KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Erickson Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2021

Found 80 of over 83 reviews

3.6
Erickson Chief Executive Officer and Director Doug Kitani (no image)
Doug Kitani
Pros
  • "Cool projects, great people and a new way to help the world(in 6 reviews)

• "Very large helicopters operated all over the world requires fun engineering solutions(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Heavy debt burden; churning within senior management level; don't live their values(in 5 reviews)

• "Poor management unable to guide the company in an unstable industry(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

A Job with Purpose

Mar 9, 2021 - Designer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Finally, I found a job that has meaning. The work I produce with my team gives me a sense of pride and fulfillment that I have never felt at any previous company. I'm proud to say I am an Erickson employee, and I look forward to collaborating and setting the gears in motion to make things happen every day.

Cons

I'd love to see more diversity, but it's understandable that it is normal within this industry.

Talent Coordinator

Thank you for this great review! Erickson takes great pride in our employees and the work they produce as we evolve each year. We appreciate the note on wanting to see more diversity and we will pass this along to our recruiting team.

2. 3.0

Management sucks

Oct 6, 2021 - Helicopter Pilot
      Business Outlook

Pros

pays well, Time off, equipment

Cons

poorly managed, no foresight, unable to anticipate problems, time away from family

3. 3.0

Company changing

Aug 12, 2021 - Helicopter Mechanic in Medford, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule was nice but was in the process of changing. Travel/ lodging/ Per Diem is paid by the company and travel point are yours to keep for personal travel and upgrades.

Cons

CEO doesnt care for the field operations and wants to change the dynamic to government/ military contracts only. Marketing doesnt know anything about the aircraft they are selling/ getting contracts for and continue to give false information to consumers, that nd up getting mad at the field operations when we have to tell no.

Talent Coordinator

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your work and apologize for the negative experiences you may have had. Here at Erickson, we do value the importance of educating and developing our employees in their respective departments to ensure we are able to serve our consumers to the best of our ability. We will continue to improve and learn in these areas on how to do better for our employees.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Used to be a great place to work.

Jul 3, 2021 - Mechanic in Central Point, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent wages for the area. Mostly good down to earth people. I like what I do

Cons

Wages can be stagnant. Some people go years without raises or the raise is small. The company is hurt financially and often won't pay their vendors in a timely manner. Mass layoffs are a conmon practice at Erickson.

Talent Coordinator

Thanks for your review and the years of work you have given Erickson. We hear you on your comments regarding wages, and we will take this note into consideration as we develop in the future. We are always striving to provide the best environment for our employees and will always work to maintain the trust and loyalty of every one.

5. 1.0

POOR Management

Apr 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Erickson mechanics, pilots, and operations staff are very professional and proficient. I could not ask for better team memebers

Cons

Erickson has very poor management from the CEO down. They are horrible at managing money, they do not pay their bills on time (if at all), and have financial priorities all wrong. They AGAIN have conducted layoffs, but this time, laid off many managers with decades of needed experience. The problem is that they did not plan on how business would be conducted after or plan a new structure . There currently is NO safety team at Erickson. It is a matter of time before they either go bankrupt or have an accident.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

We are happy to hear about your positive experience with colleagues and team members across Erickson. The Erickson Team is truly amazing! While we value all our current and former employees’ feedback, we are very sorry to hear about your concerns and about how you view the leadership team at Erickson. Like most companies, our leaders strive to be responsible stewards in the face of competing priorities, but safety is priority one and a core company value. At Erickson we care deeply about the health and safety of our employees and the safety of our operations. We have a strong safety culture and a robust safety team, which we are expanding. We would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that led you to form these impressions and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact the Department of People to discuss any time. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We wish you the best!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience! High Probability of Layoff!

Apr 2, 2021 - Planning Department in Medford, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The friendships you will create with coworkers, customers and vendors will be plentiful. There is alot to learn and keep you engaged in the manufacturing world of aircraft. The salary and benefits are mid range to high end for the Rogue Valley.

Cons

The company has a long history of financial issues. Layoff's are a norm at Erickson so plan your finances accordingly if you take a position here. It's a great company that just can't seem to keep financially solvent.

Talent Coordinator

Thank you for this review, we couldn't agree more that the employees we have here at Erickson are truly special. We appreciate your advice for training regiments for new hires, and will take that into consideration in the future. We value our employees time and know our future has a positive outlook!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Drug & Alcohol Program Manager

May 4, 2021 - Drug Safety Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the services provided

Cons

Uncertain future for the company causes concerns

Talent Coordinator

Thank you for this response and we thank you for the years of support and work you have provided to Erickson.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company with lots of potential

Mar 4, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

My top two would be: Lots of opportunity to grow within the company and you're surrounded by some of the most brilliant people in the industry.

Cons

It's such a big company, so getting to know people can be challenging during covid, but this is only temporary.

Talent Coordinator

We couldn't agree more! We are grateful to have employees like yourself that we can recognize for their talent. Thank you for this review, and we hope to get back into the office soon for some more interaction!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great pay but that comes at a price

Mar 4, 2021 - N/A in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool product delivered to customers, great pay, innovative

Cons

Very passionate about the business but not so much about the employees, not transparent with company communication, terrible management. Management has a "what's in it for me attitude".

Talent Coordinator

Thank you for this review and we are sorry to hear that your experience at Erickson didn't meet your expectations. We value our employees and want to hear everyone out - if you would like to provide additional context on your concerns, please email recruiting@ericksoninc.com to discuss further. Thank you, again, for the feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work & succeed

Feb 4, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for development and growth and great support from coworkers. Good communication between teams that sets you up for success.

Cons

None to mention at this point.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews