Essendant Content Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Essendant Content Developer Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5
Essendant CEO Ric Phillips (no image)
Ric Phillips
  1. "Mostly good, but very corporate"

Former Employee - Content Development in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Essendant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I had great managers here and was paid decently. The benefits are solid, the building is pretty nice. There were good perks. Reviews were done fairly and raises were pretty consistent.

Cons

There are a lot of complex processes that take time to learn. It's very corporate and they didn't seem to have much focus on direction of the company which led to constant changes and semi regular layoffs. Unfortunately I was the victim of one. I was treated fairly but it was very sudden, and I can never work there again.

Advice to Management

If you value your employees, you should treat them better. It's not easy to find qualified people who can learn all the processes quickly and do them well.

Essendant2017-03-16

"Nope"

Former Employee - Content Development in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Essendant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers at the associate level. A few decent managers. Nice facility with cafeteria and walking paths. Work-from-home flexibility.

Cons

Managers without corresponding education and experience in management roles. Lots of "it's not what you know, it's who you know." No opportunity to advance or build new skills. Too many re-orgs. Morale is low and nothing is being done to change it. Pay not equivalent to similar jobs in Chicago market.

Advice to Management

Know your people. Drill down before you make sweeping changes. Attract more qualified people and pay them commensurately.

Essendant2017-05-22