Escalate Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Valuable experience"

Former Employee - Event Production Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Event Production Intern in New York, NY

Pros

It had a very positive work atmosphere

Cons

There were no complaints that I could think of

Advice to Management

Loved it

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team was great while I was there, and the clients and projects were fun. Nice new office with lots of amenities like a full kitchen, and friday Keg! Lots of opportunities for internal growth, and senior management who cares about mentorship and career growth. Recognition for a job well done through employee of the month program. Ability to earn comp days for weekend travel and 401K matching program was great.

Cons

Under industry standard pay, very long hours, often under staffed, budgets never enough to achieve excellent production results.

3. "Marketing Intern Experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Everyone is nice and open for talking and sharing. I learned a lot during my intern!

Cons

Maybe more inter-department experience for interns.

4. "Positive experience interning here!"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

Pros

-Got to research a lot of companies as part of the new business team.
    -Was able to help members of different departments, thereby learning a lot about the agency environment as a whole.
    -Had a close relationship with my supervisors, which proved to be very helpful in my networking and finding opportunities for future employment.
    -Saw upward mobility of employees as they were given promotions.
    -Has a small agency feel. Everyone knows each other and is very friendly.
    -Casual environment to work in. They are a company that does work for serious clients, but doesn't take themselves too seriously. They know how to unwind and have a good time.

Cons

-Wish I was kept a little busier on a day-to-day basis.

5. "Overall, a great experience so far"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Escalate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Has a small agency feel. Everyone knows each other and is very friendly.
    - They are on the road to a more integrated agency work experience
    - They encourage collaboration daily
    - Large emphasis on organizational processes to streamline workflow, client relations and project management
    - They value digital solutions to be integrated into agency communications, and client programs
    - Casual environment to work in.

Cons

-Their focus on organizational processes seems forced, and takes a lot of staff time that upper management does not seem to understand.
    - Employee morale is a challenge.

Advice to Management

The strong emphasis on "accountability" makes some staff uncomfortable. It would be nice to see more value communicated in the hardworking staff that delivers.
    Offering more employee perks and better compensation could trigger more staff to embrace the company, its initiatives and share about their work more.

6. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom for professional growth very quick moving environment and very engaging

Cons

A company that doesnt see the forest for the trees

Advice to Management

treat your employees better

7. "A Very Nice Place for Ambitious Interns"

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Escalate is an amazing place to work in for college interns, fresh graduates and those who seek to develop their career in the experiential marketing industry. As the HR intern, I was in charge of the full-cycle recruiting for Winter and Summer Internship programs. We make sure that all the candidates we selected are person-job fit as well as person-organization fit. For me, it was an excellent chance to learn and improve my own skills throughout the whole process. Being an intern at Escalate is exciting while exhausting. You won't get a chance to lay back and check your Facebook. The managers pay attention to career and skill development in-house. In other words, they are always teaching you new things through your day-to-day tasks, and their mentorships help you to "escalate" your work to the next level of excellence. What's more? Escalate is a work place full of fun. We have different kinds of culture and career development events throughout the year.

Cons

Escalate has good time-off policies, performance review policies and leadership support. The only problem is that the agency is very strict toward its cost-control policies and have no budget to provide any monetary compensation to interns. For those who really need financial support from the employer, the internship at Escalate may not be a good fit for you. However, if you want to work with great brands and would like to have fun in doing your everyday job, Escalate is the right place for you to go.

Advice to Management

From HR's perspective, the Agency should enhance the cross-functional communication in different groups and encourage quick followup. Also, I think HR should analyze the real talent needs, especially in its internship program. Sometimes the historical headcount may not be valid and reliable enough, given the projects and real business are changing from year to year. The company can use less interns, and let each intern do more tasks. The Agency shouldn't give our partners and competitors the impression that the company is running by interns.

8. "Escalate Really Does Escalate Experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Escalate full-time

Pros

Escalate is an incredible agency. They care deeply about their employees and about their personal growth and career development. They treat interns as if they were family and encourage their growth as well. From bi-weekly company meetings where industry information and knowledge is shared to mentorship programs to Leadership sessions and 'Online University,' they demonstrate that they care about them as individuals. They have an annual employee engagement survey and clearly try to address employee issues and concerns. It's a diverse environment where everyone can be free to be themselves and individuality is celebrated. The executive leadership has an open door policy and it really does feel like family. The new office is simply fabulous with lots of creative areas to get out of your desk and let ideas flow. Oh, and did I mention their super cool coffee machine where you can get gourmet beverages? I just love it here, can you tell? They have a generous vacation and holiday schedule and you can often work out working remotely if you need to stay at home for the repairman. They are very flexible and accommodating. They have a committee that plans internal events for the team so that we can get to spend time with each other in a fun and relaxed environment and create great memories.

Cons

You have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard. But don't be afraid, this is a work hard, play hard environment.

Advice to Management

Lots of new policies and procedures were rolled out during the past year which are great but it happened too quickly. Would have been great to let it absorb before introducing more. At this point it seems that everyone is on board and the results of these efforts are positive.

9. "Definitely Recommend"

Pros

Awesome work environment. Both friendly and professional. Very productive and successful company.

Cons

Great starting point, but not that much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Better training.

10. "No Work Life Balance"

I worked at Escalate full-time

Pros

The clients were big name brands and activated at the top experimental events around the US. Activating at some of the biggest music festivals and sporting events.

Cons

Extremely long hours. No HR support. You worked for practically NOTHING. Very poor treatment of employees.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees who work so hard for you. Promote a healthy work life balance.