Equity Trust Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 15, 2018

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company has a great work environment with all the windows and healthy choices of food for sale in lunchroom" (in 6 reviews)

• "We have a new building, all under one roof except a few, workout room, exercise classes, cafeteria, massage therapist and more" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no communication between departments" (in 5 reviews)

• "Upper management would not work with your schedule if you had school to attend" (in 6 reviews)

"An Excellent Place To Be"

Current Employee - Investments in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Investments in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Management – There is a select structure in place that there is always someone you can go to and depend on whether or not its work related or personal. You are able to voice your opinions while being heard. If you have feedback or ideas you think could help the workplace they are taken seriously and are considered when that topic is being looked at. Everyone is treated as equal and has opportunity to grow with the assistance and knowledge that is provided.
    2. Atmosphere – It is a diverse and comfortable place to be. Although at times some positions are high pace, never is there a day where you cannot hear someone laughing from across the room. Even within the first weeks of employment there is a sense of family you feel. The people around you are caring and want to see you progress whether its management or your coworkers.
    3. Benefits – The benefits available are excellent. From your employment plans to the recreational activities available on site. You are able to feel taken care of by your employer while also taking care of yourself at work.

I have had the experience with working with several employers in the past. ETC has been the best experience so far. I am not involved with management but I do feel like I make a difference with what is available to me and what I am able to do every day. There is much positive reinforcement and opportunity to grow and learn, there are many paths you can choose to peruse once here. From the family that runs the company to my coworkers that I sit with on a daily basis and everyone in-between, I have experienced the care, interaction, and work ethic that I would want nothing more of in a place that I spend a good portion of my day and week in. Equity trust company is a place where you can build a career and family

Cons

None at this particular time

2. "Eh"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance, some flexibility, good amount of PTO, massage room, free gym, free coffee, nice cafeteria, good coworkers, days where they give out free treats

Cons

Low employee morale, pay could be better, boring work, wasting A LOT of paper, favoritism is rampant, understaffed in our department, expensive health insurance

Advice to Management

Show you deserve your position, don't hand off work to your employees, know the processes that encompass your department, divide work more fairly

3. "Strained, difficult."

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity was a challenge to good to pass up. The business strategy needed a new reinvigorated approach and the chance to be part of it was exciting.

Cons

The senior executive team had an unrealistic strategy that ignored marketplace forces of demand and technological requirements. Revenue goals were not aligned with long lead times.

Advice to Management

No advice. CEO was recently fired. Karma is a real thing. C'est la vie.

4. "Processor"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Good hours and great co-workers

Cons

Management and the pay is lower then other companies

5. "Way too much drama"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Easy commute, nice building, good gym and massages

Cons

No communication, management doesn't respect employees at all. They don't even respect each other.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Equity Trust for most of my professional career (7 years), and have never felt like the company is in a better place.

The executive team is committed to developing their employees and making the company an enjoyable place to work. They have recently developed a "coffee talk" program, to help inform people who may not have visibility into what goes on behind the scenes, which is very helpful to make everybody feel like part of the team. They have also been running "idea week" for the past two years, in which all employees are welcome to submit ideas (both for process improvements, HR improvements, etc), which have generated many positive changes throughout the company.

There is also an onsite fitness center, available to all employees, which includes a gym, massage therapist, and onsite fitness classes.

The people who work here are amazing. I have been in multiple departments, and everybody feels like family.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and helping people grow.

7. "Stay for the challenge, not the pay"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Dynamic challenges. There is always something to improve

Cons

Poor communucation on policies that change daily.

8. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

The culture has improved since the new CEO came in over two years ago. He has made many positive leadership changes and most feel we are going down the right path. Proud that we just sponsored Boys and Girls Club's Christmas and gave over 27000 food items this holiday season!

Cons

Benefits are expensive and 401k match could be better

9. "Client Service Representative"

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Interesting line of work.

Cons

Was short staffed and had to fill in for positions that should have resulted in a pay raise which I didn't receive. Health insurance was very expensive. If you have vacation time and are sick they take from your vacation bank and also penalize you. It should be one or the other, not both. Big divide between the office in Ohio and South Dakota.

"Client Services"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Westlake, OH
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with (for most part)

Cons

No communication from mgmt although expectations for superior customer service with little to no knowledge when policy changes. Mgmt has little/no interpersonal skills

Advice to Management

Enroll yourself in interpersonal skills trainings