Era Living Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Era Living President & CEO Eli J. Almo
Eli J. Almo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits for full time employees (in 3 reviews)

• 401k and benefits if you are full time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge burn out rate, expectations too high with no support, limited resources and lack of support and mentor ship from upper management (in 4 reviews)

• Industry standards make lower level jobs less appealing because of low wages (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Friendly, Welcoming, Encouraging... I could go on for days"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. I smile as soon as I walk through the door!
    My direct superior and other managers are encouraging, support my growth and promote learning. My coworkers are genuinely interested in me.
    The company as a whole truly takes an interest in every employee. As a new hire they have you complete a personal preferences sheet which asks you about your favorite food and music and how you like to be recognized. Then they use that to encourage and promote you as an individual. I have never worked for a company that shows such passion for their employees as Era Living.

Cons

The furthest south community is in Renton and I live out in Puyallup which makes my commute long but luckily the company provides ORCA card options which means I don't have to sit in traffic.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and promoting your employees, it is wonderful how management takes an interest in every employee. The compassion makes ERA a great company to work for!

2. "What a breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Community Relations Director
    Current Employee - Community Relations Director

I have been working at Era Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a truly special organization. I came here from the nonprofit sector, drawn by both Era Living's strong mission and the supportive infrastructure that enables its employees to carry out this mission well on a daily basis. The leadership is accessible and transparent, the company values are steeped into every facet of the day-to-day business, and the employees are happy and appreciated. It's simply a wonderful place to be every day.

Cons

The benefits are really good, but there is always a little room for improvement there. Raises do happen annually, but could do better to stay in pace with the quickly increasing cost of living in this region.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to recruit great talent, and do everything you can to retain it!

3. "Not stressful and positive environment"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, friendly and talkative residents. Free lunch if you are here during the day (even swing shift). Never felt overwhelmed, and the training provided was more than sufficient. If you need to work part-time, this is a clean place and good location. Lots of flexibility to move around if you choose to learn other positions. Upper management will work your shift if you call in - no matter the hours.

Cons

Stuffy, warm with the heat always at 73 degrees. Free food could be better. For profit company, so upper management will do anything to make sure they get their buck.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is treated equally and respected - not that I have seen much of this. Ask the residents to complain directly to management, sometimes they are overwhelming and do not feel heard (although they are) and getting told by us in the front lines does not always make them feel heard.

"Great company"

I have been working at Era Living full-time

Pros

Lot of good people trying to do their best for the residents. Definitely a feel that the focus is on the residents and their needs. Continuous effort to improve things for staff. Overall I think it's an excellent place to work.

Cons

Everything moves slowly. Total compensation seems a little on the low side.

"Accounting Assistant"

Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management is committed to helping you when you need assistance. Friendly environment, stress free (no outbursts), people do their work but always cooperate with you to help your work move along, and senior management emphasizes good core values within the organization that enhances the lives of our residents.

Cons

The commute is lousy but the company pays for the bus/train pass.

"Run Away"

I worked at Era Living full-time

Pros

The residents and regular staff

Cons

Very poor, unprofessional management, unacceptable work/life balance and paltry compensation. Would give negative 5 stars if possible.

Advice to Management

Invest in professional business management personnel rather than the inexperienced, inept, biased and discriminating management team currently in place

Dec 1, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad we agree that our residents and staff are a huge positive to working at an Era Living community. I would appreciate the opportunity to... More

"Dining services"

Current Employee - Dining Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Dining Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Era Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I do believe that Era Living genuinely cares for their employees. I have been with the company almost 4 years now and I have learned much about myself and about the elderly.

Cons

I think their pay scale needs some adjustments.

Sep 18, 2017 – Vice President of Operations

Dear Valued Team Member,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are grateful to you and your co-workers for the tremendous impact you have on the lives of our residents... More

"Not saying"

I worked at Era Living full-time

Pros

Beautifully adorned communities and employees that really want to help the residents

Cons

Family owned organization that forgets the people that work so hard for the residents. It is about the money and not the caring

Advice to Management

Send ALL of the upper management in to work one week in various positions in the

Sep 14, 2017 – Vice President of Operations

Thank you for the review. However, as a "family member" and VP of Operations, I am very saddened to read your comments, as they do not reflect the tremendous gratitude and appreciation we... More

"Activities"

I worked at Era Living full-time

Pros

Great residents , option to create staff team and hire great staff. Good benefits

Cons

Huge burn out rate, expectations too high with no support, limited resources and lack of support and mentor ship from upper management.

Advice to Management

Stronger training for management, direct support and involvement. Ask questions and develop relationships with staff. People deserve respect

Dec 1, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. Activities is an important department and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed working with our residents. We’re also proud of our benefits, so thank you for mentioning... More

"Client Care Advisor"

I have been working at Era Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are awesome and the help they provide for seniors is great. People are treated with respect and dignity. I feel that I am a part of a great team where people go out of their way to help you. I may have one of the best bosses I have ever had. She is very positive and sets me up for success.

Cons

Takes a while for benefits to kick in

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people