Equity Trust Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Equity has a fabulous work environment" (in 7 reviews)

• "We have a new building, all under one roof except a few, workout room, exercise classes, cafeteria, massage therapist and more" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no communication between departments" (in 5 reviews)

• "There was no appreciation from the very top for the work that was done to hit those marks before our system conversion which we did do" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Where a Job Can Become a Career"

Current Employee - Operations in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Beautiful Campus w/Atrium, Gym, Massages, Café, Walking Path
    - Benefits/Pay/Incentives
    - Focus on Healthy Living
    - Genuine Supportive Leadership Team
    - Continued Education for Professional and Personal Growth
    - Focus on Career Path and Personal Goals
    - Large involvement in the Community
    - Fast Paced Challenging Work Environment
    - Strong focus on teamwork - people who truly enjoy working with each other

Cons

- Some specialized roles take time to learn but the training program provides the resources needed

Advice to Management

Continue to do fun things (raffles for event tickets, food trucks, flexible summer hours, patio parties) and continue to grow the culture that has evolved over the years

2. "Customer Service Assocaite"

Pros

Co workers were nice and office building was nice

Cons

unorganized in their training process.

3. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has made huge improvements with training and applying processes and procedures consistently. The focus has genuinely shifted towards being client centric over the last 4 or so years than being driven by net profits. A clear vision has been communicated and continues to be communicated during our Town Hall meetings. It seems as though the company is attempting to show their appreciation towards their employees more often. Communication between Management and employees has dramatically improved as well. Compensation has been adjusted to be competitive with the current market. Hours are flexible and there is a generous attendance policy and PTO bank allotted.

Cons

The turnover rate at the Executive level over the last 10 years is astounding and concerning. The health insurance is expensive but offers good coverage. The company wants higher productivity with less employees, which strains the current staff and negatively affects moral. More employees need to be hired to process investment transactions; that is the backbone of what we do and it's currently the weakest link. There seems to be too many meetings with no agenda and no action expectations for progression towards change afterwards.

Advice to Management

Take the time to hire Executives that are a good fit and will stay a minimum of 5 years. We really need stability at that level to continue to drive our vision and calm fears and anxiety across the company. Make sure each department is staffed to give our clients the best experience possible. Listen to what the client's wants and needs are and consider adjusting your approach based on their feedback. The only way to truly grow is to inspire positive feedback from our current clients so that potential new clients will be motivated to reach out to us for their retirement fund needs. We are pioneers in the industry and leaders in our field, it's time to shine and let everyone else know who we are!

4. "Eh"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance, some flexibility, good amount of PTO, massage room, free gym, free coffee, nice cafeteria, good coworkers, days where they give out free treats

Cons

Low employee morale, pay could be better, boring work, wasting A LOT of paper, favoritism is rampant, understaffed in our department, expensive health insurance

Advice to Management

Show you deserve your position, don't hand off work to your employees, know the processes that encompass your department, divide work more fairly

5. "Strained, difficult."

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity was a challenge to good to pass up. The business strategy needed a new reinvigorated approach and the chance to be part of it was exciting.

Cons

The senior executive team had an unrealistic strategy that ignored marketplace forces of demand and technological requirements. Revenue goals were not aligned with long lead times.

Advice to Management

No advice. CEO was recently fired. Karma is a real thing. C'est la vie.

6. "Processor"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Good hours and great co-workers

Cons

Management and the pay is lower then other companies

"An Excellent Place To Be"

Current Employee - Investments in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Investments in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Management – There is a select structure in place that there is always someone you can go to and depend on whether or not its work related or personal. You are able to voice your opinions while being heard. If you have feedback or ideas you think could help the workplace they are taken seriously and are considered when that topic is being looked at. Everyone is treated as equal and has opportunity to grow with the assistance and knowledge that is provided.
    2. Atmosphere – It is a diverse and comfortable place to be. Although at times some positions are high pace, never is there a day where you cannot hear someone laughing from across the room. Even within the first weeks of employment there is a sense of family you feel. The people around you are caring and want to see you progress whether its management or your coworkers.
    3. Benefits – The benefits available are excellent. From your employment plans to the recreational activities available on site. You are able to feel taken care of by your employer while also taking care of yourself at work.

I have had the experience with working with several employers in the past. ETC has been the best experience so far. I am not involved with management but I do feel like I make a difference with what is available to me and what I am able to do every day. There is much positive reinforcement and opportunity to grow and learn, there are many paths you can choose to peruse once here. From the family that runs the company to my coworkers that I sit with on a daily basis and everyone in-between, I have experienced the care, interaction, and work ethic that I would want nothing more of in a place that I spend a good portion of my day and week in. Equity trust company is a place where you can build a career and family

Cons

None at this particular time

8. "Way too much drama"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Easy commute, nice building, good gym and massages

Cons

No communication, management doesn't respect employees at all. They don't even respect each other.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Equity Trust for most of my professional career (7 years), and have never felt like the company is in a better place.

The executive team is committed to developing their employees and making the company an enjoyable place to work. They have recently developed a "coffee talk" program, to help inform people who may not have visibility into what goes on behind the scenes, which is very helpful to make everybody feel like part of the team. They have also been running "idea week" for the past two years, in which all employees are welcome to submit ideas (both for process improvements, HR improvements, etc), which have generated many positive changes throughout the company.

There is also an onsite fitness center, available to all employees, which includes a gym, massage therapist, and onsite fitness classes.

The people who work here are amazing. I have been in multiple departments, and everybody feels like family.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and helping people grow.

10. "Stay for the challenge, not the pay"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Dynamic challenges. There is always something to improve

Cons

Poor communucation on policies that change daily.