Equity LifeStyle Properties "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Equity LifeStyle Properties Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

3.8
Equity LifeStyle Properties President and CEO Marguerite Nader
Marguerite Nader
Pros
Cons
  • "upper management could use a refresher course in teaching(in 20 reviews)

• "Low pay with terrible health insurance for such a large company(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews

"Registration & store Clerk"

Former Employee - Registration & Store Clerk in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great seasonal opportunities in many areas of experience. Meet great people to work with and visitors. Few permanent, year round career opportunities.

Cons

Low pay for company expectations, therefore you are working with some individuals with questionable work ethics, this can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Provide a competitive wage to workers, both camp workers and local residents.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2014-06-02

"Great Co-workers"

Former Employee - Front Office Staff in Venice, FL

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were great. Worked well as a team.

Cons

Low pay. No raise incentive.

Advice to Management

As with many large corporations, the front line employees voices are overlooked and employee appreciation is none to little.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-09-17

"No growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers and residents to be around

Cons

Low pay with terrible health insurance for such a large company.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-09-09

"Ehh."

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-RV parks usually in naturally gorgeous areas and /or near national parks. -Free uniforms

Cons

-low pay -rundown facilities -constant policy changes

Advice to Management

Less moving the goalposts, more coaching employees how to run the ball.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2019-04-03

"Terrible company to work for!"

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Gautier, MS

I have been working at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have a good vacation plan, you can earn vacation hours and sick hours fast. You have the major holidays off.

Cons

The healthy insurance sucks. It almost doubled after the Healthcare Reform. The hourly employees can barely afford it on the low pay they give you. Speaking of low pay, the amount of work expected is huge compared to what the pay is. The "call center", and I use that term very loosely, in MS is a joke. It's in a 40+ year old building that most likely has asbestos in it. There is an older phone system because being cheap, cheap. The call volume ratio to the employees is insane! HIRE MORE PEOPLE ON THE PHONES! Also the hours are not long enough and a "call center" being closed on saturday and sunday? That's why the call volume is so high on mondays because it's closed on the weekend. You have happy employees, you have happy customers! Too bad they don't care about that and only care about money and buying more run down parks to add to their list. If I could have given zero stars, I would. Out of the jobs I've had in the past, this was by far the worst one. If you want to have a job to use as a transition towards another one, this is it. If you want a long term one, skip this place. The higher ups have been there too long, play favorites and have no clue. Upper Management has been in their position for too long, are stuck in the old ways and do not want to listen to any suggestions to make the work easier. They make excuses when you try to suggest anything. Too many employees that are there that need to be let go but are kept there due to favoritism. These employees contribute almost zero to the work, yet are still employed. There are too many "friends and relatives" that are working here, which makes it hard for the "outsiders" to get anywhere. There is a lot of paper waste, due to older employees not wanting to learn how to use technology and continue to print out everything instead of scanning it into Insite. Make a better work environment for your employees. It's a shame that we have to work in a 40+ year old building, with possible asbestos, dust and mold everywhere, leaky ceiling when it rains, half the stalls in the women's bathrooms do not work and it takes MONTHS to get them fixed. We are the only office that handles the members calls for billing, yet we are treated like dirt by Corporate.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Get your head out of your reports and numbers and look at what's going on at your parks and your call centers. Happy employees = happy customers. It doesn't take that much, just actually stopping and listening to what your employees are having to go through because of your GREED! HIRE MORE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE.!!!! Pay your call center employees in Gautier a better wage, as we are doing 75% of the work for the company and are the first people that the new members speak to after they either buy online or speak to a salesperson. We are also the first ones to get yelled at because of the lies that sales tells them, in order to get them to buy a membership or upgrade.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2018-06-04

"Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Benefits for traveling and camping

Cons

low pay, local management issues

Equity LifeStyle Properties2017-12-05

"Resort Manager"

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties

Pros

Great salaries for managers and upper VP SVP

Cons

low pay for employees, building rundown and in need of repair not enough staff summer or winter

Advice to Management

listen to the onsite manager and staff they know the property the best, raise the low wage for staff 10.00 is not a livable wage

Equity LifeStyle Properties2016-09-29
  8. "Reservations Agent"

Reservations

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties for more than a year

Pros

the coworkers were mostly friendly

Cons

high employee turnover, low pay

Equity LifeStyle Properties2016-08-20

"All the answers you wanna know"

Pros

For the managers the housing is the best thing about it. Pay is average to low for managers the rest of the people have to fight for fair pay benefits suck but they have them. No drug test.

Cons

Low pay micromanage if your in north cali. Under a female regional. Housing is nice because its a mobile home but be careful it doesn't have hidden surprises. Corp. people are very rude. Takes forever to get anything done. Upper management tends to give you the run around.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2016-06-29

"Great work experience , just wish the pay scale matched the work load."

Former Employee - Recreation Director in Hershey, PA

I worked at Equity LifeStyle Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great members at location loved my job! Fun outdoor job. Always something different going on each day fast paced environment at times.

Cons

Very low pay scale and multiple jobs end up on everyone because of under staff and too many restrictions on property manager with regards to budget etc.

Advice to Management

Rethink your pay scale, lower management is relied upon heavily but not compensated at the same level. Your over turn is high because of this and the quality of employee ends up being lower because of pay scale. I would have never left if not for that.

Equity LifeStyle Properties2015-10-13