KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Equity Residential

Engaged Employer

Equity Residential

Add a Review

Equity Residential Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Oct 15, 2020

Found 47 of over 745 reviews

4.3
Equity Residential President and CEO Mark Parrell
Mark Parrell
Pros
  • "Great Benefits & Professional Staff(in 47 reviews)

• "great pay, positive work-life balance, easy going work environment(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Also upper management in Chicago is super all boys club with very little diversity with women or people of color(in 41 reviews)

• "Not much of a work/life balance(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Equity Residential and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great place to build your career

Apr 13, 2020 - Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a place where leadership cares and where teams and care about each other. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else during this COVID19 crisis. Everyone has responded thoughtfully to take care of both the customers and team members. The sophisticated operating platform has made it easier to operate in difficult times. We also have great benefits which were increased even more during COVID 19 when everyone was awarded another 160 hours of paid time to deal with any personal issues or if we choose to self quarantine. Thanks Equity!

Cons

Property management can be busy and stressful

Operations Specialist

What a heartwarming review! Thank you so much; we agree that Equity has had a thoughtful approach to our current conditions. At the core of this company are our teams who care about people - their teammates, residents, and vendors, just to name a few groups. Our employees are valued and deserve to be supported during this time and always. Thank you for all that you are doing to support your team and residents as well.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits and hourly wage

Oct 15, 2020 - Service Technician in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work/great benefits and team

Cons

Hard to move up within the company

2 people found this review helpful

Operations Specialist

Thank you for your tenure with us! We do take performance very seriously and encourage managers to be giving regular and consistent feedback, as opposed to waiting until the end of year review. Growth can look differently for each person, and we have a variety of training and development offerings for employees to continue to grow in their career. We do know that there is always room for us to grow as a company too, so we appreciate the feedback and wish you the best of luck!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

My 6 month mark!

Jan 10, 2020 - Community Manager in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have many resources at your fingertips that help with the development of this career and or growth within the company. You get a chance to work with amazing colleagues. Great benefits!

Cons

Honestly I have none.

Operations Specialist

Happy 6 monthiversary to you! We are so glad to hear that your introduction to our company has been so positive, and that you have felt supported by our training resources and the fantastic team members around you. We also really appreciate your suggestion about creating more opportunities for our Maintenance teams to connect as a larger group. We couldn’t agree more about the importance of their contributions, and we will share this suggestion with leadership. Thank you again, and we can’t wait to see where you take your Equity career!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

BEST COMPANY

Feb 11, 2020 - Maintenance Technician in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, pay and love team

Cons

Need more overtime’s and somewhat of a good delegation

Operations Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts; thank you! We’re also happy to hear that you’re taking advantage of the fantastic benefits that Equity has to offer. While we certainly understand that there are instances in which overtime may be necessary, we also want to foster and encourage a culture of work life balance. In an effort to minimize the need to stay after an employee’s regular shift has ended, we regularly review processes, materials and resources provided to our service teams, and appropriate staffing coverage at each specific community. Additionally, our service team leaders participate in training classes that address topics like time management, efficiency, and delegation. We value your feedback and would encourage you to share your concerns with your current manager and/or your local HR team.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for!

Aug 30, 2019 - Leasing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-competative hourly pay -great benefits -work/life balance conscious company -amazing employees -amazing management -multiple properties within the company -multiple ways to be trained and programs in place for advancement and career wellbeing

Cons

-commissions could be more competitive -advancement can be scarce at times. But might be with all companies. Just have to be patient for the right opportunity

Operations Specialist

Hello, and thank you so much for this fantastic review! We are thrilled to hear everything you listed in your “pros,” and are also appreciative of the feedback you shared as cons and advice. We encourage you to keep leveraging our training resources and your mentors in your ongoing personal development, and keep raising your hand for more assignments or responsibilities; we know that advancement takes patience and there are often disappointments along the way, but with your positive attitude, we’re sure your persistence will pay off! Keep up the great work, and we can’t wait to see how far you’ll go!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Live Remarkably

Nov 1, 2019 - Leasing Consultant in Chino Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits & Professional Staff!

Cons

I Love Working on Equity's Team!

