Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews

Updated April 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great people and a great business model (in 8 reviews)

• This company, from Corporate to Property level, treat their employees as part of interactive team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tends to give you the run around (in 16 reviews)

• high employee turnover, low pay (in 14 reviews)

"Make your own experience!!!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, growth opportunity, stable company and solid leadership, industry leader, challenging work!

Cons

Systems are tough since they do not talk to one another, many layers to work through at times and fast paced environment is difficult sometimes.

Jul 19, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for the positive feedback!

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

401K, paid vacations, holidays, medical insurance

Cons

poor management, operations vs sales, not enough input from the property level, poor hourly wages, changes made in bonus(s), and commissions without proper notice, more work less pay

Jul 19, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. We would like to get more information about your experience so we can look into this matter. Please contact HR at ... More

3. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First and foremost the people. I have developed a lot of good friendships. Secondly, I love what I do. I help people with questions regarding the software they use. Not all are too computer savvy so I have to be gentle with them. They are so appreciative.

Cons

A few but not worthy to mention.

Jul 19, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your employment at ELS.

"It's a job."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time

Pros

I can count on 40 hours a week, a dependable paycheck although pay should be more competitive.

Cons

The software or servers need improvement. It goes down or is slow slow slow even during the summer months which is the off season. You imagine the frustration when trying to check in guest during high season. Guest are stacked 3 deep in the office just trying to check in which should take a few short minutes but when the server is being difficult or freezes, there is nothing you can do but stand and wait for it to catch up. It is the absolute worse part of the job. Also, because managers are salaried, mine comes in late, leaves for a 2 or 3 hour lunch, returns or maybe not. I have never seen my boss work a 40 hour week since Ive been employeed here. Because of this, I am not disgruntled at all. Please do not misunderstand this. But at this point in time, its almost easier for the manager to work part time and stay out of my way and let me do my job... and sometimes hers.

Advice to Management

You are a huge corporation. Put some money into the computer system. Check the IP address, its very easy to see how little managers are working on property.

Jul 19, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Good or bad, we take every review very seriously and would like to get more information about your experience. Please contact HR at ... More

"Stagnant and not future outlook"

Former Employee - Field Support Technician in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Field Support Technician in McKinney, TX

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the people are good tow work with and a great place to start if you plan to leave after a few month for a better job once get foot in the door.

Cons

Lack of vision and more of a reactive environment than a proactive. Every day is working in the problem of the day rather than working to address known future issues. Company has pathetic pay structure for bonus and raises unless you are an executive. Reviews are a joke and count for nothing as managers will write reviews for you and just have you sign them,

Advice to Management

This is not the 20th century. Update and upgrade to modern and get off those old servers and machines and get people who know what they are doing in your network so that the systems are not slow and over loaded because the bean counters dont want to spend money with the resources to actually run the company.

"Property manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential at the properties

Cons

Very inwardly focused; need to focus more on properties and customers

Advice to Management

Listen

8. "Solid company; good people; bright future; opportunity and commitment to improve!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People here are generally very helpful and collaborative. The senior leaders have a demonstrated track record of results and are focusing on areas to keep improving. Is everything perfect? Nope. Is there a lot of good work going on now and plans for the near-term? Yes indeed. Glad I'm here as I see a very bright future.

Cons

It's an entrepreneurial culture so they aren't heavy on consistent processes. It's fine, just be ready to adapt to a focus on getting work done.

Mar 29, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We value all employee feedback and work diligently to foster a positive work environment.

9. "Lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Ocean View, NJ
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Ocean View, NJ

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work
    Good summer gig
    Easy job

Cons

Seasonal job
    No pay raises
    Lay off after summer

Mar 29, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. All of our seasonal positions do eventually end when the parks close but you are welcome to reapply as the season begins. You can also browse our employment page for full ... More

"A. A."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best people come and stay at the property. Create and maintain friendships with many of the guests.

Cons

Upper management is so out of touch it isn't funny. They only care about the all mighty dollar and not the people that work or stay at the property. Try to hire people that have actually shown their dedication other than people from the hotel/motel industry especially since this is not the same thing!

Advice to Management

Get a clue and actually listen to the Administrative Assistants and your Guests. Try being at the properties more than your office.

Mar 29, 2016 – Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear of your frustration. Please feel free to contact Human Resources so we can work on resolving any issues taking place at the property. We can be reached ... More

"So much potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers and guests really show their appreciation for the staffs hard work and dedication. I'll keep coming to work knowing that at least I can bring a smile to some folks faces and and be the difference between a wonderful vacation and boring one.

Cons

No matter how hard you work, it seems your still just digging your own grave. Management makes it feel like, if your not working in the office, your expendable and below them. The pay is definitely not competitive and not on par with the demands of the job. For lower level employees there's really not much upward mobility or even much motivation to go above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Please remind your employees that they are not your servants and although you supervise them by title your also who they look to for leadership and guidance. And please be more wise with the local budgeting. Our properties have so much potential, you just have to recognize and support them.