Cover image for Essia Health

62% Recommend to a Friend
58% Approve of CEO

Found 27 of over 30 reviews

3.4
Essia Health CEO Matthew J. Kirchner (no image)
Matthew J. Kirchner

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Essia Health~805884
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience for pre-meds

Jul 19, 2019 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good exposure to the field of medicine - good preparation for medical school - shift request system is intuitive and easy to use - coworkers and upper management very supportive

Cons

- steep learning curve, can be difficult for the first month

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

This was a great company until it was re-branded to Essia Health.

Oct 6, 2015 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a medical scribe, you will gain valuable insight into the medical field. If you are disciplined, eager, and have an open schedule the doctors with LOVE you! It can be a very exciting job if you keep a good attitude and build rapport with the medical staff. After a few months on the job, you will definitely know if you are cut out to be a physician.

Cons

As a medical scribe, you will need to commit to one year. In the emergency department setting, you have to be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. The pay is not great, but the experience is rewarding in itself. In the clinical setting, you need to be available to work day shifts. If you have a heavy course load at school or limited availability for any reason - this job is not for you.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Essia Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

HR can be a rubber stamp or it can be the org performance driver.

Nov 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would have to say the snacks are a good

Cons

HR managers clueless about the subject they pride themselves in knowing best, which is people! Not to mention the amount of $ they are paid is absurd!!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Love My Job!

Oct 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with amazing physicians who are eager to help you gain valuable experience while you prepare to go to medical school. A fun, fast-paced job that keeps you on your toes all day. working in family medicine you get to know your patients and feel like a part of their medical team! You also get a great letter of recommendation from your doctor.

Cons

I have a Bachelor's degree and get paid barely anything over minimum wage, this is very frustrating. Sadly, the management knows pre-medical students need the experience and will work for wages that are barely livable. The management has poor communication and sometimes employees get forgotten after they are placed.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Still learned many new things.

Jul 17, 2014 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly people I've met through the company; many were hospital staff. It was a great way of meeting and building connections in the hospital setting. Pay was decent.

Cons

Very high turn over rate. I was terminated during training because I was slow at finishing charts. Never received any warnings or told that I was terminated by management until I received my final pay and called asking about it. During online training, I was told by the trainers to do charts a certain way and on the floor, my trainers told me that way was wrong. Never the less, I am still upset with being terminated without prior warnings or even an email explaining why I was terminated until I asked. Also, a trainer at my site made me feel unwelcomed to the community. I was told by her to do certain things on charts and when I did, she would tell me that I was wrong. This was my personal experience.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Experience!

Jun 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical Scribe positions are able to offer on-the-job experience and they allow you to develop an extensive medical knowledge base. All of the Area Scribe Managers started off as Scribes first and have now been with the company for years leading the teams across the US. Really try and work with you to match you to a position that you are interested in.

Cons

Really must be motivated to work in the medical field or the position is not for you. Must commit to same location and shifts for a full year.

8. 2.0

Terribly Unprofessional with Non-Valued Employees

Jul 17, 2015 - EMR Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great resume builder gaining hospital experience, unfortunately they know it and pay next to nothing in exchange.

Cons

The cash and growth in this org comes from the Medical Scribes, not the EMR Implementation Tutors, so consequently those second class employees were treated as having next to no value and often provided with little to no communication. Playing favorites with project scheduling, a seemingly random raise schedule, and people disappearing after sudden firings, were all very typical. Consequently morale was low and gossip was high, nearly everyone was trying to find another job.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New management transforming the business

Apr 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is undergoing rapid change. Everyone is excited to be part of the change and there is a strong team moral. The new management is focused on improving the benefits for employees. There are a lot of opportunities to grow as the company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Workload can get big as there is so much that is being changed. Sometimes tasks take a long time because you are doing them for the first time, working things out etc.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Scribe - Tremendous clinical experience

Aug 5, 2015 - Medical Scribe in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful clinical experience in preparation for medical school, PA school, etc. - Great way to learn and understand the healthcare system and workflow - Great opportunity for growth within the company

Cons

- Overnight shifts in the ED can be rewarding but difficult for early birds in the emergency room - Steep learning curve if you have no previous scribe experience

11. 4.0

Medical Scribe

Sep 25, 2015 - Medical Scribe in Woodland Hills, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gives you the opportunity to understand patient care first hand. Allows you to build relationships with physicians that you work for. Biggest pro: Letters of recommendation from physicians.

Cons

Expectations are very high from all medical staff. Extremely underpaid. You are saving doctors HOURS a day in medical charting and are barely compensated. Many

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews
</>Embed

Essia Health Reviews FAQs

Essia Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 30 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Essia Health to a friend and 22% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Essia Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Essia Health. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

62% of Essia Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Essia Health 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Essia Health to be work life balance, coworkers, career development and the cons to be benefits, culture, management.