Eskaton Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Eskaton Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

4.0
Eskaton CEO Todd Murch (no image)
Todd Murch
Pros
  • "stable company with good benefits, non-profit is nice to know you support seniors(in 5 reviews)

• "Eskaton far exceeds my expectations of a great company(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay, management just sits back and does nothing when you bring anything to them it just gets brushed under the rug(in 7 reviews)

• "Non-profit company that reinvests its non-profits into corporate perks(in 2 reviews)

1. "Far Exceeded Expectations"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the moment I started, I realized Eskaton was different from any company I've ever worked with. From rolling out the red carpet to a personalized parking spot on my first day. They truly made me feel welcome and that I belong here. I genuinely think my job has a purpose, and Eskaton's core values match my own. To say Eskaton is a great place to work would be an understatement. Eskaton far exceeds my expectations... of a great company. I'm proud to say I work for this fantastic company. Benefits Retirement Culture Management team cares Opportunities to promote Value Employees Time-off Work-life balance Promotion opportunities

Cons

No Kaiser option for insurance

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Eskaton2019-10-14

"The interaction with residents is usually rewarding."

Current Employee - MEd Aide in Grass Valley, CA

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping others that need assistance. Letting people know they're still valid.

Cons

It's a dead end job. There is no where to progress to. Salaries are minimal and a single person cannot live on the wages so there is always a high turnover rate. The only reward is the interaction with the residents. Otherwise it's a thankless job with no reward.

Advice to Management

If you expect high output, accuracy and great reviews from the community, start treating the people that make you look good like they are worth keeping. Stop telling people the health care field is full of people that will gladly do the job if we dont want to. This builds zero loyalty.

Eskaton2019-09-23

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative in Carmichael, CA

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunities for growth and development. Great mission.

Cons

More ongoing training opportunities would be beneficial

Eskaton2019-07-30

"Good place!!"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Assistant in Carmichael, CA

I have been working at Eskaton part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great residents and co-workers. Beautiful Community

Cons

under paid, short staff, high turn over rate

Advice to Management

be more appreciative of hardworking staff!!

Eskaton2019-07-24
  5. "Overworked"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Eskaton part-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to eat left overs.

Cons

Only 3 hours, bad management.

Advice to Management

Don’t gossip.

Eskaton2019-07-13
  6. "Great stepping stone but I wouldn't want to live here"

Former Employee - Move Coordinator in Gold River, CA

I worked at Eskaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked with some great people, learned alot

Cons

No loyalty, corporate, has a very "for profit" feel

Eskaton2019-05-29

Eskaton Response

June 3, 2019Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like you may have had a specific issue causing you to feel a lack of loyalty and that is disheartening. I would encourage you to please reach out to the human resources department if you felt you left with unresolved concerns. Even though you no longer work with us, if there were problems, we want to hear about them so they can be appropriately addressed. Every employee is important to us. Eskaton is a not for profit organization; I find that many people mistakenly think that means we don't need to make money. Like any other business we need to pay our bills but our profits are put back into our communities and programs to serve older adults, not just within Eskaton but in the community at large. We are proud of our partnerships and social outreach. I encourage anyone interested in learning more to please visit our website, www.eskaton.org.

"If you believe in bettering yourself, Eskaton believes in YOU"

Current Employee - Administrative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Eskaton Executive Team believes in their staff and provides tools/resources for each employee to succeed. The Executive Team is open to feedback and communicates well internally/externally. The organization engages employees to feel empowered by the mission of bettering the lives of older adults. Provides opportunities to experienced and capable employees to assume available roles within the organization as... positions become available.

Cons

Each Manager has a different leadership style and is not necessarily uniform across the board which can be challenging for some employees.

Advice to Management

It could be beneficial to require all management roles including Executive Directors to participate in leadership courses on a yearly basis. Approximately 80% of aging services leaders are set to retire in the next 5-7 years, it would be helpful for employees to understand a succession plan.

Eskaton2019-04-23

"I absolutely love it here at ELGB!!!!"

LVN/WN

I have been working at Eskaton for less than a year

Pros

This place is a happy place to be. It has great staff and residents. It truly feels like a big home. This place has an amazing ED. She truly cares about the residents and their families and also the staff. Working for this place has been a joy. I feel like I can go to my supervisor at any time with anything. I have great support. They provide great benefits and reward you to stay to ealthy. They support you in... advancing in your career. It's a place where you can be professional and be yourself. Even my family noticed that I am a much happier person now that I work for them. If I had to put my family somewhere, it would be ELGB! Thank you for all you do for all of us.

Cons

None. I love everything about this place!!!

Eskaton2018-10-26
  9. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Carmichael, CA

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very open. Always trying to improve. Focus is on quality care for the residents. Love the focus on being innovative.

Cons

Staffing can be difficult at times, especially when people call off.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to hire quality staff that love to work with older adults.

Eskaton2018-10-25

"Managers step up"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

I have been working at Eskaton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the residents. I go to work to see the residents and I’m not nursing.

Cons

Everyone does what they want. Managers don’t do anything.

Advice to Management

Managers need to step up and do what they get paid to do.

Eskaton2018-10-31

Eskaton Response

November 5, 2018Director Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry that you feel the managers at your location are not effective. We endeavor to have well trained effective management at all our locations but of course, problems can arise despite the best of training. There are avenues available to you to help resolve any work related challenges you are unable to resolve on your own- the Employee Problem Solving Process is a good start. If you are unable to get results with the management in your location, please go up the chain of command to the Administrative Center. Your opinions are important to us and we'd like the opportunity to help resolve any challenges you or others are experiencing.

Found 92 reviews