Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Equity LifeStyle Properties CEO Marguerite Nader
Marguerite Nader
Pros
Cons
  • "upper management could use a refresher course in teaching(in 20 reviews)

• "The hourly employees can barely afford it on the low pay they give you(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Highly collaborative culture with a true open-door policy. This is a company that is taking the time to listen to their employees and to use what they learn to improve and change.

Cons

With a company this size, change takes time. It can also be a challenge to get the word out about programs and opportunities to all members of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep communication lines open and continue to listen and care about what your employees think.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-07-14

July 23, 2018Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ELS. We appreciate the feedback!

"Stable Company, Entrepreneurial Spirit"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, focus on innovation, heavy investment in talent, access to senior leadership who listen to new ideas and lots of opportunities to make a difference!

Cons

The Company runs lean and is going through a period of evolution. This means there's a lot of work to be done and many competing priorities. The upside to this is the ability to make an impact and learn and develop. Only a downside if you aren't looking for a challenge!

Advice to Management

Continue the support and encouragement of your teams as they make ELS and even better place to work.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-13

March 19, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

I don't think I could have described ELS better myself! Thank you for the feedback!

3. "Impressive combination of consistency and innovation"

Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

My personal time is valued by my superiors, peers, and direct reports. Team building and customer satisfaction are high priorities and leadership fully comprehends potential impact of success and failure. Everyone strives to consistently improve upon both, with honest dedication to excellence.

Cons

A history of quick and poorly made hires/ promotions has created hardship for team members with ability or high potential. Waiting periods are imposed despite occasions where management level team members are identified but were hired at property level rather than recruited through corporate talent acquisition. This may lead quality employees to seek opportunities elsewhere- a great disadvantage and time drain to all...

Advice to Management

Note- all of my advice was solicited and well received by HR and senior leaders of ELS, with plans to begin implementing sensible and improved policies, procedures, and advanced operating resources. Leaderships takes a unique round table approach to isolating and prioritizing objectives that repeatedly emerge, indicating significant importance to all roles for employee satisfaction. ELS is aware of aforementioned challenges...

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-22
  4. "Collaborative Culture"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Wonderful Company with amazing opportunity for growth . Collaborative team environment with amazing support, all ideas are welcomed at any level of the operations team.

Cons

I don’t have any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing .

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-18

May 20, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We agree that our collaborative culture is one of our biggest strengths!

5. "Good company with potential to be great."

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Great new talent has been added throughout the organization, in the senior leadership roles, property level management and property level support members.

Cons

There are a few legacy employees that are resisting the change which causes change to be slow and at times painful. Historically, the HR department is slow to support moving employees out that don't fit the future. While, the stability is great, it really is not the ideal situation for the employee that really needs to go or the person that is trying to impact change or believes in the new direction.

Advice to Management

The vision that the COO has laid out and continues to advocate is being blocked by legacy behaviors. In order to move this company from good to great, the employees that are resisting change need to be moved out faster. As well, there are many practices that occur, because that's how it's always been vs. evaluating what is really necessary vs. what has always occurred.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-15

"Wonderful position"

Former Employee - Recreation Director

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You get to have fun with the guests through play, carnivals, weekends, parties and events.

Cons

I don’t have any cons about this position.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-27

March 28, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your position here at ELS!

"Ehh."

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-RV parks usually in naturally gorgeous areas and /or near national parks. -Free uniforms

Cons

-low pay -rundown facilities -constant policy changes

Advice to Management

Less moving the goalposts, more coaching employees how to run the ball.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-04-03

April 3, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. In additional to our in-person Management Essentials, Compass and Leadership Summits, we have a large library of online resources for employee learning and development. We will be sure to continue to educate our employees on where ...

"Trailer Park"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Time off accrues fairly quickly.

Cons

The pay is very low and they cut corners. They rig up golf carts to take customers out on that are rusted out and made up of cart parts that they keep in a cart part graveyard. The rats are horrible in the walls of the clubhouses. Management steals sales deals from sales reps. And the big kicker is that they tell you that you will be eligible for 401k and then rip the carpet out from under you by saying "yeah we know...

Advice to Management

Pay better. Don't lie to employees about benefits. Don't steal sales from your sales reps.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-31

April 3, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

At ELS we have a strong safety culture and have implemented many standards to ensure our work environments are secure. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Representative with your concerns.

"The campground is a fun & beautiful environment."

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Seaside, OR

Pros

Being part of a new wave of leadership within the company who are driven to improve processes as well as product.

Cons

The systems are very antiquated.

Advice to Management

Upon hire there are several immediate online training courses as well as Compass, however I think it would be beneficial to offer training &/or overview videos on systems. Instead of just issuing credentials & expecting that the user will just figure it out.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-15

March 19, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review. We are continuously evolving our training programs and currently offer a robust library of video tutorials. Please reach out to our L&D team if you are unsure of where to find them!

"Large company with a home feel!"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

The People. ELS is the best in their industry and their people make the difference.

Cons

When I find one, I'll share with my leader. ELS has open communication and responsive to suggestions that foster a better environment.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-11

March 12, 2019Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback! We are so happy to have you on the team. Communication is one of our core values, so we are happy that you consider ELS a workplace with open communication!

Found 240 reviews