Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The CEO has no concern for the employees or their families or work life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "Upper Management lost and disconnected from front line employees" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"BEST JOB EVER"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Esurance for 11 years and I LOVE my job. I have always felt valued as an employee and the open door policy with upper management is AMAZING! I love the work at home option!

Cons

I honestly have no cons!

Feb 20, 2019 – Customer Service Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing it and appreciate your time with us. We will continue to work on our great culture and look forward to your continued contributions in the years to come!

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've yet to work at a company that I like better. We are given free breakfast and there is free fresh fruit available throughout the day. People are upbeat about Esurance and their jobs - with a good sense of daily humor. There is a great mix of employee's that have been at the company for +10 years to learn from, mixed with new hires bringing in fresh ideas. This allows for the historian's to defend the historical approaches to work and integrate it into process improvements projects that come up. I've been impressed with how smart the Finance and Accounting team is. Esurance is great about sharing the game plan for the direction of the company which keeps everyone headed in the same direction. The tone at the top, which is ambitious and reasonable, certainly filters down to all levels. Most of all I appreciate the open door access to all levels of management.

Cons

Esurance is owned by Allstate, which means certain decisions don't appear to be fully Esurance's to make. For example the benefit package is controlled by Allstate.

"Surprisingly Painless"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Recruiting experience is like no other! The on boarding process really makes you feel like they want you at the company and are excited about it just as much as you are
    -Amazing room for growth, even if it's outside of the department you got hired for
    -Great culture and sense of community
    -San Francisco office is in great location on the Embarcadero

Cons

-Make work spaces more collaborative and open (physically), ditch the cubes. It closes you off from the people you work closest to.

4. "Esurance"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

salary plus bonus with inbound calls

Cons

bonus structure and poor management

"Fantastic Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Esurance is a great place to work! Training is excellent. Management cares about you. Fun activities and events every month. Opportunities for growth, raises, and bonuses.

Cons

No cons so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I

Mar 5, 2019

Thank you for sharing your Esurance experience with us! We're glad you love your job caring for our customers and making insurance surprisingly painless for them. We agree that this is a fun place to... More

6. "Your job satisfaction is highly dependent on your manager"

Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Learned a lot here and met some of the smartest people I'll probably ever meet. San Francisco office is pretty nice. Rocklin office was pretty laid back. Smaller insurance company so I got exposure to a lot of different teams and C-suite. Good opportunities to learn and work with different teams.

Cons

Your overall job satisfaction is highly dependent on who your manager is. My first manager was clueless and had no business being in the position they were in, and would often act aloof or straight up lie in front of their boss in order to save face. I ended up switching teams and was a much better fit. Rocklin was laid back but did not really have a culture at all.

"Its My Career"

Current Employee - Training in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Training in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, PTO package and I have been able to work my way up in the company. I came in the door at an entry level and was given great opportunities to learn new skills.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Feb 18, 2019 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am so glad that you are having such a great experience here, that is what we want for every associate! Thank you for all that you do to make Esurance a great... More

"Interview experience was top notch!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very transparent, efficient and enjoyable interview experience! I was moving from NY to SF and the interview team was very accommodative, working with me to schedule phone/skype interviews in the early stages and staying flexible when it came time to visit the office in person. Everyone I interviewed with had consistent messages and experiences with the company, and all were transparent about the direction of the company, company values, and what it's like to work at Esurance. Since I started working at Esurance a few months ago, my experience has been as advertised throughout the recruiting process which is a further testament to the thorough and transparent interview process.

Cons

No negative feedback to share.

Mar 5, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your Esurance experience. We're glad it's been positive from the beginning! We're committed to providing our candidates and our associates with a great experience that... More

"Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members - everyone is very nice and helpful. Everyone is willing to work with each other and help new team members.

Cons

Tech Stack is very old and not current with industry standards. A lot of architecture is very tightly coupled and does not follow best practices. Team members have a desire to improve it and modernize, but it seems management does not want to invest time or resources in the required effort - which is a large effort. Working on an old, large project with outdated technology is not good for a company or its workers.

Advice to Management

Allocate the minimum resources needed to keep current applications running, but push to modernize and keep up industry standards.

Mar 5, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Definitely agree that we have great teammates here at Esurance! We're committed to continuously improving our technology and processes so that we can make insurance... More

10. "Good fit for self-directed hard workers"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Madison, WI

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

competitive pay/benefits
    good work enviro
    little to no office politics
    you own the job to a large extent
    company invests in employee training

Cons

claims volume can be overwhelming at times
    overtime is needed to manage workload, esp in the first 6 mos or so

Advice to Management

Hire more adjusters. Other than that, keep up the good work. This branch has great management that is supportive, fair, and mentors its employees. They understand the demands of the job and always have your back.

Mar 5, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you're enjoying your Esurance experience. We agree that it's a great place to work and we appreciate what you do to care for our customers after they've... More