Equity LifeStyle Properties 147 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marguerite Nader

Pros
  • Great people and a great business model (in 7 reviews)

• This company, from Corporate to Property level, treat their employees as part of interactive team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tends to give you the run around (in 16 reviews)

• high employee turnover, low pay (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"9 Years and counting"

Pros

I have been with the company for 9 years and love it. I work in a beautiful place and have lots of support from upper management. I am not micromanaged and am allowed to to the job for which I was hired.

Cons

I like working for the company

2. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company Offers many opportunities to advance. Competitive Salary Learning and Development department offers continuous training and support

Cons

do not have anything derogatory to report

3. "Marketing Director"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company culture and talented people working for ELS make it a great place to work. They company really fosters innovation, forward-thinking and autonomy. They encourage testing new ways to drive business, which is different then most companies who feel if it is not broken then it does not need to be fixed. There is a lot of opportunity for those that want to work hard and move up.

Cons

Managing a lot of personalities!

5. "Unique company to work for in a diverse, fun, and growing industry!"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Whether you work in the corporate or regional offices, communities, or campgrounds, the people are the best part about this company. Also, there are so many different career paths the company offers. Every day presents a new set of challenges and no day is the same. It is a truly fun, unique and exciting industry to be in. Outdoor hospitality and MH communities will continue to grow in popularity and profitability for years to come.

Cons

The company's culture is fast moving and some departments wear many hats, so be ready to be super busy and take on a heavier workload than other companies. This doesn't apply to all departments and positions though.

Advice to Management

Management is going in the right direction in every aspect of the company. Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Hospitality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an up and coming company.

Cons

a lot of rules sometimes takes a long time to get new ideas implemented.

Advice to Management

Put a little more trust in the management ability to direct the everyday operations of the resorts to make more decisions.

7. "Outstanding & Engaged Organization"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

I have had the privilege of working for some outstanding leaders and companies over the years. I can say without hesitation that this company has been the most rewarding and has the most engaged, intelligent and compassionate Leaders I've ever worked with. ELS offers a competitive benefits package, training programs and most importantly a respectful, challenging, engaging and fun environment to work in.

Cons

Because we are such a large organization, it would be nice to be able to meet some of our partners who work in our Corporate Chicago office. They are always available by phone, but it would be great to put a face to name. Otherwise, I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You are creating a culture which includes engaged & happy Associates.

"The Corporation Needs to be more hands on & Invest in their future"

Former Employee - Resort Manager
    Former Employee - Resort Manager

Pros

Great benefits, excellent hours - paid vacations and holidays.

Cons

No structure, no help from corporate and no help in improving the properties.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on with your properties, Manager's are getting away with anything and everything. Properties are falling apart, and no money is being reinvested into the properties. Also, company needs to pay their employees what they are worth, and promote from within

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

I love what I do. Micro-management is at a minimum. You have the ability to think and act somewhat freely. Once you've proven you're able to work unsupervised, your opportunities are open.

Cons

Support to staff has somewhat gone to the wayside. There is a strong sense of service but nothing backing it up. The incentives are gone. No carrot to chase plus unreasonable expectations in the off chance a random bonus could be had. Random cuts to pay. No one for some staff to go to for advice on how to handle inner-management issues. Certain employees get a pat on the back when it's the core employees making it happen. The data systems are out dated.

Advice to Management

Treat the low totem poll employees (some have been with the company as long, if not longer) with the same respect as the higher ones. Update the paperwork systems. If you have to crunch numbers and reduce pay, take from non-performance, not true proven performers. This only creates animosity.

10. "Challenging And Rewarding"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Apple Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Apple Valley, CA

Pros

Creative thinking is welcomed. Regional and corporate management encourages and supports ideas to make communities/campgrounds better. Dedication is key. If you enjoy connecting with people and have a desire to celebrate community, this is where you should be. You will be challenged, but the good out weighs the bad.

Cons

Stress must be managed. Occupancy demands can be very challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting property managers and community events.

"Regional Manager"

Pros

I work with a great group of people that enjoy coming to work each day. The company in my opinion, is improving a great deal with employee relations as well as resident relations and service. I think the future of the company is bright. Once you are fully integrated into the organization, you have a pretty stable career with advancement opportunity.

Cons

I feel a little underpaid for the value that I am bringing to the team. I think we could be a little more proactive at times.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on improving employee retention and morale. The longer term employees are the strength of the company and some feel that we are left behind when we add members from the outside that lack experience.