Equity One Reviews | Glassdoor

David R. Lukes

1. "Grat Culture"

Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Equity One full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture and team
    Great place to have worked

Cons

Sometimes long hours are necessary

"Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Equity One (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great, fun culture, especially for the real estate space! The Executive Team is smart, approachable and inclusive and they set the tone for the rest of the Company. There's opportunity for advancement and since the company is relatively small (150 people) you can get involved in a lot of different things, across a variety of departments. EQY is a company that values hard work and the people behind it- you will most definitely be recognized and praised for doing a great job.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con, but EQY is definitely more corporate. If you are looking for a company that you can wear jeans and a t-shirt every day, this is not the place for you (although I doubt you would have that at any REIT!).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Excellent Real Estate Company"

Current Employee - National Tenant Account Coordinator in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - National Tenant Account Coordinator in Miami, FL

I have been working at Equity One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Equity One for 6 years and I have been able to grow with the company. I am always learning and dealing with new people. My managers are great and are always willing to help. Work/life balance is really valued and when emergencies arise, I have flexible work hours, meaning I can take my laptop and work from home. It's a fun environment, we have qtrly happy hours, employee luncheons, end of the year party, etc... Equity One has an open door policy and I always have someone who I can depend on.

Cons

This industry can be stressful and we have to work extra hours at times, but it never goes without recognition.

Advice to Management

Please continue listening to the employees and their suggestions. Over the past few years we have gone through some changes with management but I have only seen positive outcomes from those changes.

5. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Equity One (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family environment, quarterly luncheons, company picnic

Cons

No work-life balance, salary increases, no advancement

Advice to Management

Award those who have put in the work instead the top getting heavier and the rest is being left behind.

"A changing environment"

Current Employee - Finance in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Miami, FL

I have been working at Equity One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at EQY for over five years. There has been a lot of change over that time; however, I feel that current management is making the improvement of the culture a priority. They have implemented 4:00 pm Fridays, happy hours, community outreach, and other activities to improve morale and make it a great place to work. It is a team oriented environment.

Cons

As with most publicly traded companies, the hours can be long at quarter and year end but this is expected when you are in the finance field.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the employees.

7. "Overloaded with work"

I have been working at Equity One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous part time off, flexible hours, good benefits including 401k. Other than that I can't think of anything.

Cons

Everyone seems very overworked with no real appreciation from upper management. Policies change with little communication. The amount of paperwork created and wasted is embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Hire the correct amount of people in order to get the work done instead of eliminating positions.

8. "Good."

Pros

Benefits, distance from home, time off, employees, salary.

Cons

Management, employee morale, perks, training, hours.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Warning: Don't do it."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Equity One (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great prizes at the annual holiday party. Other than that there aren't much pros.

Cons

They do not promote from within. They are big on micro managing and adding more work on overloaded employees. There is no room for mistakes even with their policies that change all the time and aren't effective. The people that work there are all fake and pretend to like you. The staff is rude and they treat you like crap. The pay and raises suck. They don't give the annual bonuses until after the holidays which most people depend on for the holidays. They have a high turn over. Oh and the person who gave the 5 star review is the human resources director of course she is going to give a good review. But look at her comment. It is all about how they grow their business. ..I'm sorry all I hear is money money money. They don't care about their employees and the employees are all to scared to say anything because they might lose their job. They claim to be a green company but they waste more paper on their stupid policies that don't work.

Advice to Management

A little bit of appreciation goes a long way. Positive feedback helps. Try holding onto employees. Give a bonus before the holidays. Stop the negative micro managing and the rude people who think they are big crap. Stop all the unnecessary paperwork. Realize that no one is perfect. Hire more staff so we are actually getting paid for one person job.

10. "Great Pay"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Miami, FL

I worked at Equity One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with the opportunity to grow. Management was very knowledgeable, pretty decent benefits. Company created events to boost morale to keep employees.

Cons

Time there wasn't much flexibility in regards to personal life/emergencies. Tight deadlines with heavy workload that was meant for multiple people. Paperwork heavy without very efficient systems to make the job easier.

"Pretty good start, didn't end well."

I worked at Equity One full-time

Pros

Time-off policy was lenient and they allowed flex hours.

Cons

People were promoted when they didn't really have the management or people skills.