Equity Residential "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Equity Residential Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 1, 2019

4.3
Equity Residential CEO Mark Parrell
Mark Parrell
Pros
Cons
  • "Also upper management in Chicago is super all boys club with very little diversity with women or people of color(in 40 reviews)

• "Work life balance continues to be a struggle(in 31 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Live Remarkably"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits & Professional Staff!

Cons

I Love Working on Equity's Team!

Equity Residential2019-11-01
  2. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-competative hourly pay -great benefits -work/life balance conscious company -amazing employees -amazing management -multiple properties within the company -multiple ways to be trained and programs in place for advancement and career wellbeing

Cons

-commissions could be more competitive -advancement can be scarce at times. But might be with all companies. Just have to be patient for the right opportunity

Equity Residential2019-08-30
  3. "From Job to Career"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive leaders, friendly co-workers and an overall great place to work. The company offers great benefits, in house training and even an accelerated programs to help you reach your personal goals.

Cons

Long periods of low turn over so patience is a virtue.

Equity Residential2019-07-16

"Equity has it’s ups and downs"

Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Equity Residential full-time

Pros

The Job Has Great Benefits

Cons

There Happens To Be A Few Service Managers That Are Horrible Communicators, Lack Understanding, And Self Centered

Equity Residential2019-06-13
  5. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity for sales growth.

Cons

Meeting sales goals are not always a simple as it should be.

Equity Residential2019-05-31

"A Company with Character, Values, and the BEST People"

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Equity is a company with excellent leadership, impressive succession planning, great benefits, phenomenal training, and core values we can all be proud to share. Employees are all given opportunities to stretch beyond their roles through avenues such as becoming a new employee coach, serving on the Values Council, or participating in special pilots and cross-functional project teams. But when it comes down to it,... the people and the culture at Equity are what it’s all about for me. I’ve held multiple positions, both field and corporate roles, and even relocated with the company, and my experience has been consistent throughout my 13-year career. I feel appreciated and supported by team members and supervisors, I feel heard, I have seen my ideas turn into reality, and I feel challenged every day. And in the time I have been here, I have worked with the best, most hardworking people I have ever met — many who I am lucky to call true friends. People here are smart, dedicated, and genuine. They bend over backwards for their customers and for each other, and they do hard work, with schedules and customers that are often challenging — but they do it because they truly love to serve others. When you put a bunch of people together who live to make someone’s else’s day better and who thrive in an environment where they get to be helpful and where being kind is a job requirement, that makes for a pretty great work environment. I’m a firm believer that Equity’s core values and the way we do business attracts the best people. The talents of our workforce combined with thoughtful, down to earth, and forward-thinking leadership, a collective desire to innovate, and best in class technology ensure that Equity will continue to grow and be successful well into the future.

Cons

As other reviewers have said, some of the things that make Equity so successful are the same things that can also cause frustration. As a publicly traded company, the reality is that all decisions have to be made with an eye on the bottom line, as they are bound to face scrutiny from the board and shareholders. That means we have to go through checks and balances with (at times lengthy) approval processes, that we... run lean, and we often feel like we’re trying to do more with less. If you love having a full plate and testing your limits — and can set boundaries that allow you to forgive yourself at the end of the day when you didn’t get to everything on your list — then you will love it here as much as I do. But this company isn’t for everyone. We work hard, we work fast, and while we do celebrate achievements, we do so without missing a beat, getting right back to work to figure out how we can top ourselves next. We have a collective sense of pride in the fact that we work so hard here, which might be a mindset we should question to an extent. But at the same time, this is a part of what I love: I’m surrounded every day by people who are working hard to make this company better, who take pride in their work, and who will always be there to answer a question or lend advice, even when their plates are already overflowing. Being immersed in that level of work ethic and expectations pushes me to my limits at times, but it is also inspiring to me, and has made me a better employee and leader.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. There are many common themes shared here in the reviews, even the positive ones from highly engaged employees, about what they need more of. Even when there are valid business reasons for decisions, there is still always an opportunity to better communicate those reasons to employees. Bridge the gap between corporate and field by making sure the two groups hear the same messages and... have an opportunity to learn about the work the other is doing. Make sure that the good news is widely shared, that big decisions and announcements make it out to the field quickly and thoroughly, and that people are given time to celebrate accomplishments.

Equity Residential2019-01-13
  7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Associate Corporate Sales Representative in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Equity Residential full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We have flexible schedules with great benefits

Cons

They no longer have apartment communities in Kansas City

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time

Equity Residential2018-09-28

"Great Company issues with Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Equity Residential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked at Equity almost 5 years, Great Benefits, 401 K, medical, dental, Awesome Events for Employees Great advancements opportunities.

Cons

Untrustworthy managers and inappropriate items dealt with HR,needed distance.

Advice to Management

RMs keep an eye on your managers .

Equity Residential2018-10-07
  9. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Equity Residential

Pros

Great work environment and great benefits. The Equity team and community are all wonderful people that have worked here for numerous years. Very easy transitioning process.

Cons

Not much to talk about for cons

Equity Residential2018-08-08
  10. "Good company, great health benefits, could be better"

I have been working at Equity Residential full-time

Pros

Great benefits package, easy to accomplish health driven incentives. They practically throw vacation days at you, all be it a little randomly

Cons

Occasional poor decision making, ruling from a distance without seeing what's going at individual locations. They also claim to want and even encourage employees to live on properties, but the discount is far too small for the price of our market, and the pay too low to make a difference. We are also not immune to rent increases (my increase for the year on rent, which I already needed a live in girlfriend and... additional roommate to afford, was 300+ a month more) or immune to the penalty for breaking a lease if we need to move out.

Advice to Management

Biggest thing is employees living on site. Bigger discount, or at least no yearly increase, or a much smaller increase.

Equity Residential2018-08-06