any opportunities they run across in their marketplace. This creates the atmosphere of working in a "team of specialists," which clients love.

Cons

- You have to be fully bought in, or it will be a waste of your time. When you're a good match for this type of career, and this industry, it will bring great opportunities for you and your family. When you try to "force fit" into this type of role, you'll ultimately flunk out. - It's hard work to start a business, and it takes some time to fully ramp up. Not everyone is willing to put the blinders on and wait for the delayed gratification of when your practice really takes off. - The flexibility is a huge plus for most, but a lot of people can't handle the fluid structure that's inherent to an entrepreneurial role. If you can create systems and processes to make yourself efficient, you will thrive. - Commissions are a turn-off for most, but not for those that are built for this career. You only get paid if you are doing your job, and doing it well. Showing up and being physically present doesn't do anything for our clients / marketplace, and in turn nothing for your bank account. It doesn't matter if you're the first one to show up and the last one to leave, you earn no brownie-points for simply working hard - you have to balance that with working smart as well, and getting better as you go. If you are the best advisor, you will be paid the best, plain and simple. - The learning curve is steep, but it's this dynamic nature that draw the select few to this career. The structured in-the-field training is key to getting you up and running as soon as possible. This allows you to quickly see if you love this career, if you're good at it, and if you see yourself working in this role for the long haul. This also allows you to shorten your runway of "startup" time and an efficiently running financial practice.

Equitable Advisors2018-06-29
  9. "Executive Vice President"

Current Employee - Executive Vice President in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great grwoth potential Flexible schedule for work/life balance Great people and mentorship great processes and approach to financial planning

Cons

Lots of competition, must be driven.

Equitable Advisors2018-06-14
  10. "My life at AXA-Advisors"

Current Employee - Divisional Vice President in Woodbury, NY

I have been working at Equitable Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

When I joined axa 24 years ago I was lucky enough to find what will hopefully be a lifetime career. I knew it wouldnt be easy but I also knew that the effort I put in would directly relate to any success I would have. With that said I wake up everyday looking forward to going to the office and helping clients achieve their goals. There are pros and cons to all things but having the freedom and flexibility that this career provides is something I would never change.

Cons

This is not the career for person who is not entrepreneurial minded and for those who focus on the negative and let it deter them from achieving their goals.

Equitable Advisors2018-05-29