KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Estée Lauder Companies

Is this your company?

Estée Lauder Companies

Add a Review

Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews about "ong hours"

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 2,021 of over 2,835 reviews

4.0
Pros
  • "Good company with great benefits(in 122 reviews)

• "Great Culture, attitude, work life balance(in 109 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, working over holidays, not a good work life balance(in 76 reviews)

• "Long hours, Faced paced this was not a con for me but may be for some(in 67 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Estée Lauder Companies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "ong hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Jul 25, 2021 - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership team, excellent benefits, challenging goals, CEO is one of the best, a learning organization

Cons

A results driven organization that does not accept anything but the best. Decisions can take longer than desired due to complexity and number of brands.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that takes pride in its reputation

Jul 8, 2021 - Executive Director in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

ELC cares a lot about its reputation and what it represents. (In a good way). Therefore with the recent pandemic, it implemented a lot of safety precautions and it did prioritize the health and well being of its employees. 1. They formed a medical advisory board to provide scientific / medicine driven guidance with regards to safety procedures / reopening. 2. They increased additional benefits for backup care and mental wellness 3. They provided special masks to all onsite employees The general benefits in terms of compensation is pretty good. If you're eligible for a bonus it can be a pretty significant portion of your base salary (5%-25%) and depending on your level and the year you are eligible for equity (5% - 25%). Also there is a quarterly stipend for most full time employees $160 to spend at the company store where most products are heavily discounted. ~50% off. There are a lot of employee diversity groups which are supported/promoted by leadership (e.g., womens leadership network, Asian American Group, WELCOME, etc.)

Cons

There is a lot of ambiguity around career paths, unless you happen to be in one of the specialties (e.g., R&D), it will challenging what are the career expectations, promotion path etc.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Benefits, Friendly Working Environment, Mediocre Career Development

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits Estee Lauder provides are some of the best out there all around. The people you work with end up becoming friends and some feel like family.

Cons

Salary is not competitive enough especially in comparison to the cost of living on Long Island and in NYC. Raises for promotions can definitely be better. Lastly, career development. There is little to no help in that area for those looking to grow within the company and move to other areas of the business.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for! Great pay & benefits in a fun environment.

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are top notch: vacation, 401k, sick time, great insurance, paid holidays, personal days. The pay is hard to beat for the beauty industry. Yearly reviews & raises. Free products throughout the year with new launches and semi-annual gratis. If you have a love for the beauty industry, I’d recommend looking for a position with ELC. They take care of their people...on-going training, an abundance of ways to reach out for help for personal issues, etc. I honestly love the products and love introducing them to potential clients. No two days are the same and I thrive on not having a monotonous job.

Cons

Having the main office in NYC, sometimes you may feel a little lost in the crowd and communication may not be a 10/10 at times. If you reach out continuously for what you need, you’ll eventually get an answer. Some higher-ups may not care to look into personnel issues since they don’t have to deal with that person daily. The chain of command is always changing so we never know who is in charge of our direct boss, so we don’t know who to reach out to if we need an extra hand or if the ball has been dropped.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meetings all day, very friendly

Jul 13, 2021 - Full Stack Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company treats their employees very well. Lots of great perks and people make sure you have a work-life balance. Everyone is extremely friendly and the culture is very welcoming. There is also a fantastic emphasis on diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Get ready for an average of probably 5 hours of meetings a day. Especially as a developer it is hard to work in this environment. In the past month, on the best day I have had 3 hours of meetings, on the worst day I have had meetings all day (7 hours). If you enjoy working in meetings however (as a team) then this is the place to be. If you need long blocks of time to work independently, this is not the place to work. I don't think I have had a single 3 hours window to work in the past 6 months Ive been here, best case maybe I get 2 hours a day to get my work done.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Low Stress Level and Good Opportunities to Grow!

Jul 18, 2021 - Engineer in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love Estee. The company culture is the best thing about this company. It is family oriented. Learning is encouraged and failure is not punished. Year reviews, merit increases, and bonuses are fair. There is opportunities to grow if you do what you are supposed to.

Cons

You need to work really hard to get a year review above average.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Leadership, Opportunities and Benefits

Jul 12, 2021 - Ecommerce Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at ELC, and hope to return in the future. Leaders were always welcoming, open door policy and that allowed for me to constantly learn things. The work was for the most part exciting and I was also included and felt valued on my team.

Cons

I feel as though it is hard to get promoted, especially if you are on a smaller brand.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Grown-Up Mean Girls

Jul 25, 2021 - Sales Planning Coordinator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The offices are really nice and in a great location in the city.

Cons

VERY cliquey. Surprisingly immature dynamics from the highest level of management, such as isolating certain employees from in office celebrations. Absolutely none of the 'female empowerment' they spread on their social media channels. Much better places to work in the industry but a decent resume booster if you can handle the cattiness.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great first job experience

Jul 14, 2021 - Scientist in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, you can definitely move around the company. You will learn a LOT about formulation if you work in one of the formulation labs.

Cons

Some management will try to hold you in your position if you are a good worker.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits

Jul 19, 2021 - Field Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits especially if you are interested in starting a family

Cons

- Could have more support from senior leadership when trying to move up within your career

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,021 Reviews