Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 25 reviews)

• I went to work from home and was completely unsupported (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Refreshingly modern company that is on the move"

Current Employee - Manager in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful culture that is reminiscent of the way some of the fastest growing insurance companies were 15 years ago when everyone knew each other. As Allstate's Direct carrier they are focused and primed for growth in a way that the larger carriers are not. If you are looking to hitch your wagon to a rising star on the way up, Esurance is the place to be.

Cons

The campus is beautiful and the cafeteria has great food but it would be nice if there was also a full sized gym.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the pieces in place for growth but don't let go of the friendly atmosphere where everyone knows and supports each other.

"LCR"

Current Employee - LCR in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - LCR in Denver, CO

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great atmosphere
    -Treated well by management
    -Schedule flexibility
    -Good PTO
    -Friendly colleagues and office environment
    -Laid back work environment
    -Opportunities for growth and leadership

Cons

-Health insurance and benefits
    -Type of customers, but this is changing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Yes, things change frequently, and there are definitely those that don't enjoy these changes. However, management always does their best to maintain a positive outlook on those changes, and encourage their team to do the same. As long as you have a good attitude, you'll do fine here!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work with constant pay

Cons

Change is hard to adjust

Mar 16, 2017 – Sales Director

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your tenure! Our reason for updating our Sales strategy and processes are all focused on improving our overall customer satisfaction. We appreciate the... More

4. "Client Services I"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Strong core values that are focused on and shared amongst all employees. Great pay and benefits. Easy to continue career growth and move into different departments. Amazing Human Resources staff that will help with anything from personal to work related questions. Fantastic Work at Home Program that is moving with the modern world. Awesome place to grow as a person.

Cons

Be prepared for the material you learn to update frequently. Technology and software does delay at times and may make job more difficult but with is being proactively worked on to prevent further issues.

Advice to Management

Please continue to reward our services, we appreciate being appreciated! Continue the advancement of better software and computers.

Feb 13, 2017 – Customer Service Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy the work atmosphere and have been provided the support you need. Our focus continues to be on innovation and giving you the tools you need to do the... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young but stable and successful company with great vision in everything they do from marketing to young people and the future generation that is good with computers and the internet to providing excellent service to customers.

Cons

Still somewhat small compared to some of the big player insurance companies.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with more ways to be recognized for hard work.

6. "Favorite Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Multi-Line Agent in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Multi-Line Agent in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Esurance for two years. The best part for me is I love being able to work from home. The trainers are amazing. They give you all the information you need to be successful, you just have to put forth your best effort. Best job I've had and it will be my last. I plan to retire from here in a few years.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to get a better schedule. Promotions are available but the hours that go with them aren't the best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I love how we have access to speak to the management anytime we need to. They are always open thru email and chat

Dec 16, 2016 – Customer Service Manager

Thank you for your review. Our work at home program has been a great tool in the flexibility here at Esurance. We’re glad you enjoyed our training and hope you continue to enjoy your time with... More

"Great Company and Inspiring Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've never been happier. I believe that I have found the company that complements my ideology for how a company should operate. The atmosphere is great, really smart people to work with, great environment to learn and pursue your dreams. Very smart and inspiring Leadership.

Cons

Not that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Quality Assurance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and the opportunity for advancements are the 2 top qualities that come to mind The

Cons

Not aknowleding the work that is completed by individuals

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to the smaller items that play a big role in your day to day operations

Oct 24, 2016 – Customer Service Manager

We appreciate the feedback. It’s great that you were able to take advantage of the flexible scheduling and career development opportunities. We have Customer Service appreciation events throughout... More

"CEO with a vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

The President/CEO has a solid vision for the company’s future. A great customer experience is the top priority and infuses everything we do. The CEO also truly cares about the associates (employees) and genuinely asks for feedback – which he responds to personally. I have never met a more people-focused leader. The people who work here are also some of the most fun and smart people around. It’s really a pleasure to come into work. That said, it’s also possible to work from home on occasion. Some of our staff are 100% work-from-home.

The San Francisco headquarters are in a beautiful and conveniently located part of town, and parts of the office have water views. Walks along the Embarcadero at lunchtime can’t be beat.

Cons

The company is working hard to improve areas of opportunity – mainly bringing the tech that associates use in line with the cutting-edge, award-winning technology we offer our customers. As a mid-size company, opportunities for career growth can be more challenging to come by, but again, something they are giving a lot of thought to improving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communications to associates about the company priorities and goals, as well as reports on improvements being made. The transparency is definitely of value!

10. "Happy at Esurance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong management, supportive owner (Allstate), non-political atmosphere, challenging work, friendly and cooperative coworkers

Cons

The only downsides are related to working in a competitive industry with GEICO and Progressive as your main business rivals.