Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2020

3.7
Equity LifeStyle Properties President and CEO Marguerite Nader
Marguerite Nader

"The campground is a fun & beautiful environment."

Current Employee - Resort Manager in Seaside, OR

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being part of a new wave of leadership within the company who are driven to improve processes as well as product.

Cons

The systems are very antiquated.

Advice to Management

Upon hire there are several immediate online training courses as well as Compass, however I think it would be beneficial to offer training &/or overview videos on systems. Instead of just issuing credentials & expecting that the user will just figure it out.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-15

"Large company with a home feel!"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

The People. ELS is the best in their industry and their people make the difference.

Cons

When I find one, I'll share with my leader. ELS has open communication and responsive to suggestions that foster a better environment.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-11

"Reputable, stable company to work for"

Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large, growing, nationwide company with many opportunities. Be passionate, put in the effort and add value to yourself and the company. Awesome organizational culture that focuses on the customer experience.

Cons

Large corporation with many layers. It can be frustrating but if you accept the challenge, you'll learn how to play the game. Be persistent, build relationships, and be likeable. Many demands that are pushing and pulling you all the time.

Advice to Management

Negotiate a better healthcare rate!

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-02

"This is my career not my job!"

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Tampa, FL

Pros

I have felt welcomed since the moment I walked through the door in the Tampa office. The work environment is fast paced but there is always someone that is willing to help! The company invests in their employees and provides you with the tools you need to succeed. ELS is continuing to grow and I plan on growing with them! If you want a career where you feel appreciated and where you can grow within the company ELS is the company for you. I suggest making it known where your goals are and they will help you reach them. I have had all levels of employees introduce themselves which makes you feel that there is no one too busy to reach out to if you need assistance.

Cons

Since the company is continuing to grow in all aspects there are things that could use a second look. I do feel confident that within the next 2 to 5 years ELS will be light-years farther than they are now.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-02-22

"Company review"

Current Employee - Risk Management in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have recently started and I feel the culture is very welcoming and positive.

Cons

Work from home is not really offered

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-02-21

"Managing People"

Former Employee - General Manager in Cape May Ch, NJ

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Firm identifies as a people oriented company.

Cons

If that were the case they would not have millennial VP’s with no people skills only the ability to count the beans.

Advice to Management

Extend some of your extensive training budget to upper management.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-06
  7. "Trying to get there"

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

I met some really nice people during my time with ELS. Pretty stable company with great stock options. Good 401k. Great CEO.

Cons

Too much going on. Turnover is high, medical benefits expensive and not much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people more and don't be so cheap. Invest in the office space as well. It's depressing.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-02-23

"Great Company"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

Tons of opportunities for those seeking growth.

Cons

Medical premiums could be more competitive

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-01-31

"Worst six months of my professional career..."

Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

*District office location *Yeti travel mug

Cons

*Aggressive senior leadership *Micro-management *Training program *Employee retention *Work/life balance - no boundaries

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-03-03

"OK Company"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good company culture. Lots of changes happening which is good to see and it would only make the company better. Continue to push more collaboration between departments and field employee. Feedback is key for company moral and feel supported. Company is trying and making effort to make it a better place to work and make everyone feel like a team.

Cons

Their health plans are a major disappointment. They provide dismal coverage for mental health, dental, or medical. I paid over $200 month for insurance and still had a huge deductible and barely any coverage. They don't help offsite the cost with no HSA contributions. The company is about 500 to 1 billion in profit and would think there medical plans would be somewhat better and competitive

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to feedback from all sides of the business. Feedback and Collaboration vital in making any company succeed. Happy employees equals better results, productivity and passionate. Invest those profits into employee medical benefits look out for your employees.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-01-30