KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 309 of over 328 reviews

3.5
Equity LifeStyle Properties President and CEO Marguerite Nader
Marguerite Nader
Pros
  • "Great people as well as laid back culture(in 12 reviews)

• "Great company, really nice people(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very low diversity in upper management (almost all white men), high turnover, no defined career path(in 23 reviews)

• "Low pay with terrible health insurance for such a large company(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Culture

Dec 8, 2020 - Regional Property Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity and inclusion. Great place to work.

Cons

Several prolonged processes for daily operations

Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Our team is happy to hear you are having a positive experience and be sure to reach out to our People and Culture team should you have suggestions or concerns in the future.

2. 5.0

Job

Jun 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Payday is always good thing

Cons

Work is very hard and stressful

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you are enjoying your time at ELS. Please direct any questions or concerns to our people and culture team.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Don't talk about it, be about it.

Jun 19, 2021 - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to develop a team on your own. PTO, decent 401K option.

Cons

We talk a good game but we aren't living that life. We continue to have issues with inclusion, unwelcome work practices, cuts in pay, bad raises, bad insurance, mediocre base pay for property level employees and ever changing bad software programs.

2 people found this review helpful

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for writing this review. We are sorry working for ELS has not been satisfactory for you. We at ELS pride ourselves in offering competitive pay and benefits compared to other companies in the industry. Please direct any further questions or concerns to our people and culture team.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great REIT, Great People

May 4, 2021 - Regional Vice President in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company and everyone is working towards the same goal. There are weekly calls where each region discusses what the challenges are and how everyone is overcoming them. There is a lot of built in support. Everyone recognizes the secret to the success of a large corporation is at the site level with the people onsite. Its a great company with good people.

Cons

Its a REIT so there are a lot of reports and a lot of procedures. While its great that in a REIT you can pick up a phone, and speak to a subject matter expert, it also generates a lot of reports and creates a lot of procedures. On the bright end, I have never seen our procedures getting in the way of doing the right thing.

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for this review. We are glad that you are enjoying your employment at ELS. We at ELS pride ourselves in doing the right thing at any cost.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Middle Management Unprofessional

Jun 21, 2021 - Community Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel to new areas and see new places Extensive Trainings that keep up with the latest programs Career Opportunities from within as long as you kiss the right rings

Cons

Management requires you party as hard as they do or you are not a team player Big company with lots of moving parts and corners very slowly so employees with real issues fall between the cracks regularly Gas Lighting issues is a regular practice

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. We are sorry you found your time at ELS unsatisfactory. We are glad you found the travel perks of working for ELS to be a highlight. Please direct any further questions or concerns to our people and culture team.

6. 3.0

Need more of everything

Jun 30, 2021 - Manager in Broomfield, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quite community, Located in good area, Pretty much left alone, deadlines easy to meet,

Cons

Training, pay, atmosphere, not enough work to keep busy, budget almost nonexistent

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry your time at ELS has been unsatisfactory. We at ELS pride ourselves on our company's competitive pay and resources.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

10 + years I was just a number

Jun 11, 2021 - General Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

My core team and employee was like a family and really enjoying working together. Gained experience working with a very large corporate company. Was able to get contractors and contacts for other career paths.

Cons

I’ve been management for over 15 years so I have experience working with corporate company’s. ELS looks for managers that will just say yes and follow orders. Major micromanaging company! When I first started I had great management above me that supported me and showed they cared about me as a team member. Over the years that changed quickly. I was prompted twice early on and built relationships with my leadership and my team to work effectively. Even though I knew I was under paid for my position I continued to put my best effort, that’s who I am and always will be with every position I am in. They took this for granted and would continue to use me with no thank you or appreciation. I use to received commissions for every sale or rental that my sales associate would fully complete. Now manager get just an override of $50 for every sale or rental. Use to be 3% of sales price, every year for the past 5 years the commission would go down. Human Resources has too much power as well when it comes to hiring or promoting employees. They like to say they promote this is not true at all. I had an administrative assistant that would be amazing as a manager. It took my Regional Manager, Vice President and I too send a letter to head of HR to even get them to look at her. Only received a 2% increase for my employees or less for the last 7 years. I wanted to reward my employees for hard work and dedication I was unable to do this. They took away gift cards for employees and if I asked for more of an increase it would get denied. Upper management does not really know what the issues are at each property. If a resident has a major concerns it just get pushed off or back to the team on site to deal with. Even if they don’t have the authority to fix the issues. So nothing changes for the resident. I worked myself to the point where I was discarding my personal well being and health. My family was becoming second to my job. I became very ill and had to have several surgery’s and doctors appointments. I’m salary and was able to work from home but this was not okay even during COVID. They wanted all managers on site even those corporate employee in Tampa office and Chicago could all work from home during this time. My illness was not do to COVID and still was just pushed aside. My direct manager acted like it was okay and that she understood but truthfully she was just frustrated because it created more work for her. If management was allow to actually manage their core teams I’m sure things would be different. That’s if they hired based on experience not based on how cheap they can get managers. Pay scale is way too low for all employees. I had a housekeeper that was my best employees, never late, always showed up working hard. Wonderful woman with a great heart and amazing attitude. She was always happy and gave the best costumer service to current residents and new tenants. When I left she was making $11.75 an hour, not okay at all!! If you are thinking of a position do your research and talk to current team members on site before making your decision.

3 people found this review helpful

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that you have not enjoyed your time at ELS. Please report any concerns to our people and culture team. In addition, we wish you a speedy recovery.

8. 5.0

Awesome company!!!

May 18, 2021 - District Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always a good time! Hard work but worth the time

Cons

Hard work but worth it when you are appreciated

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you are enjoying your time at ELS. We appreciate your hard work. Please reach out to our people and culture team if you have suggestions in the future.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

lacks effort. Due to senior management just is okay to meet the budget

Mar 14, 2021 - Resort Manager in Pacifica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stock Investmet and decent healthcare

Cons

Not understanding the current trend and not believing on the property level management.

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry your time at ELS has been unsatisfactory. We take pride on our competitive healthcare and stock option program. Please direct further questions or concerns to our people and culture team.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Bitter sweet

May 2, 2021 - Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in Manheim, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meet tons of people Good indoor/outdoor balance Moderate to fast paced environment Potential to turn into a career.

Cons

Bad communication between corporate and it's properties Trying to phase out work campers, so the convenience and perks of working there is Dwindling.

Equity LifeStyle Properties Response

Thank you for writing this review. We are glad that you enjoyed your work environment, while at ELS. We are sorry that our company’s direction is not in-line with your ideas for the future

Viewing 1 - 10 of 309 Reviews