Cover image for Equity Residential

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Equity Residential Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 4, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Equity Residential and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great team

Jul 22, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication with upper management / corporate team. Confident in having opportunities to develop and grow.

Cons

Maintenace should get paid more

Operations Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to review your time so far with Equity in our Denver Market! We find that communication is key in all roles and levels and are grateful that you’ve recognized this. We also are having regular conversations regarding pay competitiveness and appreciate you looking out for our maintenance team members. We will definitely keep up the great communication and transparency, and look forward to you continuing to enjoy the ride with us!

2. 5.0

Great Company - Greater People

Apr 2, 2021 - Community Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are too many great things to mention when talking about working at Equity Residential. My peers are amazing, incredibly smart and supportive! The benefits are better than I have had anywhere! I especially appreciate knowing this company operates on DOING THE RIGHT THING! There is a lot of focus on employee and resident engagement. Senior leaders are making smart decisions and our company is thriving. Additionally, senior leaders ask for feed back and genuinely listen and take action.

Cons

There is a lot of work. However, you are supported and given all the resources you need to complete your responsibilities. Not a lot of opportunity to move into upper management. That is because NO ONE wants to leave! This is a "con" for those wanting to promote to leadership roles but speaks very highly about what this company does to keep it's employees!

Operations Specialist

Wow - what a great review! Thank you for taking time to chat about Equity and your ride so far. Our leadership teams are constantly working to make sure our teams have the support that is needed. Team members like yourself make Equity the great company that it is today! We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to “Enjoy the Ride”!

3. Join the Equity Residential team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company to start off with.

Oct 4, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of support from management -competitive pay -Upper management willing to receive feedback

Cons

-TERRIBLE work/life balance -Leasing Consultants do many things outside of job description

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We’re so glad that you feel supported in your role. Certainly, Leasing Consultants wear many hats and this is why we value our “One Team” philosophy - we know how hard you work! Your comment about work/life balance is certainly not what we strive for. Please reach out to your local HR Director with feedback on how we could be doing better as a company there.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Almost 5 years and still enjoying the ride!

Apr 2, 2021 - Community Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Equity Residential has created a work culture that feels like home. From upper management the transparency of all aspects of the business being shared with all employees is always comforting. During the pandemic Equity Residential quickly adjusted and put protocols in place that supported the safety of us employees and our residents. Our company continuously shares different ways to save money on our benefits. The company always welcomes questions authority that’s creates growth and a feeling of inclusiveness from all.

Cons

Not many promotion opportunities due to low turnover.

Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your feedback and are so glad that you feel like Equity is a place that you can thrive - that is our company purpose - creating communities where people thrive! Transparency and communication is key when navigating change, especially during trying times, and we are glad to hear that you recognize the efforts being made. We value your contributions and thank you for being a part of the Equity Team!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing work place

Jul 22, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for, good upper management. great leadership qualities

Cons

Sometimes working the weekend was boring. Wish they would do different hours on Sunday

Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your time with Equity Residential. We are happy to read that you had good leaders and you enjoyed the company! Thanks for your feedback about staffing on the weekend - we are always looking for opportunities to better our customer and employee experience

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Transparency from the top all the way down

Jan 11, 2021 - Service Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management puts an emphasis on explaining the decisions that are made at the corporate level. I feel like there's a reason for every policy. Whether or not I agree, I always know the why behind the what.

Cons

The nature of the job makes it impossible to work in a bubble. Service team members are Essential. We worked throughout the beginning of the pandemic. And continue to work every day. I worry about my safety and the safety of my family.

Operations Specialist

We appreciate your dedication to our residents, and understand that these are difficult times to navigate through. Please know that we take the safety of our employees very seriously and are adhering to all federal, state, and local guidelines related to Covid-19. As you mentioned, we are considered an essential business; while there are times in which our teams have to respond to emergency situations, we are working hard on offering alternative solutions to other in person service team responses through virtual platforms such as videos for our residents, as well as troubleshooting conversations via phone and email. If you have any questions regarding how a certain situation or service call should be responded to, please reach out to your Community Manager or Regional Facilities team for guidance. Thank you for all that you do.

8. 5.0

Love Equity, Equity Loves You Back

Dec 21, 2020 - Community Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits - fair compensation, feels like upper management is transparent. Has been moving towards becoming more inclusive, listening to black voices and including trans folks into our conversations. Most corp employees and upper level employees have been very open to sharing knowledge and mentoring. I've literally reached out to people I barely know to ask to be mentored about what they do and how to improve in certain skills, and each time they happily arrange a time to work with me. I have put in a lot of time with this company, and part of that was because, especially when I first started, I didn't have the privilege of being able to just quit and get a different job. I know that's a weird concept but being able to just quit a job is a privilege. I decided at one point that i wanted my career to be here (there are some extraordinary scenarios where i would leave, but it involves my in-laws moving to Nicaragua tbh) so I started looking for new ways to be more successful and grow. Not just move up, but make meaningful moves that help me. I'm ranting at this point, but really, this company loves you back.

Cons

work/life balance can be difficult to achieve with business needs especially in the Seattle area as we work with really small teams so getting coverage can be difficult. This is more true for LCs. Corp positions are few and far between (naturally) but what makes it more difficult when they come available is that they are usually based in Chicago. Not that I would't consider relocating, but some positions can be done inn any of the markets with virtual meetings etc. Thats even more apparent now that we've done everything virtually for the last year lol.

Recruiter

10 Years on the Equity Team! We love it and are so happy to have you! As you are aware, we strive to communicate effectively with all teams across the nation and create a sense of community with not only residents but employees. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working at Equity and appreciate the feedback!

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Equity

Jul 28, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent hours Opportunity to earn flexible commission Health Benefits Ability to communicate frequently with upper management

Cons

You have to secure a lot of leases for commission to be worth it

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best big company I have ever worked for

Jan 31, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have a fantastic boss and the upper management really cares about the diversity and inclusiveness of everyone across the board. Equity has shown me time and time again what a successful, GOOD, fair company can look like. They offer good benefits and people that are available to talk to whenever you need help. Everyone is super friendly.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of any at the moment

Operations Specialist

What a compliment! We pride ourselves on being a big company with a small company feel! Thank you for your time and hard work with us.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

May 11, 2021 - Senior Real Estate Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and most teams work very well together. Great support from Chicago

Cons

Upper management too involved in small details

Operations Specialist

We love to hear that you appreciated the company culture and that the team dynamic worked well for you! Thank you for taking time to review the company and we wish you the best!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews