Ericsson-Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Ericsson"

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time

Pros

People, Location, Benefits, Opportunities, & Perks

Cons

Can not think of any.

2. "Big Corporate"

Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, a great company to work for. Depending on your department and management team, they give ample opportunity to grow. Benefits are impossible to beat. Ample opportunity to network in a company this large.

Cons

Workload expectations for certain departments unrealistic (finance, operations, analyst roles). Flexibility and change management lacking, which will hurt in the long run as the industry changes. Want to solve problems and actually see changes in policy or business process made? This is not the place for you, one can do the work to define a solution, but actual change is impossible to implement. Transparency from top to bottom lacking.

3. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits (3 weeks, plus personal business, floating holidays, and sick days), great work environment.

Cons

I have no cons to list, it was a great company to work for.

4. "Stay tuned"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ericsson is a challenging place to work.But it does have great work life balance, and outstanding benefits . Ericsson promotes diversity and encourages self improvement,

Cons

Large company has a lot of processes in place which can stifle innovation. Organizations complete with each other within which causes opportunities to be missed,

Advice to Management

Much progress has made, and I am optimistic. About our future, my one piece of advice is to more aggressively find places within the changing organization for talented people in mature products,

5. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide (More than a year)

Pros

Market leader products
    Long history of tech innovation

Cons

too many and very constant Org changes

Advice to Management

more actions, less words !

6. "Cutting edge software development if you want it. Cloud, Docker, Gradle, Groovy, you name it."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Family oriented, work from home options.

If you need help or training, just ask because it is not seen as a weakness but as a way to grow the talent and the teams. Other organizations I have worked for have always considered this a weakness, but not Ericsson. We all learn together and sharing through brown bags and learning lunches is encouraged.

Cons

Software engineers are often shuffling between 2 projects, sometimes 3 because of the high rate of our customers wants and needs. The benefit however here, is that you are constantly growing and learning !

Training is provided but you really have to push and ask for it if there is a need (not really a con, its expected you should ask if you need help)

In North America and Canada, there is a bit too many non technical managers I would say, but this stems from the fact previously about many projects, sometimes simultaneously that your working on as a software engineer, so you sometimes get the feeling you have 2 or 3 managers, but in reality there's always only 1 direct report relationship that you have in your career.

Advice to Management

Less management.

7. "Ericsson is struggling to transform"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, lots of talent and desire to make a difference

Cons

Lack of courageous leadership and a willingness to address underlying challenges

Advice to Management

Target three areas. Leadership up and down the org must encouraged to take risk and drive change at a faster pace. Centralized command and control structure will not support today's market pace. Process, all tools are outdated and spreadsheet based and must become more agile. Reward system is not aligned to driving success. People are rewarded on goals they do not directly drive and feel disconnnected from the outcome. Provide real stock options

8. "Good company with great benefits but finding a way forward."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company that has a global presence and seeks to improve itself and employees. Education and health are pushed regularly and there it is a great experience if you can work on the Plano TX campus or connect withe the Santa Clara CA Teams. I am sure there are other great groups to connect with but these are the folks I interfaced with the most.

Cons

Seemingly unstable environment as there is always a lot of change and have been a number of Layoffs or RIFs over the past 2 years. This leaves many with a constant concern that they "could be next".
    This will change over time as the industry is seeing some great changes and companies like Ericsson are trying to adjust and stay on top while being pressured by lots of new competitors.

Advice to Management

Provide stability for the front-line teams, the constant change is creating a culture of concern and fear in some which is so unhealthy. This will push away top talent into more stable work environments, whether they are new and looking or existing talent and deciding on a way forward.

9. "Field technician"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Home base office, great benefits

Cons

Constant layoffs, upper management should have sourced contracts earlier in the formation of managed services and not rely on one large contract to keep the company afloat.

Advice to Management

Provide more training in other technical disciplines to create a wider service market .

10. "Full-time employee"

Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CEO has the right vision and openly communicates, technology is very exciting, my employees are awesome, the office is very nice and in great location

Cons

recruiting process needs a lot of improvement, looks like some of are great benefits are going away next year, not many people know about Ericsson, marketing needs to at a minimum market in DFW

Showing 5,497 of 6,003 reviews