Equity Staffing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Computer Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Computer Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Equity Staffing has an excellent and caring staff. I had to leave the country to assist to my mother's funeral and Equity Staffing understood my situation and they covered a whole week of absence. Equity Staffing cares about the employees and makes sure the person is happy with the job they are performing. I will personally rate this company as the top company to work for. Thanks Equity and Mani for all the support I received during hard times.

Cons

There are no downsides working for Equity, the staff are professional and friendly.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to give to management.

"Recruiter"

I worked at Equity Staffing Group full-time

Pros

Team was positive and hard working group of individuals.

Cons

Leaders set an expectation to stop in the office during weekends.
    Expectation to maintain mandatory in office hours before 8 am and until 6 pm.
    Empty promises to promote from within the company during interview process and during initial months upon hire, while new employees without industry experience or company experience are hired for the promoted roles.
    Benefits are non existent in regards to retirement; insurance barely meets the statutory government limitations requirements, with high premiums.
    No respect to a maintaining a lifestyle outside the office.
    Employee with longest tenure is 11 months.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Equity Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team members but nobody sticks around

Cons

Stressful environment with high turnover, very metrics driven

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they have the keys to keeping people around

"Great Company and People"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Equity for over 3 years now and have worked with the founders for 10+ years. Equity is a great place to grow your career and to grow financially. I've been in the Staffing industry for over 12 years and they have the strongest commission structure I have seen.

Cons

Just like any staffing organization, it takes hard work to be successful. The payoff is there if you work hard

Advice to Management

Continue to bring the right people and the company will take off!

5. "Denver Review"

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing my career.

What I put in is what I reap and I have witnessed benefits of hard work.

If I need something, I can ask for it and it is delivered quickly.

Experience in the leadership ranks has put me on a path to success

Cons

Some growing pains, but that is to be expected. No company has all of the answers.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people that want to work hard and they will give that back ten fold.

"Good company for temp work"

Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Data Entry Operator in Hartford, CT

Pros

Always paid me on time, rep was very responsive even though she worked half way across the country

Cons

Low pay, assigned was less than 6 months

"Equity Overview"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Having been in the Staffing Industry for 6+ years now (with 4 different companies) I am truly lucky to have landed at Equity. Everyone within the organization from our Senior Leadership to our Back Office employees are on the same page and share the same vision. I love the go-getter/do-what-it-takes attitude that everyone in the office shares. Many other agencies I have been with have a cut-throat environment that you can tell have had a negative impact on many employees. Leading a lot of times to high turnover rates within this industry. Although we are all competitive, we have a great office structure/environment and have the ability to make a difference within the multiple markets we are currently in. Not to mention we are rapidly expanding! Knowing that this will be the company I remain with for the foreseeable future, that gives me a great level of comfort and excitement for the coming year! I cant wait to see where we go and look forward to making a further impact within the staffing industry.

Cons

This company was built on a strong work ethic. Having said that, this industry isnt for everyone. If you are looking for a 9-5, monotonous job, Equity isnt the place for you. We work hard, make a difference and celebrate our successes.

"Proud of My Career Decision!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Equity for 9 months and I feel like I'm valued as if I joined the organization 5+ years ago. I was given the opportunity to be a Recruiter with Equity and I had zero staffing experience prior to interviewing. It concerns me that there are so many negative reviews on Glassdoor in regards to this company. I am not the type of person to sugar coat things--I'm a realist. Background checks, drug screens, etc. They do work on an honor system and it's all about proving your value. It's the employee(s) that didn't reach for their full potential, offer advice for a growing company and bring in the profit, who are sour. This industry isn't for everyone. I want all of my friends to work with me and reap the benefits of this AWESOME company, BUT work ethic is key. I don't put in 60 hours a week, because I work smart; not hard. I make my schedule and the time that I put in reflects on my check. The leadership makes you feel like you own a part of Equity. Not that they own you. It takes an entrepreneurial mindset, dedication and the drive to EARN a lot of cash! Honestly, that isn't easy to find. Yes- paid lunches, happy hours and trips are a token of appreciation. If you aren't constantly checking your emails, networking and thinking about possible accounts when you're out of the office, then you probably won't be successful here. The right individual shouldn't need to be micromanaged and it doesn't happen here. Take accountability for your own performance and don't be too proud to ask for advice. Employee development has to start with you wanting to accept it. I left a high salary/commission managerial position for a much lower base pay at Equity and I was 110% confident that it was the right decision. 9 months in, I have earned the company almost $80,000 in gross profit from my recruitment of quality candidates. I did this without having any previous industry experience, three months without a manager and all it took was DRIVE! The commission structure is more than fair (you won't see anything come close to it) and it's allowed me to earn a weekly amount that is equal to what I was previously earning on a bi-weekly basis. The company is small, so they don't offer health benefits, but they reimburse you every month for what you are enrolled in. Let's not get caught up in the monetary piece of this. I appreciate opportunity to grow and contribute even more. With a newer company, there's nothing but room to move into a new role. The key is to openly express your value, prove your worth and if it makes dollars, then it makes sense. The Execs at Equity want everyone to be in the best position possible. If you feel entitled to a promotion because you've been a Recruiter for 2 years, but your spread is less than a Recruiter who has only been working for 5 months, then stop it. Look within yourself and really try to understand what you could have done differently to put yourself in a better position. Tenure should not be rewarded if you're not bringing value to the company. Do something to stand out and make suggestions on how to improve. Most of all, be open to feedback.

Cons

Every position has it's challenges, which makes it interesting. Your day is what you make it--every day! If you're organized, have a strong personality and keep your word and follow through, there aren't any cons. Period.

Advice to Management

Keep driving us to up our spread, close more deals and make a great name for us. I'm so proud to be a member of this team and I am excited to step into the office each day. The technical and process improvements that have come about in 2014 are great. I'm eager to see what's next!

"Effort = Reward"

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Equity for over 2 years now and have reaped the benefits from hard work, determination, and follow through. It has paid off with placements in both direct hire and contracted positions. The leaders of the company have paved the way with some awesome accounts and intuitive motivation. They place you with the tools you need to succeed and provide you with a flexible reach to coordinate with candidates. My experience is invaluable and I LOVE MY JOB!

Cons

Working through growing pains that are natural with a new company. On the flip side, it is great to be busy! There are really no cons if you work hard in this company as it will pay off!

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation and the recs flowing!

"Challenging and Rewarding"

I have been working at Equity Staffing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to earn a significant income if you work hard. I was working at another staffing firm prior to coming to Equity. The commission structure and tools are by far better and have given me the ability to earn more than I ever did at my previous employer. Company is growing very fast and Equity offers a foundational opportunity to grow professionally, personally and financially.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and is suited for individuals that can adapt, learn quickly, compete and handle challenges that growth brings. If you are looking for a 9-5 desk job than this is not the place for you. If you like an entrepreneurial atmosphere, strong commission structure and fast pace you will succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase the talent in the organization by identifying those that can't or won't bring the necessary energy and passion to the office each day. Continue your investment in systems and process that gives us a competitive edge. The last year has been great and the systems you have invested in are working great!