Cover image for Equity Residential

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Equity Residential Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Equity Residential and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great place

Nov 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, professional work place

Cons

Great place to work in

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with Equity! We are happy to have you on our team. Thank you for adding into the company culture and team dynamic!

2. 5.0

Great Company and Great People

Oct 28, 2021 - Community Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The platforms and programs that Equity has invested in are forward thinking, efficient and add to their value. I do not spend hours running reports to share information with corp personnel. The people I work with are some of the best in the business. Equity encourages their employees to be themselves and senior leaders are very supportive. The pay is fair (not bad/not great). The benefits are great.

Cons

Working with a lot of great people makes it a very difficult place to promote. Equity sold many communities in suburban areas which now means to move up, I would also need to move to an urban area. The staffing module is thin. Unfortunately, if someone is out or leaves it is difficult to maintain the same level of service or productivity.

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking time to review your time with Equity! You have mentioned so many great points, both pros and cons. We are so happy to hear that you’ve been “enjoying the ride” and feel supported and heard in your role as an employee and working with a team. Equity is going through to assess hiring constantly. We do our best to retain top talent and bring in external talent so that we can share what Equity has to offer in all things property management. With that, we are also always looking for areas to acquire and build new properties - whether suburban or urban areas. We appreciate your tenured time with us and hope that you continue to see “the glass half full”!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The best in the industry

Aug 2, 2021 - Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits, good working environment, I love the culture of inclusivity where you are respected, heard and valued as a person. Today is my 19th years with Equity and I am planning to stay for another 19 years if I could.

Cons

I don't really have the "cons" except work can be challenging at times especially during summer months but very rewarding once you accomplish the tasks, managing the work and time is the key, never let the work manage you if you want a work-life balance.

Operations Specialist

Happy 19th Equiversary! We are so grateful for you and the time that you’ve been with us! Your review is such a high compliment and a reflection of the work that you’ve done to create a company culture of inclusiveness. Your industry knowledge of the busier times of the year are also something that doesn’t go unnoticed and we appreciate your willingness to ride the wave of chaos during certain times of the year. Thank you for being a part of the Equity Family.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall

Aug 18, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. Benefits are great.

Cons

Pay should be a bit better

Operations Specialist

We appreciate you visiting our page and sharing your thoughts - we definitely agree that Equity Residential is a great company to work for! With that being said, please know that we have a team dedicated to constantly reviewing our compensation ranges and benefits offerings, to ensure we’re staying competitive within the industry. Again, thank you for your feedback!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Company + Benefits

Jul 27, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Employee events Promotes from within

Cons

Not super flexible with company policies

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Equity's Just like family!

Apr 1, 2021 - Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been an employee with equity over ten years and I got to say a great company with great benefits. And the People are awesome. I have built lifetime friendships through Equity. Equity has an awesome training program/department and great support system/group.

Cons

I can't really find any cons, it's been positive so far that's why I stay!

1 person found this review helpful

Operations Specialist

We love to hear that your colleagues have become like family! Equity works hard to create a fun working environment where friends become family. We are glad to hear you appreciate our benefits and training opportunities, and are glad you are part of our Equity family! Thank you for the review!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

Oct 20, 2020 - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love equity! It’s a tough time right now and Equity is doing everything they can to help and step in, providing us with extra emergency sick time, providing the necessary sanitation on site and showing us how much they value us! The benefits are great, flexibility in schedule is good, management is extremely supportive and I love this company.

Cons

It’s a tough time right now! It’s stressful on-site but higher mngmt is showing their support and making it known that they appreciate us. Happy to have a job during this tough time. Honestly, not many cons except it is hard to get into a CM role. Once your there you are definitely supported.

1 person found this review helpful

Operations Specialist

Your kind words are so appreciated - thank you for your positive energy and feedback! We’ve been working hard to find new ways to support our amazing team members during this challenging time, and ensure a safe and clean work environment. We will continue to look for opportunities to show our appreciation to our employees and welcome your feedback and suggestions!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company overall

Feb 2, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great. They have not laid off an employee during the pandemic, so the job security is positive. Good work-life balance.

Cons

There is very little room for growth. As people leave, the positions get eliminated. They have begun to merge communities to share the same manager which increases the work load and reduces the promotion opportunities.

Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review! We do test out different business models from time to time, which can create more growth opportunities for some positions than others. Please reach out to your Community Manager or Regional Manager to talk about opportunities for development and engage them in that conversation!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to Work

Mar 15, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers Lots of support Opportunity for learning and advancement Great benefits Management listens and cares about what is important to employees

Cons

Sometimes they do not get information out to community's in a timely manor.

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad you love our teams as much as we do! Your feedback about communication and being proactive is appreciated. We try to be thoughtful and communicative, and will continue to strive for excellence!

10. 4.0

Great company

Feb 4, 2021 - Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very diverse, Amazing Service Teams, Great Benefits

Cons

Too many meetings and huddles, some communities office and service don't work as a team

Operations Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and for highlighting our diversity initiatives, competitive benefits packages and best Service teams ever - we couldn’t agree more! As an organization that encourages our 10 Ways, we want to ensure that we’re “Sharing the Knowledge”, as well as creating an environment where our teams can “Question Authority'' and share feedback. While this does result in weekly Huddles and additional meetings at times, we feel that the information discussed is beneficial to all of our employees. We would like to hear more about your accountability concerns, and invite you to reach out to the local HR Director at (424) 732-4230 to further discuss.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews