Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 25 reviews)

• I went to work from home and was completely unsupported (in 7 reviews)

1. "Subrogation Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Subrogation Business Analyst in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Subrogation Business Analyst in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, innovation, employee appreciation, and easy career pathing plan.

Cons

Flexible work options not offered to everyone, only certain offices and departments.

Advice to Management

Offer flexible work options to more departments.

"Change can create great possibility..."

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun brand, flexibility and work-life balance. Lots of development opportunities--you can change career paths and stay with this company if you wish. At Esurance you will have the ability to influence decisions and make changes.

The company's purpose statement is that "We believe change creates great possibility". It truly is a time of change around here, but I feel that senior leadership is making tough decisions now to ensure the company's continued success. This was recently proven as we just won the J.D. Power award for Customer Service in California after big changes were implemented over the past year in that area.

Cons

Currently there is a focus on profitability so budgets are tight and stress is high. While I believe this time of change will eventually result in positive things, right now it is not the most comfortable environment.

Benefits plan is a thinned out version of Allstate's and are not the greatest, but you will have what you need.

Advice to Management

This is a time to communicate down in as many ways as possible. Change management takes time and trust. Middle management needs to feel empowered to speak to their teams and reinforce the current strategy and direction so the front line understands.

Jun 26, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I agree with you that the people, our brand, and the many development opportunities are a few of the things that make Esurance a great place to work. Our... More

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, in a casual atmosphere. Great place to work if young and looking to start a career in insurance. Great employee resource groups for women, LGBT, vets, etc. The company culture is inclusive and diverse.

Cons

The company has not been profitable since Allstate purchased it and is taking increasingly negative steps to reduce expenses. They pursued a strategy of unchecked growth after the acquisition and now it's time to pay the piper.

Advice to Management

It's off brand to have constant IT issues at a company born in San Francisco tech boom of the "dotcom" 1990s.

Jun 2, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you are having such a great experience here. We have grown and expanded our product offerings, as we have done this we regularly check to ensue that we... More

"Back to back phone calls can get stressful, but they take good care of you."

Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is probably one of the highest in Sioux Falls for this type of work. You'll learn a lot here and improve your customer service skills. Promotions are easy to come by if you are a top performer with good call quality.

Cons

Some of the customers are combative, and some will intentionally ask you to do everything that you're not able to do or not supposed to do. Everything is constantly changing and some of the software is unreliable. (probably because of the constant changes).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, but slow the hell down.

Mar 14, 2017 – Customer Service Manager

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback. We focus on being innovative, which creates a fast paced environment in which associates can learn and grow. We will continue to find ways to... More

"Growing company"

Current Employee - NOCC Operator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - NOCC Operator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people. Environment. NOCC Manager.

Cons

work shifts rotation, work and life balance

"Good company"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met great people here. It was a call center environment. There were great callers and really awful callers. The job itself was okay, but the coworkers are why I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Call center environment. It was annoying having every second accounted for should you take a gulp of water between calls considering you are literally speaking 8 hours a day. I lost my voice a few times due to this.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adult human beings. You wouldn't have such a high turn over if you did this. It would help your sales increase as well I bet.

Jan 25, 2017 – Sales Director

Thank you for your feedback and we agree that we have great associates working in our call centers. Our approach continues to be focused on making a difference for our customers. We have a balanced... More

"Actuarial Analyst"

Former Employee - Actuarial Research Analyst in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Actuarial Research Analyst in Corona, CA

I worked at Esurance (More than a year)

Pros

Workload was very light, people are nice and helpful

Cons

Organization has a lot of directional changes

"Licensed Multi-Line Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, competitive pay, positive work environment, fun

Cons

Not a lot of upward movement within sales department

Dec 13, 2016 – Sales Director

Thank you for your comments! Recently we’ve been even more focused on ensuring profitable sales growth to better support our customers and associates. We’re confident our approach will lead to more... More

"Good stability and comparatively flexible"

Current Employee - ECommerce Product Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - ECommerce Product Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance is a stable industry, and so jobs are relatively secure. They invest a lot in employee relations, which is appreciated. They are open to flexible work schedules as well as work-at-home situations, depending on your position.

Cons

The pay is somewhat under-market. There are many layers of management, and it takes a long time to get promotions. Compensation bonuses are tied to the overall performance of the company, so individual excellence is somewhat de-valued.

Advice to Management

Success Factors is a terrible metric for assessing true job performance, and can be very demoralizing. If you are going to provide employees with a true performance review, it shouldn't be on a curve.

10. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - WFM Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - WFM Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible work hours, transparent CEO and management, great team members, innovative and forward thinking, and relaxed environment.

Cons

Upward mobility can be limited in some departments, but I know that they are working on succession planning as a whole.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the succession planning process - it'll help keep your associates and lesson attrition.