Operations Specialist

A high-five to you for your five-star review! We’re thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the ride, and look forward to many more years of success together.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

From Job to Career

Jul 15, 2019 - Community Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive leaders, friendly co-workers and an overall great place to work. The company offers great benefits, in house training and even an accelerated programs to help you reach your personal goals.

Cons

Long periods of low turn over so patience is a virtue.

Operations Specialist

Hello, and many thanks for your inspiring review! We’re so glad that you have found a rewarding and fulfilling career here at Equity, and grateful to you for your years of tenure and leadership. Here’s to many more years of growing together!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Company with Character, Values, and the BEST People

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Equity is a company with excellent leadership, impressive succession planning, great benefits, phenomenal training, and core values we can all be proud to share. Employees are all given opportunities to stretch beyond their roles through avenues such as becoming a new employee coach, serving on the Values Council, or participating in special pilots and cross-functional project teams. But when it comes down to it, the people and the culture at Equity are what it’s all about for me. I’ve held multiple positions, both field and corporate roles, and even relocated with the company, and my experience has been consistent throughout my 13-year career. I feel appreciated and supported by team members and supervisors, I feel heard, I have seen my ideas turn into reality, and I feel challenged every day. And in the time I have been here, I have worked with the best, most hardworking people I have ever met — many who I am lucky to call true friends. People here are smart, dedicated, and genuine. They bend over backwards for their customers and for each other, and they do hard work, with schedules and customers that are often challenging — but they do it because they truly love to serve others. When you put a bunch of people together who live to make someone’s else’s day better and who thrive in an environment where they get to be helpful and where being kind is a job requirement, that makes for a pretty great work environment. I’m a firm believer that Equity’s core values and the way we do business attracts the best people. The talents of our workforce combined with thoughtful, down to earth, and forward-thinking leadership, a collective desire to innovate, and best in class technology ensure that Equity will continue to grow and be successful well into the future.

Cons

As other reviewers have said, some of the things that make Equity so successful are the same things that can also cause frustration. As a publicly traded company, the reality is that all decisions have to be made with an eye on the bottom line, as they are bound to face scrutiny from the board and shareholders. That means we have to go through checks and balances with (at times lengthy) approval processes, that we run lean, and we often feel like we’re trying to do more with less. If you love having a full plate and testing your limits — and can set boundaries that allow you to forgive yourself at the end of the day when you didn’t get to everything on your list — then you will love it here as much as I do. But this company isn’t for everyone. We work hard, we work fast, and while we do celebrate achievements, we do so without missing a beat, getting right back to work to figure out how we can top ourselves next. We have a collective sense of pride in the fact that we work so hard here, which might be a mindset we should question to an extent. But at the same time, this is a part of what I love: I’m surrounded every day by people who are working hard to make this company better, who take pride in their work, and who will always be there to answer a question or lend advice, even when their plates are already overflowing. Being immersed in that level of work ethic and expectations pushes me to my limits at times, but it is also inspiring to me, and has made me a better employee and leader.

1 person found this review helpful

Operations Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive, candid, and constructive feedback. We couldn't agree more with all of the positive things you have shared, and we are so appreciative of you sharing your perspective about the things that you see as a challenge here as well. We certainly can recognize and relate to all that you have shared, and take it all to heart in our ongoing quest for awareness and improvement. Thank you for your engagement, commitment, and tenure; we are so glad to hear that you are motivated by even the very things you noted as challenges, and we are committed to continuing to explore the areas of opportunity in an effort to ensure many more years of working collaboratively together!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

May 31, 2019 - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for sales growth.

Cons

Meeting sales goals are not always a simple as it should be.

Operations Specialist

Thanks so much for the five-star review! We’re thrilled that your first year at Equity has gone so well and that you see opportunity for growth. Thank you also for your feedback regarding sales goals. We are always open to suggestions on how to improve, so please be sure to share your questions and ideas with your CM and RM. We love hearing from you!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Equity has it’s ups and downs

Jun 12, 2019 - Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Job Has Great Benefits

Cons

There Happens To Be A Few Service Managers That Are Horrible Communicators, Lack Understanding, And Self Centered

2 people found this review helpful

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad to hear that our benefits met your needs, but sorry to hear about your experience with some of your managers. We are always striving to improve our training in order to help our leaders improve, and we assure you that your feedback is heard and that we will continue to commit to this goal. We wish you the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews