Estes Forwarding Worldwide Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2020

4.3
Estes Forwarding Worldwide President and CEO  Scott Fisher (no image)
Scott Fisher
  1. "Great company! Love the atmosphere and opportunity."

Current Employee - Dock Worker

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is great at giving feedback and coaching you up when there are areas of improvement. I also enjoy the opportunity for advancement and personal development I have found here at EFW.

Cons

During "peak season" things can get pretty busy, but other than that I don't have anything negative to say about this company.

July 29, 2020Supervisor, VOC

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and provide us with the information to improve our company and culture. Our goal is to continue offering opportunities for growth and development throughout EFW, and employing the best team the industry has to offer. Keep up the great work!

2. "I'm not sure what this is referring to. Review Headline?"

Current Employee - Coordinator, EFW Experience in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive culture. Upper management demonstrates behavior that is congruent with EFW goals, inspiring and uplifting the team as a whole.

Cons

None that I can think of

July 29, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you so much for letting us know what you think of EFW. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the environment at EFW! Thank you for providing us with this feedback. We are excited to continue offering opportunities for growth and development.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Specialist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and managers do care.

Cons

I do not have any.

July 29, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are grateful for our hard working management team, and love feedback to help us improve as an organization. We appreciate your years of dedication, and value you as part of the EFW family.

4. "No career growth"

1.0
    Former Employee - Logistics

I worked at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time

Pros

There are free meals and snacks.

Cons

Climbing up the ladder is very difficult here. No clear instructions fro promotions. One thing I know is you must be popular and a puppet for the management for you to be promoted. Management would rather hire from outside than training their current employees to take on bigger responsibilities. It's a waste of effort giving your best here because it won't be at least acknowledged.

August 7, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Our employees are the foundation of our business and we work very hard to ensure they feel like family when they are here. We're sorry you felt those things when you worked for us, our goal is that every employee enjoys working at EFW, and feels they are given the information needed for growth and advancement. We appreciate your honesty and will be sure to take this into consideration as we continue to look for ways to improve our company and culture.

5. COVID-19

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time

Pros

EFW is a great company to work for. Upper management actually cares about each individual and treats each employee like a person rather than a number. During the current COVID19 crisis, employees have been allowed to work remotely from home and hours have not been cut despite the drop in volume. Employee assistance programs have been implemented including a payment deferred, interest free loan for any employee who is dealing with a financial hardship during this time. Never have I had a job where upper management members are actually more personable and take the time to ask about employees and they’re lives than the lower/middle management team. I am thankful to be a part of the EFW family.

Cons

Environment is a bit too relaxed at times. Example: employees aren’t held accountable for proper grammar usage and professional lingo in email correspondence to outside recipients.

May 1, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you for your response, we are grateful that you are part of the EFW family. We feel that EFW employees are the greatest asset we have. The opportunity the company has had to transition employees to a remote model through the COVID-19 crisis is a direct result of the determination and hard work we see from everyone at EFW. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback so we can continue to improve our company.

6. "Good company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I worked at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time

Pros

Family oriented, decent pay, flexible schedule, yearly, good benefits, yearly raise.

Cons

opportunities for advancement are usually given to certain people, even if they aren’t qualified. Pay doesn’t equal the amount of responsibility, hard work goes unnoticed/unappreciated.

April 24, 2020Supervisor, VOC

We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to provide this information, and bring it to our attention, so we can continue to improve our company. Our goal is that every employee would enjoy where they work, have their hard work noticed, and feel like they are part of a team. Strong communication and open dialogue are key areas of this company. We will review our employee recognition process and strategies for ways to build upon the programs we have in place.

7. "Estes Forwarding Worldwide “EFW” is an outstanding company."

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Leadership team demonstrating daily our Vision, Mission, & Core Values. Through EFWs Vision “Live by the golden rule; Treat everyone as you would want to be treated”. The company totally embraces this by taking care of their Customers, Employees, showing appreciation “Peak Season Perks” for employees, developing strong relationships with carrier partners, and total teamwork throughout the company “one team; one goal”. I have been with EFW for 6 years and have seen this demonstrated since day one along with allowing tremendous opportunity for all employees.

Cons

High expectations however that is also a positive.

April 3, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you for the review! Our EFW employees are a tremendous asset. We take pride in our mission to “Live by the golden rule; Treat everyone as you would want to be treated”. We feel that is what separates EFW from the rest of the competition. Having the industry top talent helps create a positive work environment while also providing product and service that constantly exceeds the needs and expectations of our customers. Thank for all you do!

8. "Great Overall"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time

Pros

People are great, good work environment

Cons

None that I can think of

April 3, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Our employees are our first priority and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think about EFW.

9. "Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Estes Forwarding Worldwide full-time

Pros

Laid back and close knit team atmosphere

Cons

Poor amenities and below average pay

April 3, 2020Supervisor, VOC

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience at EFW, we will be providing this information to our HR department. Thank you.

10. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

Open with communication, great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Pay could be better, but still pretty good

February 10, 2020Supervisor, VOC

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback! We appreciate your honesty and will be sure to take this into consideration as we continue to look for ways to improve our company and culture. Have a great day!

Found 27 reviews