Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor

"CEO with a vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

The President/CEO has a solid vision for the company’s future. A great customer experience is the top priority and infuses everything we do. The CEO also truly cares about the associates (employees) and genuinely asks for feedback – which he responds to personally. I have never met a more people-focused leader. The people who work here are also some of the most fun and smart people around. It’s really a pleasure to come into work. That said, it’s also possible to work from home on occasion. Some of our staff are 100% work-from-home.

The San Francisco headquarters are in a beautiful and conveniently located part of town, and parts of the office have water views. Walks along the Embarcadero at lunchtime can’t be beat.

Cons

The company is working hard to improve areas of opportunity – mainly bringing the tech that associates use in line with the cutting-edge, award-winning technology we offer our customers. As a mid-size company, opportunities for career growth can be more challenging to come by, but again, something they are giving a lot of thought to improving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communications to associates about the company priorities and goals, as well as reports on improvements being made. The transparency is definitely of value!

"Growing company"

Current Employee - NOCC Operator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - NOCC Operator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people. Environment. NOCC Manager.

Cons

work shifts rotation, work and life balance

"It's a job"

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Pay is lower in areas than average. Not much recognition. Merit system is insulting if you work hard. Not much opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Make use of the resources and expertise you have to make your associates feel valued.

"Used to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great environment
    Some departments have flexible scheduling and work at home options

Cons

Don't know when to abandon failing ideas and continue to waste limited resources on them while the rest of the business suffers

Advice to Management

Make up your mind. Focus on one thing and stop going in so many counter productive directions. Intelligently reduce operating cost. Your current plan is very short sighted and will hurt the company

"Software Developer At Esurance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Project line, very good chance to improve your skills, flexibility of work

Cons

lot of Micro Management, Favoritism, lack of management skills

Advice to Management

Management should seriously Try to eliminate managers who do Favoritism, And Architects who does not know what they are doing. lot of layers which are created to avoid doing work and pressurize the lover level software Developer.

7. "Client Services I"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Strong core values that are focused on and shared amongst all employees. Great pay and benefits. Easy to continue career growth and move into different departments. Amazing Human Resources staff that will help with anything from personal to work related questions. Fantastic Work at Home Program that is moving with the modern world. Awesome place to grow as a person.

Cons

Be prepared for the material you learn to update frequently. Technology and software does delay at times and may make job more difficult but with is being proactively worked on to prevent further issues.

Advice to Management

Please continue to reward our services, we appreciate being appreciated! Continue the advancement of better software and computers.

Feb 13, 2017 – Customer Service Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy the work atmosphere and have been provided the support you need. Our focus continues to be on innovation and giving you the tools you need to do the ... More

8. "Actuarial Analyst"

Former Employee - Actuarial Research Analyst in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Actuarial Research Analyst in Corona, CA

I worked at Esurance (More than a year)

Pros

Workload was very light, people are nice and helpful

Cons

Organization has a lot of directional changes

9. "Good company"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met great people here. It was a call center environment. There were great callers and really awful callers. The job itself was okay, but the coworkers are why I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Call center environment. It was annoying having every second accounted for should you take a gulp of water between calls considering you are literally speaking 8 hours a day. I lost my voice a few times due to this.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adult human beings. You wouldn't have such a high turn over if you did this. It would help your sales increase as well I bet.

Jan 25, 2017 – Sales Director

Thank you for your feedback and we agree that we have great associates working in our call centers. Our approach continues to be focused on making a difference for our customers. We have a balanced ... More

"Operations not Operating"

Former Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The lower level employees are absolutely fantastic. Great team set ups across the board.

Location is right by the waterfront. Great place to go for a walk, (if your manager lets you.)

Cons

Upper management is very out of touch. A lot of old world thinkers there, and frankly, it just doesn't keep up in the Silicon Valley.

There is hardly any oversight of bad management. There a few rotten eggs that keep driving whole teams away, but nobody is doing anything about it.

HR is very friendly, but not useful as far as affecting management change.

Advice to Management

Top-down management style needs to go. There needs to be more input from the teams themselves, and definitely stricter oversight of managers.

Jan 30, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

I could not agree more, our associates and teams are fantastic, across the board! Our leadership team regularly solicits and responds to feedback from associates. Creating a culture where all ... More

"Find something better"

Current Employee - Service in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Service in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good coworkers(non management).. Good pay.. Free coffee... Free wifi... Good schedules... Cant think of much else that makes the place better than anywhere else..

Cons

You are never treated like an adult or a human for that matter by anyone in management above you... Treated like a 5 yr old on daily basis even though you go above and beyond and do your job with excellence... Any perks that are given to you don't last long.. They get taken away.. They are only concerned about numbers and dollars... Not you or your family... Yet they don't understand why morale is so low???

Advice to Management

Maybe quit taking all the perks away... Quit treating associates like children.. Maybe actually care for each one of us on a personal level and how we feel.. Actually take our concerns and ideas to heart and listen to our suggestions... Quit changing our job descriptions on the sly and making us do jobs we didn't even apply for.. I could go on and on....
    I have worked at Esurance for many.. Many years..

Feb 13, 2017 – Customer Service Manager

We appreciate your feedback here. Esurance strives to provide a great work atmosphere where every associate is treated with respect and has a voice. As we continue to grow, we are constantly ... More