Esquire Deposition Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Terrie Campbell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Management is supportive and has an open-door policy even at the highest levels (in 3 reviews)

• You get to learn something new with every situation (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Director of SP Relations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of SP Relations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, Smart, Professional, a pleasure to be around and work in teams with.

Cons

Never enough holidays and vacation :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We really appreciate your vote of confidence and will continue to work hard to achieve our vision.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Regional Account Executive
    Current Employee - Regional Account Executive

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to communicated with anyone in the company to share ideas, ask questions and continuously learn.

Cons

There are no cons that I can point out.

3. "Love it here"

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management team, great people.

Cons

The benefits could be a LOT better

4. "Binder"

Current Employee - Bindery Operator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Bindery Operator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

its a good company good hours

Cons

There know Growth with the company

Jun 28, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work on the issues that you've raised and strive to achieve our company mission. We value our employees and appreciate the time and consideration... More

5. "Esquire"

Pros

Evolving company, rapidly changing culture

Cons

There are some departments that realty lack structure and clearly defined practices

Advice to Management

Be fair to all employees, clearly define structure of departments, set expectations

Jul 10, 2017 – HR Team Member

We are continually working to standardize our... More

6. "Very stressful work environment"

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros I would say is my co-workers were awesome!

Cons

Management needs to get it together! Full of favoritism, no raises, I can go on and on.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees needs and concerns!

Jul 3, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. Esquire is committed to creating a work environment that values our employees and promotes their growth and development. We are disappointed to hear about your... More

7. "Esquire"

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Northeast, NY

Pros

We put our clients first. We are able to surpass our clients needs & help connect the right people to the right job.

Cons

I don't have any cons! Great teamwork. The environment is fun & challenging. It's a people business so people make it great

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence! We definitely are working hard to have the right people and give them the right tool to make our customers happy.

8. "Great place to work, still room to improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Esquire's new management (last 2-3 years) has created a visible and attainable vision for the future; constantly asks employees for feedback on both strategy and tactics; is open and transparent about the company's performance; and strives to make sure all employees understand how they contribute to overall success of the company.

Being a national company with many offices and many remote employees, Esquire is very accommodating towards its staff working from home and having flexible hours, though is largely position dependent.

Esquire has an incredibly diverse workforce. They don't have a deliberate diversity initiative, they simply hire based on qualifications and recommendations, which leads to an individual office's staff being reflective of the local population.

Esquire has a good track record of internally promoting its own people. In approximately 6.5 years I've had 6 positions; starting from entry level to middle management. Several coworkers have had similar successes.

The benefits package is good, but not great.

Esquire encourages continued education (including a grades-based tuition reimbursement program) - I was able to earn my B.A. while working at Esquire and I've had multiple bosses willingly accommodate my scheduling needs.

Cons

After years of effort to reduce the silo effect between departments to facilitate internal communication, there is still plenty of work to do.

Some personnel/departments who've been with the company for several iterations (acquisitions, bankruptcies, etc.) still provide active resistance to current company objectives of transparency and accountability.

While wages for entry-level/low-skill positions are higher than average, internally promoted personnel are generally compensated less than externally hired personnel (though some level of this is to be expected and in my experience is pretty universal). In some cases, this snowballs so the higher you get on the totem pole the greater the disparity.

If you work in an office in a downtown area, you'll likely have to pay for parking - seems weird to have to pay to go to work.

Esquire has had, and to some extent still has, problems getting rid of unproductive or unqualified employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve transparency, encourage staff to learn and understand the financials better.

Give staff more skin in the game by expanding the pool of bonus-eligible employees.

Consider the long-term impact of keeping a given leader in their current position - ex: We keep Gal A because she does thing X really well, but does things Y & Z poorly and plainly refuses to do things 1, 2, & 3. Consider the net impact someone has on the company or a department. We're good at this sometimes. Sometimes we are not.

Stick to initiatives that promote professionalism in the workplace (ex: dress code).

Company culture is much improved over the last few years. Keep your foot on the gas - we can see the corner, but we've not turned yet.

Apr 25, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We will continue to work on the issues that you've raised and strive to achieve our company mission. We value our employees and appreciate the time and... More

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Esquire Deposition Solutions full-time

Pros

A clear vision with inspiring leadership. All employees are committed, responsive and genuinely excited.

Cons

Transformation is hard to do.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the course you set out upon. Continue to focus on creating clients for life.

10. "Good Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I have a great boss that has an open door policy. He also empowers me to do my job. He is there if support is needed, but allows me to manage my dad-to-day work life. Another pro is Esquire promotes internally. It's a great place to come and learn the industry and move up in the company.I love what I do because I have learned a lot and I am continually learning each day.

Cons

Right now there isn't a 401k match.

Apr 17, 2017 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Esquire is committed to employee engagement. We appreciate the vote of confidence and will continue to work hard to achieve our vision of being a... More