Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Equity LifeStyle Properties Reviews

Updated Jan 5, 2020

3.7
Equity LifeStyle Properties President and CEO Marguerite Nader
Marguerite Nader

"Lots of Companies Talk the Talk..."

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

...and this company walks the walk. Senior leadership is extremely open to new ideas and welcomes collaboration. Politics takes a backseat to good ideas: the company is hiring quite a bit from both the field and from outside. This fresh blood is helping the company refine its excellent market position.

Cons

The organization could stand to be a bit more upfront about its weaknesses. Also, if you've never worked for a publicly-traded company, the focus on quarterly goals could confound some.

Advice to Management

Keep letting great ideas flourish.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-13

"Dynamic environment; shape your work and see the impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership is investing more in our people and attracting impressive talent! Although the company has been around for a long time, we still have a really entrepreneurial environment. If you see a challenge, take it on, collaborate with others and solve the problem together. While the people work hard, people also know how to have fun and joke around along the way. While we're a large company, we are also small enough to witness the impact of your work. It's remarkable to see when you're making a difference for the business and organization - something rare in companies of this size.

Cons

We could improve our documentation of processes to reduce some confusion.

Advice to Management

Keep the company headed in the right direction continuing to focus on our people!

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-10
  3. "Needs improvement"

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

You're not micro-managed and have the ability to manage your own staff

Cons

Horrible health benefits. A company of this size and they can't do better with health benefits? Compensation and pay raises are minimal! Invest in your employees .

Advice to Management

A company survey went out years ago and nothing happened with it. Zero communication or results from the survey so why even have it?

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-31

"Dissapointed"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and co workers are great

Cons

Its all about the sales and their gain

Advice to Management

I worked for many management companies and have never been cheated out of anything until Equity. I left here with good standing. And now have a bitter taste for what was done recently. I sold a brand new home and stayed on top of my sale. I left the file prepared so that nothing was left behind. I made sure all of my wotk was completed and tgis new home owner of this btand new home i sold was reassured etc. I left gor an emergency to Boston and found out a month later the commission to the home i sold was given to the managers that filled in. I was not credit or given what was rightfully owed to me which i intend to fight. To me that is the most dirtiest thing. Peabody properties in my opinion is the best company to work for and would have never done anything this slimmy.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-09-15

"Great place to have a career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1)No micromanagement. In my years at ELS I have been able to manage my own projects with guidance and help from my supervisor, and no micromanagement. I was encouraged to seek guidance, but I was able to take ownership of my projects. This encouraged my creativity while providing the support needed to be successful. 2) The people. I feel that I have been very lucky in all of my 10+ years here because I have worked with the best people of my career. Before coming to ELS, I worked at 3 other large companies. The people here at ELS have impressed me every day. All of the people I have worked for have inspired me to get to the next level and I learned so much along the way. Also, I had fun doing it which is such a plus! 3)Casual and fun atmosphere. Here at ELS we have casual dress. This just helps to set the tone where you do not have to worry about what wear, within reason of course. This provides a casual atmosphere where you can get down to business and focus on what is important. 4) We are a successful company. It has been a pleasure to work for a growing company and I take pride in knowing that my contribution helped in our growth. 5) Open door policy. Over the years, all of my supervisors have had an open door policy. I was encouraged to come to them with any issues I was having. They left it up to me to determine if I needed extra help with projects or just wanted to vent. This environment helped to make me feel supported. It is now easier for me to set that same tone for my staff, since I have had such great examples.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that, like all large companies, we have deadlines and stressful projects. These projects can result in occasionally working long hours and at times having to tell others news they would rather not hear. The good thing about ELS as it relates to these types of projects, is that you are encouraged to contribute to a solution, own up to your own mistakes and move on to implement that solution.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-01
  6. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture, good communication with management, trainings are regular and professional. Good benefits if you are manager

Cons

Salary are not very high

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-22

"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly collaborative culture with a true open-door policy. This is a company that is taking the time to listen to their employees and to use what they learn to improve and change.

Cons

With a company this size, change takes time. It can also be a challenge to get the word out about programs and opportunities to all members of the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep communication lines open and continue to listen and care about what your employees think.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-07-14
  8. "Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mesa, AZ

Pros

Manager is easy to get along with. 40 hrs a week. FLexible if I have an appointment or such.

Cons

I barely make over minimum wage.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-07-12

"Treat employees awful! No family time all work! You"

Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was great! I loved my residents and most of staff!

Cons

Benefits especially corporate benefits were awful! Corporate HR team is ridiculous don’t trust anyone!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of HR team and start over!

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-08-11

"ELS has been good to me and my Family"

Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Regional Management team has always been supportive and now that Marguerite has taken over, there are TONS of good things happening on the Corporate level!! Love to see the great changes over the last 13 years. Family Life Balance benefits are great, vacation time, paid personal time, paid sick leave, Free Camping Membership to Thousand Trails....

Cons

Health Benefits are expensive and minimal

Advice to Management

Keep the ship heading in the direction that its doing!!! It's a great time to be with ELS!!!

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-06-13