Erickson Living Dining Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Erickson Living CEO Alan Butler
Alan Butler
1 Rating

"Wonderful Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Dining Services in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This employment environment is welcoming, warm, and available for improvement! They welcome student employees to be their wait staff and allow room for promotion, as well as a place to improve an individuals own characteristics outside of dinging service.

Cons

May feel like a number sometimes, as the company is very large and even single dining rooms have many employees. However, it will be what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! I’ve grown so much at my place of employment and so have many others!

Erickson Living2019-03-29
  2. "Poor Dining Services"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Warminster, PA

I worked at Erickson Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Could be worse but hardly

Cons

Cut backs in food to the residents

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff and the residents

Erickson Living2019-04-19
  3. "Say far far waya"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Erickson Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work hours with students with a decent starting hourly rate Upper level management was always friendly and would listen one a complaint made its way up the latter.

Cons

Had a revolving door of management and staff. Because of that there was never any stability along with always being short staffed and overworked. Was promised extra pay that was never received along with no support from managers when dealing with abusive residents.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified management (preferably from within) and pay more. The one functional manager I worked with made the job much more enjoyable

Erickson Living2019-01-27
  4. "Management"

Former Employee - Dining Services in Warminster, PA

I worked at Erickson Living part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Job while in highschool. I had the opportunity to take time off when I needed to.

Cons

The management was not qualified to lead. Terrible leadership skills. The main manager I had was incompitent. The other manager was borderline abusive. Everytime I came into work, they would see me and say OH HELL NO NOT YOU. I out lasted those two managers, but left shortly after

Advice to Management

Hire better management

Erickson Living2018-01-26
  5. "Trouble Behind The Curtain"

Current Employee - Dining Services in Catonsville, MD

I have been working at Erickson Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great concept with great potential

Cons

Culture of fear, intimidation and lots of broken equipment. Focus on growing into Assisted living while other parts of the company are poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Break the bubble, update the model. throw away parts of the old model

Erickson Living2015-02-27
  6. "Server at Greensprings Village"

Current Employee - Dining Services in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Erickson Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provide fairly great training, the hours are flexible so its a great job for a college student or high school student, If required hours and good grades are kept in school than scholarship opportunities are available

Cons

Management does tend to have favorites

Erickson Living2014-04-17
  7. "Great reliable job with decent pay."

Former Employee - Dining Services in Novi, MI

I worked at Erickson Living part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

very flexible work hours and days. They also believe school is important and will work with you depending on finals and sports teams. Great first job

Cons

Open all the time so plan to work holidays

Erickson Living2012-07-25
  8. "ERICKSON HAS GREAT BENEFITS, BUT NEEDS TO INCREASE SALARIES TO IMPROVE EMPLOYEE MORAL."

Dining Services in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Erickson Living

Pros

The best reason to work for Erickson Retirement would have to be the excellant benefits package. The second best reason to work for Erickson Retirement would be the kindness of the residents. The company has many training courses available for employees; and the majority of managers treat you with respect and address each individual by their first name. It is a beautiful place to work; a great facility that is kept immaculate.

Cons

The major problem with working for Erickson Retirement is the low salary. More than 50% of the employees have to work second jobs just to make ends meet. Ericksons try to compensate that by their great benefits; however many of the hourly employees have to work elsewhere in addition to their job at Erickson because of the low salary. Increasements of salary are at best 27 cents a year. Therefore, there are many dissatisfied and exhausted employees at Erickson; due to the need to work a second job. Erickson definitely needs to address this issue...we are constantly understaffed. I believe if the pay was more competitive, and the raises more than 3% a year, they would attrack more people to work at their facility.

Advice to Management

I would like Senior Management to make us more aware of our career choices; where we can improve and move up to a better position after a certain amount of time. Of course, it is also up to us to approach our Senior Management so that they know of our future interests within the company.

Erickson Living2008-09-07