Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1. "Watch out."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Esurance (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

I had stated when I was filling out my application, under arrests etc. that I had a DUI. Worked there for 4 years or so, went from CSR to Welcome Wagon (pre-approval applicant rep). They decided we should be licensed agents due to the nature of our calls regarding underwriting. I passed the state test w/ a 98% (it was 90+ anyway), not an easy test. I and at least one other person got fired. NO reason was given other than false information on my application 4yrs prior. I specifically asked if I should disclose that and was told "no". To this day, I miss my friends and the work I did there. Darn shame, management can't grab their rear ends
    w/ both hands. Still, miss the place...

Advice to Management

Check your premises. Good employee vs whatever got me fired. I to this day do not know.

Esurance Response

Sep 16, 2016

Thank you for your review. The people are amazing here! Licensing requirements vary from state to state, the majority of states require more information than our application. We have a team of ... More

2. "Turnover"

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Job security and consistent year end bonus.

Cons

High turnover, heavy workload, and little work/life balance.

Esurance Response

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for your review! Every associate at Esurance is eligible for a bonus program—this is a great way to reward those who have contributed to us meeting our goals. We have programs in place to ... More

"Great place to stretch yourself"

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow and advance.

Cons

Like any company it's not perfect, but the business is open associate feedback and wants to improve.

"Associate Ecommerce Product Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Ecommerce Product Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Associate Ecommerce Product Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

Relaxed environment, wear jeans, flexible work schedule with the option to work from home once a week or when personal issues arise e.g. illness, doctor appointment, weather. Esurance really does care about their employees. Once a year they do an employee feedback and initiate action plans to meet employees' requests.

Cons

Esurance is still a young company that still experiences growing pains which could be seen as a pro or con depending on perception. Company needs to focus on being proactive rather than reactive with business solutions. Measures are being taken to hopefully rectify outdated software platforms.

Advice to Management

I like the direction the company is heading. Keep listening to your employees needs. Happy employees are productive employees.

"Claims"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Many growth opps
    + Consideration for changes are reviewed quickly

Cons

- somethings are still being put in place

7. "Happy at Esurance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong management, supportive owner (Allstate), non-political atmosphere, challenging work, friendly and cooperative coworkers

Cons

The only downsides are related to working in a competitive industry with GEICO and Progressive as your main business rivals.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Esurance has been a very positive experience. Our managers have a great open-door policy. I feel like I can call anyone if I have questions or concerns. There is a very positive attitude on a daily basis and we still have fun when we get busy or hit a bump in the road. Managers do a good job of recognizing good work. Great culture.

Cons

As a growing company, we make changes on a regular basis. Sometimes our goals and objectives aren't changed to reflect some of the updates that have been made. There are definitely some times where it feels like for a month we'll really focus on one metric, and then the next month that metric is forgotten about and a new one is focused on. As with any insurance company, workload changes often. Sometimes staffing can't keep up.

Advice to Management

Make sure top performers know where they stand, and provide any rewards that you can. Whether it's minor recognition, a small reward, or a spot bonus, this will go a long way to keep the good folks. Be flexible to staff ahead of need, since there will always be some turnover. Think through all the implications of major process changes before flipping a switch.

"Claims"

Current Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO

Pros

Great company to work for. Fun & positive group of people to work with. Relatively laidback work environment, where most people wear jeans.

Cons

Work here can be challenging at times, which can actually make the work day go by quickly

Advice to Management

none

10. "Unit Manager"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

This particular location is a smaller office, so communication is easy. Management is very accessible. Excellent benefit package (Allstate benefits). Relaxed dress code- jeans and tennis shoes are acceptable. Management seems very invested.

Cons

Because of the small office, when obstacles happen (staffing, claim volume), it is impactful to everyone.

Advice to Management

The most recent strategy to stay ahead with staffing is very important. That has the biggest impact on morale, both good and bad.

"Average to Slightly Below Average Experience"

Current Employee - Licensed Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work From Home option is good
    Good coworkers for the most part

Cons

Not flexible
    Understaffed in Call Center
    No Doctors Notes
    Management is not empathetic
    Work life balance

Advice to Management

Be more empathetic