Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Marguerite Nader

"Strengthening partnership efforts"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

most supportive work culture i have ever been a part of, especially with this being my first job! Everyone is professional yet totally fun to be around, also very supportive team!

Cons

less office space; could use expansion but nothing that important

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-07-24

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

High level of support Work Life Balance Freedom to Grow

Cons

Technology needs improvement. Can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Onboarding needs more structure

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-07-24

"Don't believe what they tell you"

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only thing good I can say is The people that worked for me where great

Cons

If your not a VP or above you don't matter.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who do the day to day work. you need to stop the it's my way or the highway attitude.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-07-23

"Impressive combination of consistency and innovation"

Current Employee - District Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

My personal time is valued by my superiors, peers, and direct reports. Team building and customer satisfaction are high priorities and leadership fully comprehends potential impact of success and failure. Everyone strives to consistently improve upon both, with honest dedication to excellence.

Cons

A history of quick and poorly made hires/ promotions has created hardship for team members with ability or high potential. Waiting periods are imposed despite occasions where management level team members are identified but were hired at property level rather than recruited through corporate talent acquisition. This may lead quality employees to seek opportunities elsewhere- a great disadvantage and time drain to all levels of property staff and leadership.

Advice to Management

Note- all of my advice was solicited and well received by HR and senior leaders of ELS, with plans to begin implementing sensible and improved policies, procedures, and advanced operating resources. Leaderships takes a unique round table approach to isolating and prioritizing objectives that repeatedly emerge, indicating significant importance to all roles for employee satisfaction. ELS is aware of aforementioned challenges in retaining talented team members as they work to move up in their career. Processes are being developed to ensure qualified team members feel valued and are provided with personalized, specific, and measurable goals. ELS continues to work toward excellence in employee satisfaction with emphasis on professional growth.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-22

"Collaborative Culture"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful Company with amazing opportunity for growth . Collaborative team environment with amazing support, all ideas are welcomed at any level of the operations team.

Cons

I don’t have any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing .

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-18

"Good company with potential to be great."

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Great new talent has been added throughout the organization, in the senior leadership roles, property level management and property level support members.

Cons

There are a few legacy employees that are resisting the change which causes change to be slow and at times painful. Historically, the HR department is slow to support moving employees out that don't fit the future. While, the stability is great, it really is not the ideal situation for the employee that really needs to go or the person that is trying to impact change or believes in the new direction.

Advice to Management

The vision that the COO has laid out and continues to advocate is being blocked by legacy behaviors. In order to move this company from good to great, the employees that are resisting change need to be moved out faster. As well, there are many practices that occur, because that's how it's always been vs. evaluating what is really necessary vs. what has always occurred.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-05-15

"Wonderful position"

Former Employee - Recreation Director

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to have fun with the guests through play, carnivals, weekends, parties and events.

Cons

I don’t have any cons about this position.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-27

"Ehh."

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-RV parks usually in naturally gorgeous areas and /or near national parks. -Free uniforms

Cons

-low pay -rundown facilities -constant policy changes

Advice to Management

Less moving the goalposts, more coaching employees how to run the ball.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-04-03

"Trailer Park"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Time off accrues fairly quickly.

Cons

The pay is very low and they cut corners. They rig up golf carts to take customers out on that are rusted out and made up of cart parts that they keep in a cart part graveyard. The rats are horrible in the walls of the clubhouses. Management steals sales deals from sales reps. And the big kicker is that they tell you that you will be eligible for 401k and then rip the carpet out from under you by saying "yeah we know we told you that you'd be eligible on X date and now we've decided several months later that we aren't going to give it now".

Advice to Management

Pay better. Don't lie to employees about benefits. Don't steal sales from your sales reps.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-31

"Stable Company, Entrepreneurial Spirit"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, focus on innovation, heavy investment in talent, access to senior leadership who listen to new ideas and lots of opportunities to make a difference!

Cons

The Company runs lean and is going through a period of evolution. This means there's a lot of work to be done and many competing priorities. The upside to this is the ability to make an impact and learn and develop. Only a downside if you aren't looking for a challenge!

Advice to Management

Continue the support and encouragement of your teams as they make ELS and even better place to work.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-13